The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
PTS - Signal Yellow (Mine) & Green
Other - Graphite Blue Metallic (yours), Black Metallic & Agate ...

Yes 5. You are right.
I've seen all but the green.
Don't forget about the two Miami Blue ones that were posted on their instagram page.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:43 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 117 Posts

There are as of Feb 1st 2019 .. 29 Touring on the ground in Canada thru all of 2018 and first 2 mo 2019 production ... it ridiculous to continually indicate Canada will have 70 cars or 41 more being built of the approx 75 GT3 builds left to ship ... why do you keep posting 70 cars ? The 2 largest dealers PFAFF Toronto and Vancouver have 5 more Touring coming ... Halifax none ... Ottawa none
Old 02-20-2019, 10:11 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
There are as of Feb 1st 2019 .. 29 Touring on the ground in Canada thru all of 2018 and first 2 mo 2019 production ... it ridiculous to continually indicate Canada will have 70 cars or 41 more being built of the approx 75 GT3 builds left to ship ... why do you keep posting 70 cars ? The 2 largest dealers PFAFF Toronto and Vancouver have 5 more Touring coming ... Halifax none ... Ottawa none
Brian...chill. Yes, you have a Touring and no one is saying emphatically that there's going to be 70 Canadian Touring from official stats. Ryan's information showing 29 cars so far will go up...by how much? It's anyone's guess.

Are Tourings rare in Canada? Yes, but considering there's a ton of 991.2 GT3's for sale...buyers will certainly need to decide wing or not for a deal.

Wanna know what's rare in Canada? Carrera T's...only 73 built for 2018 and 2019...a fraction of the GT3's available and a more useable street car with loads of torque. Runs and hides...lol
Old 02-21-2019, 12:09 AM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Brian...chill. Yes, you have a Touring and no one is saying emphatically that there's going to be 70 Canadian Touring from official stats. Ryan's information showing 29 cars so far will go up...by how much? It's anyone's guess.

Are Tourings rare in Canada? Yes, but considering there's a ton of 991.2 GT3's for sale...buyers will certainly need to decide wing or not for a deal.

Wanna know what's rare in Canada? Carrera T's...only 73 built for 2018 and 2019...a fraction of the GT3's available and a more useable street car with loads of torque. Runs and hides...lol
Lol, I appreciate this response
Old 02-21-2019, 08:36 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

Me too....LOL....these 991 GT cars, even RS models are not rare cars...maybe the touring will be coveted in 20 years but it still is a GT3....
The following users liked this post:
Bulldawgfan1000 (12-03-2021)
Old 02-21-2019, 05:22 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

With how many cars they built, tourings included. these will be used mass produced porsches in 5 years people dont really want. This touring guy above is delusional, but theres about 10,000 more of him on this forum. Your car is not rare, so go drive it like there is no tomorrow.
Whatever happen to anyone wanting to enjoy the car? Not the price tags, collectibility, PTS no one else cares about... Listen I drive a Miami blue 2019 Gt3 rs with no lift, no ceramics, no leather BUT with bose and autodim mirrors and the aluminum silver wheels. Total delusional build per RL, the car is 100% a 1 of 1. But guess what?! I dont even give a FK! and no one else does as they shouldnt. It doesnt matter if they made 1 or 1 million, these cars are supposed to bring happiness every time you get behind the wheel. If you are looking for an investment look elsewhere

That being said, this car is so amazing! the precision and stiffness in this thing compared to any other brand is insane all while keeping a very fun character to the car you just dont get in other supercars. It is so unbelievably tight and I dont know if I have honestly felt a better steering feel in any car. It is better than the 997.1 gt3 my family had when i was younger, it is better than even my 993! The short ratio steering is epic, super noticeable even compared to my other sports cars. It feels light but at the same time like there are magnets on the wheels and a gorilla on my hood. The buckets I would honestly never order on a normal gt3, dont get why people are obsessed with them. The free option on the rs makes it so I felt I had to stick with them. They are not that comfortable, took me a couple weeks to get used to it as u have to like fall into the seat. If I was 50 no way I could live with that, and I am 30 and go to the gym just about every day and it is still an interesting entry/exit to say the least lol. When others get into ur car they are going to have kind of a wtf moment the seat back doesnt move hahaha. Also the front end is incredibly low as people have stated but the black plastic can take abuse. ALSO, little rocks fly up into my black louvers on the front fenders and get stuck between the paint and the plastic louvers and kind of cringey when i see it But the only thing that matters is I feel like a kid at Christmas everyday I fire that thing up and drive to work or wherever

Point of the story, GO Have some fun. You never know if you are going to get hit by a bus tomorrow and it's lights out, no reason to obsess too much about how many they made of your car.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:00 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

👍👍
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Other than no lift, that is a great 3RS build. Love rubber dash, autodim, silver wheels.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:47 AM
argyle
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's hard to figure out why people buy certain cars, GT Porsche's with no miles or "never seen the track" make you wonder what the attraction was. As I said earlier I had full buckets in a 996 GT3 and they were great for track days didn't do anything for everyday driving except making sure my wife would not ride along. And the side bolsters showed wear after 5 yrs and 10000 mi of careful entry and exit. To lift or not to lift seems more like a gadget to engage before and after takeoff. I 'll bet the lower chin gets scuffed sooner or later on the cars with lift. you can buy a spare chin. PCCB? Have you ever ran out of brakes with a Porsche? Really? PTS is a different story in that some people have an eye for style and balance but lets face it some of these over spec'd interiors are attempts at the highest MSRP., Met a guy at Rennsport who had almost 10k miles on his Touring while I was still 3 months away from delivery and that was why I was envious,
Old 02-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Siriuslux
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by argyle
"1) never seen the track" make you wonder what the attraction was.

2) As I said earlier I had full buckets in a 996 GT3 and they were great for track days didn't do anything for everyday driving except making sure my wife would not ride along.

3) To lift or not to lift seems more like a gadget to engage before and after takeoff. I 'll bet the lower chin gets scuffed sooner or later on the cars with lift. you can buy a spare chin.

4) PCCB? Have you ever ran out of brakes with a Porsche? Really?

5) PTS is a different story in that some people have an eye for style and balance but lets face it some of these over spec'd interiors are attempts at the highest MSRP.,

6) Met a guy at Rennsport who had almost 10k miles on his Touring while I was still 3 months away from delivery and that was why I was envious,
One certainly can have different opinions, relating to the above points, mine would be the following:

1) I decided not to go on a track twenty years ago when I got a voucher for a couple of Nürburgring laps along with my 964RS and decided the track was nothing I would like to do by myself. I reckon it us certainly lots of fun, however I considered and still consider it to be too dangerous for me.

2) I like the buckets as much in the Touring as in the 964. My wife is all right with them, only that they are very low.

3) To have the front axle lift might just be a simple question: Does the car go in the garage or not? I prefer to put it in the garage vs. letting it sit outside all year long.

4) PCCB has certain advantages, however the disks are said to be delicate.

5) PTS: some people like coulours other than the standard ones, I found one in the standard range that the familz likes, so did not have to spend the extra €s.

6) Don’t have 16 kkm on the car but enjoyed every one of them.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
With how many cars they built, tourings included. these will be used mass produced porsches in 5 years people dont really want. This touring guy above is delusional, but theres about 10,000 more of him on this forum. Your car is not rare, so go drive it like there is no tomorrow.
10000%
Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

just stop being so obsessed about how many builds and go out and drive your cars folks ... enjoy them !!
Old 02-26-2019, 05:00 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by idk_alex
Lol, I appreciate this response
i do too ... hilarious when they bite and don’t get it lol
Old 02-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

For good reason T is rare ... a base Carrera ... want a “street” car with loads of torque ... buy a Dodge Demon ... no need to obsess just enjoy whatever you can afford and be happy

Last edited by Brian Himmelman; 02-27-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:31 PM
papasteph3
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it is worth I buy the cars, drive them and enjoy them. That’s what they are for. The only way these cars are going to be an investment worth more than just keeping your money in smart investments is if you put them in a bubble for decades and hope there is still guys out there that want your specific car with your spec you ordered. Exception here is of course the 918 and a handful of others. GT3s are not.

I have buddies that are buying the more limited numbered cars and they feel guilty every time they put a mile on it.
They are miserable to be around because their mood swings with the value of their cars and the value of trying to buy and sell a GT car swings with the market or finding people that don’t understand the market or care about how they waste their money. Save yourself the pain and suffering. Drive them or don’t buy them and think it’s an investment.

I ordered and just received a GT3 Touring PTS in Sport Classic Grey because I love that color. Porsche put that on the limited (250) 997 Sport Classic Coupes they built. Decided on the Touring because I love a manual 911 and the discreet look that fits my age of 60. Also ordered it with the carbon fiber seats and a few CXX options to incorporate some Acid Green accents. I know it’s one of a few out there in Sport Classic Grey with Acid Green and I wanted it that way so it was unique to me. Most like it some don’t. That’s ok....it’s mine and I love it.

There is a real easy technique to get in and out of the carbon fiber seats. It does require you to be able to support your weight on the door sill and steering wheel so if you can’t do that it might be challenging. These seats are made to drive on the track or on windy mountain roads that we enjoy in Utah. That’s where my car lives. If you are going to drive more than 200 miles in a day buy a 911 with Adaptive seats.

These are phoenomenal cars designed and engineered by a company that has more engineers than production workers. Enjoy them!!

Quick Reply: The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats