juanpablo046
Racer

Default Confirmed Touring Package orders

As far as I know, Touring Package will be:

- Wing delete
- Pepita interior without alcantara
- Manual only
- Revised rear grid

Still considering this option, my slot would qualify to include it. Anyone else considering this for your .2 build?

I will still need more details to decide, I know they will be available in a few days but the more time I have to decide...
Old 09-05-2017 | 11:52 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

I have December production and was told I can add it without a delay.
Old 09-06-2017 | 12:04 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Absolutely. I've already told my dealer and PCNA rep I want it.

I realize it may not be for everyone, but I love the pepita / houndstooth, prefer leather to alcantara, am getting a manual, and also prefer a less extroverted exterior look at least as far as the wing is concerned.

To put it another way, the day I bought my .1 GT3, I was test driving it side by side with a 911_50 manual and had a hard time deciding which to buy. I remember thinking if only the GT3 had the manual trans and the subtle beauty of the 911_50 but still the same engine and performance of the GT3. Well, it would seem the GT3 Touring Package is shaping up to be exactly that.

Since my production is now March (thanks to PTS delay; I'm not complaining....), should be fine to change once that option becomes available after Frankfurt. Still unsure though how the package might (or not) have any bearing on PTS, for example, if Touring Package involves any new exterior color option or different exterior trim color.

Anxiouslt awaiting...
Old 09-06-2017 | 12:40 AM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

I can't seem to find the original confirmation. Where did confirmation come from? If that list is all, and there's no four seater option, all I want in this list is the houndstooth.
Old 09-06-2017 | 12:42 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Not confirmed yet - -but working hard to get one. Should be a perfect drivers car
Old 09-06-2017 | 12:51 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superchargedman
I can't seem to find the original confirmation. Where did confirmation come from? If that list is all, and there's no four seater option, all I want in this list is the houndstooth.
I'm confused, NO rear seats?

I thought that and the rear wing delete were the main selling points.
Old 09-06-2017 | 03:12 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

Originally Posted by superchargedman
Trust me, it is confirmed.

Originally Posted by Haku
I'm confused, NO rear seats?

I thought that and the rear wing delete were the main selling points.
For now no one knows for sure exactly every detail, so we will have to wait for more confirmed info other than the points in my first post.

The info I have NOW is NO difference in the amount of seats to regular GT3
Old 09-06-2017 | 06:52 PM
theplanner
Advanced

Believe what you like, but touring pack is already 100% confirmed. Sadly to some no rear seats. It is a GT3 afterall, want rear seats, sure get a GTS
Old 09-06-2017 | 07:03 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

How much is this "option"? ...someone should tip their cleaning lady a bit!
Old 09-06-2017 | 07:22 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

I've been told that the touring package is only for Europe. The US does not get it.
This is not from the cleaning lady but from the folks who sell her products.
Old 09-06-2017 | 07:24 PM
tasman
Race Car

I have a confirmed touring package option I just have no car to put it in! LOL
Old 09-06-2017 | 10:37 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

so wait, just to clarify if you have a current GT3 allocation then you will be able to select this pack? There are suggestions that its an entirely different model but who really knows.

I plan to elect it if it becomes available...then the color would change and everything!
Old 09-06-2017 | 11:24 PM
theplanner
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlee504
so wait, just to clarify if you have a current GT3 allocation then you will be able to select this pack? There are suggestions that its an entirely different model but who really knows.

I plan to elect it if it becomes available...then the color would change and everything!
If u have a GT3 allocation for Nov17 onwards it will be an option to go touring pack but u will have to forgo the clubsport.

If ur allocation is Oct17, and u want touring pack, then u will need to give up ur slot for a later slot.

Lucky for me, big wing & clubsport is my thing so easy decision
Old 09-07-2017 | 06:16 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Originally Posted by Haku
I've been told that the touring package is only for Europe. The US does not get it.
This is not from the cleaning lady but from the folks who sell her products.

Why would that be? I am aware that the CS package is not offered in the US, but since the Touring Package by definition means a deletion of CS, there should not be problem, right?
Old 09-07-2017 | 07:59 AM
disden
Drifting

so other then a wing delete and pepita, what exactly is the point of this car? to be less noticed while driving your brightly colored PTS Porsche 911? And I'm betting the cost for these deletions will be hilarious. I could understand if rear seats where included for the kiddos and you wanted an NA car. Just seems like an odd choice. Kudos to Porsche however for giving everyone something they want! Congrats to those getting one as well, will be interested to see pics. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Confirmed Touring Package orders