Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Confirmed Touring Package orders (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1024030-confirmed-touring-package-orders.html)

juanpablo046 09-05-2017 11:38 PM

Confirmed Touring Package orders

As far as I know, Touring Package will be:

- Wing delete
- Pepita interior without alcantara
- Manual only
- Revised rear grid

Still considering this option, my slot would qualify to include it. Anyone else considering this for your .2 build?

I will still need more details to decide, I know they will be available in a few days but the more time I have to decide...

JUPJAI 09-05-2017 11:52 PM

I have December production and was told I can add it without a delay.

Lapis 09-06-2017 12:04 AM

Absolutely. I've already told my dealer and PCNA rep I want it.

I realize it may not be for everyone, but I love the pepita / houndstooth, prefer leather to alcantara, am getting a manual, and also prefer a less extroverted exterior look at least as far as the wing is concerned.

To put it another way, the day I bought my .1 GT3, I was test driving it side by side with a 911_50 manual and had a hard time deciding which to buy. I remember thinking if only the GT3 had the manual trans and the subtle beauty of the 911_50 but still the same engine and performance of the GT3. Well, it would seem the GT3 Touring Package is shaping up to be exactly that.

Since my production is now March (thanks to PTS delay; I'm not complaining....), should be fine to change once that option becomes available after Frankfurt. Still unsure though how the package might (or not) have any bearing on PTS, for example, if Touring Package involves any new exterior color option or different exterior trim color.

Anxiouslt awaiting... :corn:

superchargedman 09-06-2017 12:40 AM

I can't seem to find the original confirmation. Where did confirmation come from? If that list is all, and there's no four seater option, all I want in this list is the houndstooth.

-eztrader- 09-06-2017 12:42 AM

Not confirmed yet - -but working hard to get one. Should be a perfect drivers car

Haku 09-06-2017 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by superchargedman (Post 14457884)
I can't seem to find the original confirmation. Where did confirmation come from? If that list is all, and there's no four seater option, all I want in this list is the houndstooth.

I'm confused, NO rear seats?

I thought that and the rear wing delete were the main selling points.

juanpablo046 09-06-2017 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by superchargedman (Post 14457884)

Trust me, it is confirmed.

Originally Posted by Haku (Post 14457902)
I'm confused, NO rear seats?

I thought that and the rear wing delete were the main selling points.

For now no one knows for sure exactly every detail, so we will have to wait for more confirmed info other than the points in my first post.

The info I have NOW is NO difference in the amount of seats to regular GT3

theplanner 09-06-2017 06:52 PM

Believe what you like, but touring pack is already 100% confirmed. Sadly to some no rear seats. It is a GT3 afterall, want rear seats, sure get a GTS :)

Buteo 09-06-2017 07:03 PM

How much is this "option"? ...someone should tip their cleaning lady a bit!

Haku 09-06-2017 07:22 PM

I've been told that the touring package is only for Europe. The US does not get it.
This is not from the cleaning lady but from the folks who sell her products.

tasman 09-06-2017 07:24 PM

I have a confirmed touring package option I just have no car to put it in! LOL

jlee504 09-06-2017 10:37 PM

so wait, just to clarify if you have a current GT3 allocation then you will be able to select this pack? There are suggestions that its an entirely different model but who really knows.

I plan to elect it if it becomes available...then the color would change and everything!

theplanner 09-06-2017 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by jlee504 (Post 14460212)
so wait, just to clarify if you have a current GT3 allocation then you will be able to select this pack? There are suggestions that its an entirely different model but who really knows.

I plan to elect it if it becomes available...then the color would change and everything!

If u have a GT3 allocation for Nov17 onwards it will be an option to go touring pack but u will have to forgo the clubsport.

If ur allocation is Oct17, and u want touring pack, then u will need to give up ur slot for a later slot.

Lucky for me, big wing & clubsport is my thing so easy decision :)

spydersmiley 09-07-2017 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Haku (Post 14459478)
I've been told that the touring package is only for Europe. The US does not get it.
This is not from the cleaning lady but from the folks who sell her products.

Why would that be? I am aware that the CS package is not offered in the US, but since the Touring Package by definition means a deletion of CS, there should not be problem, right?

disden 09-07-2017 07:59 AM

so other then a wing delete and pepita, what exactly is the point of this car? to be less noticed while driving your brightly colored PTS Porsche 911? And I'm betting the cost for these deletions will be hilarious. I could understand if rear seats where included for the kiddos and you wanted an NA car. Just seems like an odd choice. Kudos to Porsche however for giving everyone something they want! Congrats to those getting one as well, will be interested to see pics. Cheers.