Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather steering column DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017 | 02:33 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by islandsnow
OT: this pic has me dreaming of a steering wheel boss so the steering wheel comes closer to my chest !
Old 08-26-2017 | 04:29 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Eduardo, thanks. I tried to add this to my build but my status is V250 and my SA tells me it is impossible. To quote him "Once it is at V250 even if you wanted to add $50,000 in options to your build status, PAG would say no." Now that I would find hard to believe.
OT but I was 250 for the RS and got the color and wheels changed and added CXX uprights. Dealer worked hard to do by working with Atlanta then Germany because they failed to notify me that my build locked 6 weeks earlier than planned (production moved forward).
Old 08-27-2017 | 05:26 PM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Install Instructions

Originally Posted by robmypro
Thanks for the info. Do you have DIY instructions or videos available?

Robmypro-

Steering Column Instructions:
Steering wheel does not have to be removed, nor battery disconnected. 991/981 is only model where install of Steering Column is possible without steering wheel removal. The steering column casing has two screws located on the underside which need to be removed; then, there are 2 tabs on each side that can be pushed in from front, and are accessible when steering wheel is rotated appropriately.

On Manual Adjust Wheels, a screw that holds the adjustment lever needs to be removed first. On Electric Version, switch can be removed and swapped after disassembly. The column is removed in a clamshell manner. Remove and re-install mics. Use reverse steps for re-install. Total estimated time for procedure 10 minutes.

Old 08-27-2017 | 08:52 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Robmypro-

Steering wheel does not have to be removed, nor battery disconnected. 991/981 is only model where install of Steering Column is possible without steering wheel removal. The steering column casing has two screws located on the underside which need to be removed; then, there are 2 tabs on each side that can be pushed in from front, and are accessible when steering wheel is rotated appropriately.

On Manual Adjust Wheels, a screw that holds the adjustment lever needs to be removed first. On Electric Version, switch can be removed and swapped after disassembly. The column is removed in a clamshell manner. Remove and re-install mics. Use reverse steps for re-install. Total estimated time for procedure 10 minutes.
Thank you for that piece of information.
I plan to contact you soon on additional
leather trim I might want to add to a 991
I am thinking of acquiring!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 08-27-2017 | 11:48 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Robmypro-

Awesome. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Leather steering column DIY?