Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 12:07 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
One problem, where are all the people who requested PTS but got denied a slot? We all know this has historically been a very oversubscribed option, and yet I haven't heard of anyone say they requested PTS, but were told no. In fact, it seems like just about everyone is reporting they expect PTS approval. Something about that just doesn't feel right to me, since the denials should far outweigh the approvals.
Simple answer, that's in the past. In the past PCNA waited for the PTS window to open. Then it was organized chaos and everyone for himself to get an order in, get it approved and get a slot. Lots of people didn't get done in time, or put through an unapproved color, or option that isn't allowed, then sorry try again, and oops all the slots are gone. This year they laid them out and moved the allocations around to a preset number of allocations (I think from everything I can piece together), and no, not everyone got one- but if you had an allocation that was September on and unlocked you got in the que for PTS through the ZPT. Some just got in as late as today to V180- that tells me that they were on hold until somebody dropped out, most likely someone who cancelled due to the price increase. Another thing through ZPT, it looks like PCNA negotiated with Germany for a preset number of slots, AND, reviewed each request for compatibility with current PTS list, options etc. It really seemed more organized and PCNA, through a review are making sure it has less chance to be denied for some simple oversight like ordering painted interior.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:11 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Can anyone actually confirm this information? Is the US really getting shafted here with PTS pricing. Forget trying to make investment sense out of resale value, for what I suspect is likely their biggest market I can't believe they would have a much higher PTS price in the US than anywhere else. Typically cars are less expensive here than even in Germany. I have a PTS order in (build number assigned but PTS not confirmed) but this whole pricing game is really getting ridiculous. It would seem to me PTS is being priced to discourage it. I guess if you are buying the car it's one thing but if you're leasing it, it doesn't seem to compute given you likely won't be able to residualize that anyway given MRM allowances.
One more for the database. Please give us more information:

Production month
V180 or ?
Dealer location (state, country)
Color
PDK or Manual
CXX options
PEC or Euro Delivery

Thanks! You can PM me with whatever you want to keep private.

Andre
Old 08-09-2017, 12:24 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Update

From now on the update will go on the first post to make it easier to find, thanks to a great suggestion from Nacelle!

Lots of you not getting information on your production month- the more of you that give me that information the better we can understand what is going on behind the scenes.

As usual thanks for the updates!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:18 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
One problem, where are all the people who requested PTS but got denied a slot? We all know this has historically been a very oversubscribed option, and yet I haven't heard of anyone say they requested PTS, but were told no. In fact, it seems like just about everyone is reporting they expect PTS approval. Something about that just doesn't feel right to me, since the denials should far outweigh the approvals.
I think all the people in V180 status are those who requested PTS. Until the order is V200 or higher, it's not approved. Sometime soon the approvals will be done (I hope).

Last edited by Dr.Bill; 08-21-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Can anyone actually confirm this information? Is the US really getting shafted here with PTS pricing. Forget trying to make investment sense out of resale value, for what I suspect is likely their biggest market I can't believe they would have a much higher PTS price in the US than anywhere else. Typically cars are less expensive here than even in Germany. I have a PTS order in (build number assigned but PTS not confirmed) but this whole pricing game is really getting ridiculous. It would seem to me PTS is being priced to discourage it. I guess if you are buying the car it's one thing but if you're leasing it, it doesn't seem to compute given you likely won't be able to residualize that anyway given MRM allowances.
Would be good for someone from Europe or Middle East to give some input on this one. As I said, in the build sheet here in Malaysia the price is 32.542MYR tax free which is roughly 7600USD... I doubt that the tax would be roughly double in order to match the US price...
Old 08-09-2017, 01:25 AM
Asco
Racer

Originally Posted by montoya
From now on the update will go on the first post to make it easier to find, thanks to a great suggestion from Nacelle!

Lots of you not getting information on your production month- the more of you that give me that information the better we can understand what is going on behind the scenes.

As usual thanks for the updates!
Montoya, do you want to add the Signal Green from the MY dealer? Will end up in someone's garage anyways..
Old 08-09-2017, 01:34 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Asco
Montoya, do you want to add the Signal Green from the MY dealer? Will end up in someone's garage anyways..
Is it a done deal? In this case yes. Do you know the production month?
Old 08-09-2017, 01:47 AM
Asco
Racer

Is it a done deal? In this case yes. Do you know the production month?
All details a bit above in my previous posts. It's dealer inventory, build month October and locked for any changes. So yes, a done deal for anyone who buys it.. I'm skipping as the spec is not to my liking.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:10 AM
Anders
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would be good for someone from Europe or Middle East to give some input on this one. As I said, in the build sheet here in Malaysia the price is 32.542MYR tax free which is roughly 7600USD... I doubt that the tax would be roughly double in order to match the US price...
European price is €8300 + sales tax.

As a comparison the cost was €3500 for the .1RS. The current price for the other 991.2 models is €4500.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:17 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the US is absolutely getting shafted.

Relatively speaking we are are paying USD 12,000 for PTS, however the base car itself is also USD 270,000, so on your terms, car being USD 150,000 your PTS should be USD 7,000
Old 08-09-2017, 05:51 AM
sleazius
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by .dee
I think the US is absolutely getting shafted.

Relatively speaking we are are paying USD 12,000 for PTS, however the base car itself is also USD 270,000, so on your terms, car being USD 150,000 your PTS should be USD 7,000
This is Australia FYI. I disagree that the US is being ripped off. Most countries world wide are charging the equivalent of USD 12000 (or close to it) and this has been the case since the 991.1 GT3.

If anything the US was getting a discount and is being brought more into line with global pricing.

Base price for the car worldwide in the majority of western countries is also over $US200k. So it is likely that there will be large price jumps for US customers with each new GT3 model moving forward.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Update on the first post. Starting to see some trends. PTS orders outside of North America are seemingly grouped for producing in October, with North American orders starting in December and running through June (me!). The December production orders are PDK, so I think some extra special pressure allowed those cars to be ordered early maybe in the first wave of allocations? Those lucky with the early production feel free to share- what was your original production month?

I had a suggestion to add the cost of the PTS order into the database- the thinking is some of you might still have a different price or it's maybe not listed properly. One more thing you should be on top of, let me know your thoughts and I can add it

As usual, thanks for the updates everyone! Keep them coming- I have a couple of deputies watching all the threads, but if you find one I missed PM me please!

Thanks,

Andre
Old 08-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Update on the first post. Starting to see some trends. PTS orders outside of North America are seemingly grouped for producing in October, with North American orders starting in December and running through June (me!). The December production orders are PDK, so I think some extra special pressure allowed those cars to be ordered early maybe in the first wave of allocations? Those lucky with the early production feel free to share- what was your original production month?

I had a suggestion to add the cost of the PTS order into the database- the thinking is some of you might still have a different price or it's maybe not listed properly. One more thing you should be on top of, let me know your thoughts and I can add it

As usual, thanks for the updates everyone! Keep them coming- I have a couple of deputies watching all the threads, but if you find one I missed PM me please!

Thanks,

Andre
One question would be does every person in V180 on the list have the actual PTS option 98 or 99 now on their build sheet, or are some still sitting with the ZPT option (since the latter was also a V180 state originally).
Old 08-10-2017, 01:24 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
One question would be does every person in V180 on the list have the actual PTS option 98 or 99 now on their build sheet, or are some still sitting with the ZPT option (since the latter was also a V180 state originally).
Do you know what that option code is? Mine currently sits with option 98 at $12,830, which I believe is the same as yours.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:25 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

My Build Sheet shows:

Vehicle Status - V180 - PAG Text handling required
MTYP - 991810 MY 2018 Color 989868 C-No. CO2
- "98" "Exterior Paint to Sample, Non-Metallic" for $12,830
- "24931 "Preparation for Exterior Paint to Sample" for $0.00
- "789" "Preparation for Exterior Paint to Sample" for $0.00
- "CXX" "Custom Tailoring Option (Special wishes that require further" for $0.00

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order