end. But hopefully not just yet!
Here is to friendships...& fun cars!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 10-20-2017, 03:35 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
PTS ...
Originally Posted by Z356
fxz:

The problem* with you is that you don't pay
close attention to what is posted here on
Rennlist. 'Ultraviolet' has been approved for
PTS for a while:

And even a .2 991 GTS has been received
in that color:

And it's 'vety good', to use your term!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

*I should have said 'one of the many problems
with you
', because you are 'problematic' dude, aren't you?
uhm not problematic
let s say i am not vintage like you

looking around at Bmw Lambo etc.
i noticed porsche is poor on standard color palette
and apart a thousand of PTS colors that remembrr me my 3years son bedroom

i don t think anything except UV, Phyton green and Saffron is really interesting

i swear i did almost anything to convince myself that all the vomiting vomit-like yellow green palette are cool and nice
no way

,) thanks for UV suggestions i was missing that one
Old 10-20-2017, 08:33 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Italia:

We were there at that same spot
(Oark General Store & Cafe) in
the Ozarks last November with a
group of Porsche buddies from
Houston. Small world indeed!
And yes...we will all die in the
end. But hopefully not just yet!
Here is to friendships...& fun cars!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Small World!
Amazing driving roads around there.
I intend to take my GT3 on many such trips...
Old 10-21-2017, 06:43 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm also in V215.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by RS911
I'm also in V215.
Your April build went V215 already?? Any chance you double checked your build schedule / allocation month at the same time?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:41 PM
RS911
Racer

Originally Posted by Mech33
Your April build went V215 already?? Any chance you double checked your build schedule / allocation month at the same time?
Build is in March. Mind you, my build was to be much sooner. My previous builds all got rejected, because of my out of the norm interior requests.. This current build is backup Plan C. I visited exclusive half a dozen times. But at least I now know exactly what Porsches allows in a GT3 build.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:00 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Build is in March. Mind you, my build was to be much sooner. My previous builds all got rejected, because of my out of the norm interior requests.. This current build is backup Plan C. I visited exclusive half a dozen times. But at least I now know exactly what Porsches allows in a GT3 build.
Can you share a bit about what you learned?.. what you asked for and what was ultimately accepted?
Old 10-21-2017, 10:39 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

you really going to let us hanging like that??
Old 10-21-2017, 10:45 PM
RS911
Racer

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Can you share a bit about what you learned?.. what you asked for and what was ultimately accepted?
As most know Porsche does not allow certain things with PTS that they would with a regular color on the exterior of the vehicle. For example, side skirts cannot be painted nor can the lower half of the side mirrors. There are other items as well, but those two are the big ones.

When it comes to the interior, Porsche regardless of the exterior color, insists on certain things. Unlike a regular 911 the lower black plastic section (where the speakers are) cannot be changed. The dashboard has to stay also black. The same goes for the windshield frame, that part has to stay in black Alcantara. Mind you this is all before the touring package. The seats can be in a different color and I have choosen Pepita inserts. To make a long story short, when it comes to the interior the bottom half and the top half of the car have to stay in the color black. One can introduce another color for the "middle part" but it would give you a zebra effect.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:05 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

I'm also in V215.

I’m getting behind on the list! Update tonight I promise!

It’s interesting your order went V215 out of order, maybe more good news is waiting for the rest of us and approvals are starting to come in.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:10 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
I have v180 on UV car. So we will see..
Originally Posted by esse10229
My order changed to V180
Grigio Telesto

However, the request of painted key was denied.
As for now, I have standard wheel, still debating whether I should add black wheels and LED headlight. Any advice ?
Please provide us with more information for the database:

V status- please confirm with your dealer
Production month-
Dealer Location- State only
PDK or Manual?
PTS color?
CXX options- yes or no
Euro delivery?

Of course feel free to keep anything you want private. Thanks for posting!

List is updated! Lot's of Yellow for missing production dates- help everyone here if you can and let us know your production date and whether it moved when you had your PTS request go to V180. Thanks!

Andre
Old 10-22-2017, 12:46 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

As most know Porsche does not allow certain things with PTS that they would with a regular color on the exterior of the vehicle. For example, side skirts cannot be painted nor can the lower half of the side mirrors. There are other items as well, but those two are the big ones.

When it comes to the interior, Porsche regardless of the exterior color, insists on certain things. Unlike a regular 911 the lower black plastic section (where the speakers are) cannot be changed. The dashboard has to stay also black. The same goes for the windshield frame, that part has to stay in black Alcantara. Mind you this is all before the touring package. The seats can be in a different color and I have choosen Pepita inserts. To make a long story short, when it comes to the interior the bottom half and the top half of the car have to stay in the color black. One can introduce another color for the "middle part" but it would give you a zebra effect.
On the interior that is interesting. I know there is the Cedar natural leather interior GT3RS which had a Cedar Leather dash. I wish Leather to Sample was an option on the GT3 like it is on the turbo and Carrera. There was also the class action settlement about the reflections from the light colored dash boards maybe that has something to do with it. Were you requesting a light color for the interior? When I asked in the pre-touring days, I was told you could swap all the alcantara for leather through CXX but the price was high (like $30k). At that point I was like don’t worry and planned to swap the interior from my C2 order into the GT3 rather than spend that kind of money on CXX (touring and getting the GT3 first put that plan on ice).
Old 10-22-2017, 12:52 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Looks like CXX deviated stitching will delay 8weeks car production
Old 10-22-2017, 02:59 PM
RS911
Racer

Originally Posted by evilfij
On the interior that is interesting. I know there is the Cedar natural leather interior GT3RS which had a Cedar Leather dash. I wish Leather to Sample was an option on the GT3 like it is on the turbo and Carrera. There was also the class action settlement about the reflections from the light colored dash boards maybe that has something to do with it. Were you requesting a light color for the interior? When I asked in the pre-touring days, I was told you could swap all the alcantara for leather through CXX but the price was high (like $30k). At that point I was like don’t worry and planned to swap the interior from my C2 order into the GT3 rather than spend that kind of money on CXX (touring and getting the GT3 first put that plan on ice).
No I wanted the espresso brown, which is a fairly dark color. Even exclusive thought for a while that getting a dashboard in a different color from the current interior list of the 911 line would not be a problem. At the end Stuttgart turned it down and insisted that the dashboard has be in in black.

And no again, not all of the Alcantara can be switched out. The windshield frame has to be in Alcantara. The middle part where the glove compartment is can be done in leather. The very bottom has to stay in black plastic.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:44 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

No I wanted the espresso brown, which is a fairly dark color. Even exclusive thought for a while that getting a dashboard in a different color from the current interior list of the 911 line would not be a problem. At the end Stuttgart turned it down and insisted that the dashboard has be in in black.

And no again, not all of the Alcantara can be switched out. The windshield frame has to be in Alcantara. The middle part where the glove compartment is can be done in leather. The very bottom has to stay in black plastic.
Interesting. I too am suprised they would not do espresso. It is the nicest of the available leathers. I suppose you could order it from parts if that was the only issue. The windshield frame is always in alcantara (leather interior) or vinyl (not leather interior) on a coupe. On cabs and targas it can be leather and is with leather interior.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order