Picture of your daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 10:43 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

wrong section...

Last edited by Igooz; 07-14-2021 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:07 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,566 Likes on 5,073 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
All that said, I still wanted to scratch the performance sedan itch, so I just got confirmed for a a CT5-V Blackwing build slot. It's a weird world when Cadillac is the brand that offers the consumer a 670hp RWD manual sedan, but there you have it. It won't be German, so many will be snooty about it, but it's going to be an epically fun thing to drive, and certainly the last of its kind across all brands. Just imagine the hubbub if MBW came out with a M5 CS RWD manual, or Audi came out with a RS6 Performance RWD manual ... the internet would explode and they'd be $100k markups on them. Really looking forward to that one.
And maybe they might even make a Blackwing Wagon.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33055/...gineering-boss
Old 07-13-2021, 11:13 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
And maybe they might even make a Blackwing Wagon.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33055/...gineering-boss
I have sacrificed many a goat to multiple deities, including Justin my local caddy gsm for that to be so.

On a side note, I am beyond grateful for not being mocked for my BMW dyslexia..
Old 07-14-2021, 08:54 PM
rhk118
Pro

Received 267 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Yes. I replaced my F80 M3 with an RS6.

The BMW Trans is definitely more sporty. The DCT is awesome. Although the RS6 trans is fast it does have a lot more range as far as comfort, sport, and RS Mode so IMO it's better in the way the car is used as a Daily.
But the trans is about the only thing that is better on the M3 than the RS6, IMO.

The 4 wheel steering really masks the RS6 overall size, it is a big *** car. It is truly amazing how adjusting settings on this car makes it a luxury cruiser to a sophisticated animal via changing the suspension, trans, steering, and drive modes, etc That said, the size of the car is what makes it such a fantastic daily driver because it is so useful. I know I'm bias here but it is probably the best looking car on the road, period. I get more thumbs up and questions about this car than any of the cars I've owned. And by far the best daily driver, back roads and particularly highway. It's is crazy fast to where you cannot believe you are doing 120 on the highway because it feels like 85mph.

Overall the M3 is always on it's toes vs the RS6 which has a huge range or drivability setting from ride, trans, engine, etc. So from a handling standpoint, the engineering hides the weight of the RS6 very well. There is an enormous Delta in size from the F80 to the RS6 and you cannot cheat physics. For daily you'll hardly notice that because of the aforementioned reasons listed above. When really pushing the RS6 through a canyon/mountain road and slowing her fat *** down you'll notice the size delta. That's honestly the only time I've really felt her mass. But I reserve the Mountain runs for the GT3RS.

Bottom line It's much better than the F80
Originally Posted by soulsea
On the subject of performance sedans/wagons ...

I passed on my avant allocation last fall after Audi jerked me around for six months. Was wondering if I had made a mistake by bailing, but after driving my friend's at length it turned out to be a fortuitous decision (for me). Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a beautiful vehicle with a great interior, fantastic performance, and a lot of presence. But I enjoyed driving my 18 M5C a lot more as it just felt a lot more emotional and eventful. The Avant felt too 'Panameraish' for me, which many be a good or bad thing depending on what you are looking for out of your daily, and that farty exhaust sound was hard to take in person. In fact my Durango Hellcat, with its soccer mom looks, suv handling, FCA build quality, and all other warts, has better performance, epic exhaust sound, and is overall a much more fun vehicle to drive.

All that said, I still wanted to scratch the performance sedan itch, so I just got confirmed for a a CT5-V Blackwing build slot. It's a weird world when Cadillac is the brand that offers the consumer a 670hp RWD manual sedan, but there you have it. It won't be German, so many will be snooty about it, but it's going to be an epically fun thing to drive, and certainly the last of its kind across all brands. Just imagine the hubbub if MBW came out with a M5 CS RWD manual, or Audi came out with a RS6 Performance RWD manual ... the internet would explode and they'd be $100k markups on them. Really looking forward to that one.
Thanks so much guys. Have had a manual F80 for 6 years and love the thing, its just getting a bit small as the kids are getting bigger (and more stuff) and has been a great car with zero issues. Also live in the Northeast and have winter tires for it but don't drive it in snow/salt/major winter weather to preserve it (take the truck instead). So looking for something sporty, non-suv or truck, and preferably AWD so can just drive it year round. RS6 Avant passed me on the highway last week and WOW....have seen a lot of them on here and hadn't considered it, now like the 992 GT3 would be lucky to be able to get one - you either get a dealer who plays games or you don't, as is life these days. I have driven M2, M3, M4, M5, M8 on track and completely get the weight you are referring to - these cars go but they don't slow down like an M2 will, and thats fine, so I imagine the mass you are referring to is similar to M2/M3 vs M5 into a corner, thanks for at least confirming that it feels smaller when using the go pedal! The RS6 looks amazing, has the extra space, V8 is a HUGE plus for me, and AWD so should get on in bad New England weather just fine.

However to soulsea's points I'm not going to play soul-sucking allocation games with a dealer over one. I know these guys have no cars to sell and that sucks, but don't play with me like a ball of yarn out of sheer boredom (I know some are trying to just survive this). Soulsea -- Congrats! The CT5-V Blackwing will be nuts and that will scratch the itch you have quite well--interestingly the Cadillac dealer near me took my deposit for an allocation on "opening day" and then proceeded to play games, hint at ADM, promise then take back so I told them to take a hike. I'm quite good on manual RWD cars at the moment and the GT3 for sure is my absolute zen place. So the M3 is sitting in this nice weather. Time for something different. But soulsea you will love the caddie...hopefully the rumor of another V-wagon pans out!

Open to suggestions for a 365 / long road trips daily: RS6 Avant looks, sounds, and seems to perform great (thanks for the input), M5cs will be unobtanium, RR Sport SVR?....anyone with other ideas that isn't a full size truck or SUV?

Going to visit an RS6 Avant at my local dealer tomorrow, it came in today, they are making an exception to their rule and letting me take a look before it gets delivered...anyhow again gentlemen thanks seeing and posting your replies to my question! Love it!
Attached Images  

Last edited by rhk118; 07-14-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:47 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 235 Posts

Not an RS6 Avant, but close, instead with 7 seats, can pull 7700lbs and also does 0-60 in 3.7 secs in this SQ7. When shifting with paddles, this beast wants to be driven hard. It's a solid BANG in between gears. Fully automatic its smooth and quick. Not bad for a grocery getter and sounds fantastic. Fresh pic with new wheels.

Name:  5t7raFq.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  1.05 MB

Last edited by GeoJoe; 07-14-2021 at 09:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rhk118 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 10:19 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by rhk118
Thanks so much guys. Have had a manual F80 for 6 years and love the thing, its just getting a bit small as the kids are getting bigger (and more stuff) and has been a great car with zero issues. Also live in the Northeast and have winter tires for it but don't drive it in snow/salt/major winter weather to preserve it (take the truck instead). So looking for something sporty, non-suv or truck, and preferably AWD so can just drive it year round. RS6 Avant passed me on the highway last week and WOW....have seen a lot of them on here and hadn't considered it, now like the 992 GT3 would be lucky to be able to get one - you either get a dealer who plays games or you don't, as is life these days. I have driven M2, M3, M4, M5, M8 on track and completely get the weight you are referring to - these cars go but they don't slow down like an M2 will, and thats fine, so I imagine the mass you are referring to is similar to M2/M3 vs M5 into a corner, thanks for at least confirming that it feels smaller when using the go pedal! The RS6 looks amazing, has the extra space, V8 is a HUGE plus for me, and AWD so should get on in bad New England weather just fine.

However to soulsea's points I'm not going to play soul-sucking allocation games with a dealer over one. I know these guys have no cars to sell and that sucks, but don't play with me like a ball of yarn out of sheer boredom (I know some are trying to just survive this). Soulsea -- Congrats! The CT5-V Blackwing will be nuts and that will scratch the itch you have quite well--interestingly the Cadillac dealer near me took my deposit for an allocation on "opening day" and then proceeded to play games, hint at ADM, promise then take back so I told them to take a hike. I'm quite good on manual RWD cars at the moment and the GT3 for sure is my absolute zen place. So the M3 is sitting in this nice weather. Time for something different. But soulsea you will love the caddie...hopefully the rumor of another V-wagon pans out!

Open to suggestions for a 365 / long road trips daily: RS6 Avant looks, sounds, and seems to perform great (thanks for the input), M5cs will be unobtanium, RR Sport SVR?....anyone with other ideas that isn't a full size truck or SUV?

Going to visit an RS6 Avant at my local dealer tomorrow, it came in today, they are making an exception to their rule and letting me take a look before it gets delivered...anyhow again gentlemen thanks seeing and posting your replies to my question! Love it!
Go on Audizine. People/dealers post there from time to time. Tell people what you want and you'll get help. Not really hard to get an allocation at msrp imho

Last edited by tasman; 07-14-2021 at 10:20 PM.
rhk118 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 10:24 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

The size I feel is really in braking the most. As I said the suspension, 4-wheel steering, power, and overall engineering hides the size of the vehicle. I moved from the F80 to RS6 because I had to have one... But, the F80 was too small for my needs with a family, etc. I was on Audizine and saw how people were getting yanked around. I was lucky enough to get one at MSRP because I know the guy who orders the cars for Audi in my area. (Skipped the line and the typical dealer BS). I'd never pay over MSRP and I think you can get them much easier now. That said, last year when these were being ordered for the US initially those that had orders in were left in the dark by Audi N.A. Lack of communication, uncertainty if/when they'd come in, dates moved out, (corona related); orders/promises that dealers were placing and actually not true orders, etc... So I too was confused and a bit frustrated.. At this point, it shouldn't be hard to get one as I had my contact get me another allocation 3 weeks ago and I had one ordered for my Dad who lives in OH (I'm in GA). And he did a special color. It'll be delivered in January.

I'm putting the MTM Pigtail on mine (will not void warranty) and a couple of other bolt-ons to improve the exhaust note. I'll be 740HP for under $3k

Cool video about the car.. Start at the 5min mark for the engineering

Last edited by 007DT; 07-15-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: video
rhk118 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 11:41 AM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 570 Likes on 255 Posts

Ordered my 2022 RS6 a few weeks ago with a week 32 build, so should be here in late September. Selected the carbon-ceramic brakes, to hopefully help with fighting the mass.

This car is replacing my 2016 A7 and '89 Land Cruiser, so net win for garage space without giving up any functionality (Land Cruiser mostly for hauling basset hounds and bulky items)

In 2022, you can select the DRC suspension, which is the fixed height sport suspension. This was available in Europe last year, but wasn't available until MY22 in the US.

I was tempted to get the DRC to stiffen it up, but ultimately decided to stay with the standard air suspension as it'll be mostly used as an around town car and roadtrip/interstate car.

I would think it should be fairly easy to get one as MSRP at this point as well if you call around a bit.
The following 2 users liked this post by atlrvr:
007DT (07-15-2021), rhk118 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 02:10 PM
rhk118
Pro

putting the MTM Pigtail on mine (will not void warranty) and a couple of other bolt-ons to improve the exhaust note. I'll be 740HP for under $3k
Had you ordered the sport exhaust? Not loud enough inside?
Old 07-15-2021, 02:38 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes I did.

No it is not loud enough... It needs to sound more like the car performs.. As others noted, the exhaust note is probably one of the CONS on the car
Old 07-15-2021, 04:37 PM
rhk118
Pro

Yes I did.

No it is not loud enough... It needs to sound more like the car performs.. As others noted, the exhaust note is probably one of the CONS on the car
Good to know. Just got back from local dealer. Great looking car. They expecting delivery in summer 2022 at this point if ordered today and allocations "drying up". 5K ADM. Was 20K, told me in Boston they "still getting" 20-30K ADM. LOL...

EDIT: 1st phone call to next closest dealer MSRP orders available...Done.

Last edited by rhk118; 07-16-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:53 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Bought a vacation house in Punta Mita (near Puerto Vallarta) and equipped it with literally the most boring car ever. But it checks the boxes: Reliable SUV seats 7, AWD to make it to remote surf spots, and under-the-radar so nobody notices it.
Attached Images  
heshalosny (07-21-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 07:30 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,387 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Lightning Blue Second Gen 2 Ford Raptor. Use the bed frequently for hauling and plan on towing cars (possibly a boat) with it once I get a trailer or two. The trucks size can be a little challenging at times particularly when parking, but I am in love with this truck.

rhk118 (07-16-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 11:09 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 112 Posts

Great car. I’m adding Akrapovic exhaust to mine, should be here in a couple weeks. I have the factory sport exhaust but want a bit more sound
The following 3 users liked this post by NSD991:
fijibubba (07-23-2021), heshalosny (07-21-2021), rhk118 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 06:45 PM
TheDapperDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 33 Posts

My 991 GT3 was my daily for 5 years, last year I added an f80 m3 as my daily and modded it. Heres a photo:

fijibubba (07-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Picture of your daily driver?