Sponsored by:

Market Glut....GT3 and gt3rs ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
It is going to be hilarious when this bull market ends and the economy takes a dip.
Somehow I think your definition of hilarious and mine are a bit different.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:45 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Somehow I think your definition of hilarious and mine are a bit different.
It is going to be hilarious when this bull market ends and the economy takes a dip.
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Yeah, I'm glad u r a Dr and not a comedian.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:18 AM
dave w
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon9898
(and I bought a AMG GT S due to the 991.1lack of supply/ GT3 markups)
id rather pay markup on a GT3 than depreciation on an AMG anyway.....
Old 04-14-2017, 01:40 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Yeah, I'm glad u r a Dr and not a comedian.
No one enjoys my sarcasm
Old 04-14-2017, 01:59 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

As a dealer I can say that inventory is a double edged sword.

I had a guy drop of his 2011 Turbo coupe for service and came upstairs to see my inventory. I introduced myself as the new owner and he tried to big league me and say that last time he was in the market (2011) he came in, asked to see a turbo, they didn't have one, and when they offered to build one for him, he said no screw it I will drive to LA to buy one.

"Looks like you have way better inventory now so maybe you will have one in stock when I feel like buying again"

I said "well sir here is my card, if you want to support a local business I'd love to earn it"

"No that's cool if I want a car I will stop by, if you don't have it I'll just buy one from LA again"

Ok gotcha
Old 04-14-2017, 02:02 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

So, I will ALWAYS have a few GT3's or RS's in stock. Various color and mileage. I can't predict unpredictable people like that but apparently the "black exterior black interior Turbo" buyer is a shoot from the hip have to have it now guy. So I will have to keep one here. JIC.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:10 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
So, I will ALWAYS have a few GT3's or RS's in stock. Various color and mileage. I can't predict unpredictable people like that but apparently the "black exterior black interior Turbo" buyer is a shoot from the hip have to have it now guy. So I will have to keep one here. JIC.
Guy sounds like a bag of hot and a snob.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:26 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy drop of his 2011 Turbo coupe for service and came upstairs to see my inventory. I introduced myself as the new owner and he tried to big league me and say that last time he was in the market (2011) he came in, asked to see a turbo, they didn't have one, and when they offered to build one for him, he said no screw it I will drive to LA to buy one.

"Looks like you have way better inventory now so maybe you will have one in stock when I feel like buying again"

I said "well sir here is my card, if you want to support a local business I'd love to earn it"

"No that's cool if I want a car I will stop by, if you don't have it I'll just buy one from LA again"

Ok gotcha

Yea..... going to run into these kinds of people once in awhile. Takes months or years to decide if they want one, one day they wake up and decide they want one.... and then they need it NOW, RIGHT NOW.

C'mon support local business. Your best chance is try to get a dealer trade for him. Tell him not to bother wasting time driving down since you can see everyone's inventory in LA.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:30 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

Yup, I'm in that mode now. I realize in the long run that's how you get the car you want. So I'm just trying to stick with one dealer that I do my service with and buy my p-cars from them. Problem is they are a small dealer and don't get many spots but this chasing cars around the country has gotten old and with mclaren on the rise it's just not worth all of this drama to stay with porsche. If I get a gt3 slot great, if not I'll buy a mclaren (or a used Ferrari)
Old 04-14-2017, 02:42 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Ok gotcha
Lol. A real baller...
Old 04-14-2017, 02:54 AM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a guy drop of his 2011 Turbo coupe for service and came upstairs to see my inventory. I introduced myself as the new owner and he tried to big league me
Irony.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Why I could never own a dealership. I would make sure that I never had what tools like that were looking for, even if I had exactly what they were looking for.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:25 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Why I could never own a dealership. I would make sure that I never had what tools like that were looking for, even if I had exactly what they were looking for.
wingnut , no tools needed , just spin off and toss . JIC
Old 04-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by laranja
Irony.
lol ....I see what you did there

Quick Reply: Market Glut....GT3 and gt3rs ?