Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:51 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Agreed. Duck tail gt3 w manual has my interest for summer daily driver.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Kids are still mad at me after the last purchase. I'd option back seats if still available as manual.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:49 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

don t get how ppl like to risk their kids life

much better a safer place like a panny or cayenne
Old 03-12-2017, 05:21 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

^^^We'd all likely be safer driving around in tanks, kids or not. Personally bought a full-sized RR in large part because it feels like a vault to transport kiddos around on a regular basis. However, when my kids (ages 8 and 9) ride in back of my 991 GTS for the occassional joy ride... I certainly do not feel as though I'm risking their lives. Feels quite safe actually, and the seat belts fit them just about perfectly, not too high, as though they were designed to fit children.

However unlikely a GT3 "touring" edition.... sign me up. Although I have nothing against the wing, the back seats would be a welcome addition to help fill rear void. Don't believe they weigh too much either. (Ex-wing I think Porsche would have to re-work those large rear air intakes. Wing helps hide them now.)

I will have quite the dilemma on my hands if I'm ever lucky enough to be allocated a .2 GT3 at MSRP though...

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 03-12-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:04 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

I don't let them drive with me in the GT3s BUT I am very considerate and if the back had seats then the cushions would make them more comfortable while I trap them behind seats until they agree to clean my back windows.....little buggers are only ones that fit the small space.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:28 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I don't let them drive with me in the GT3s BUT I am very considerate and if the back had seats then the cushions would make them more comfortable while I trap them behind seats until they agree to clean my back windows.....little buggers are only ones that fit the small space.
I guess I'm considered a little bugger b/c I can fit in the back.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:40 PM
autobahnA8
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by autobahnA8; 02-20-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:47 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I guess I'm considered a little bugger b/c I can fit in the back.
Well come over anytime.....however no getting out of back until all streaks gone!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

You're missing the point, it would be nice to have rear seats to take the family on a nice drive somewhere on a late afternoon weekend. After you're all done.

How is that risking their lives? It's within your control how you drive with them in the car.

They think the Cayenne is comfortable, can't take both of them in the Spyder, and they liked the 911 better.

I still remember getting to drive in a friend's dad's 911 as a kid - the sound, the straight line acceleration, how cool it was in the back like a cocoon.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,159 Likes on 573 Posts

Rear seats would be so cool for occasional kid rides and have absolutely no negatives - no meaningful extra weight or space taken.

On the other hand, what's the reason to get rid of the wing? I have not seen any drawbacks to it. This wing-consciousness reminds me of a guy I knew who thought that if he wore anything that was not white, black or perfectly gray, people would judge. The truth is that it almost universally looks better with colors/wing, almost no one notices it, out of those who notice most like it, and that uptight >1% who notice it and judge you for it hate themselves more than they hate the wing/colors anyway. Enjoy having a car with some soul and character.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:21 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

I've already added the touring package to my order -- it's listed as "Bose" in the configurator.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
You're missing the point, it would be nice to have rear seats to take the family on a nice drive somewhere on a late afternoon weekend. After you're all done.

How is that risking their lives? It's within your control how you drive with them in the car.
Exactly. My weekend car also happens to be my weekday car. I just want to be able to take my kids in it every now and then rather than having to take the SUV every time its more than just me.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:57 AM
CC911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bardman
Exactly. My weekend car also happens to be my weekday car. I just want to be able to take my kids in it every now and then rather than having to take the SUV every time its more than just me.
Fully understand, it would significantly increase the occasions you could drive the car
Old 03-13-2017, 08:23 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

So is this car edition is happening for real?
Old 03-13-2017, 08:42 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm sorry guys but it says nothing about rear seats, it just posts what clubsport means for the car. Nothing inclines there will be backseat.
Someone here said its better to go safe in a macan or something with children, this thing is for tracking and inspired driving. If im wrong please correct me!
Touring package is in europe no new term for the gt3, it has always meant sofas without cage. Different story in us where as i understand you can't have cage from factory. Sorry if i ruined you guys hope.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option