Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 02:07 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
You should just stop with these types of postings...

37 Manufacturer Communications for 2018 PORSCHE 911 GT3

FILTER MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATIONS BY AFFECTED COMPONENTS

All (37)AIR BAGS (3)BACK OVER PREVENTION (2)ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (5)ENGINE (2)ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING (4)EQUIPMENT (7)EQUIPMENT ADAPTIVE (1)FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE (3)POWER TRAIN (1)SERVICE BRAKES (1)SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC (1)STRUCTURE (5)SUSPENSION (1)VISIBILITY (3)WHEELS (5)
How many cars does PAG manufacture in a year? Sure, they have their share of duds and issues but perception is still that Porsches are reliable and PAG will resolve the warranty problem quickly.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:15 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,262 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

You want me to conclude his saga was a lye? Maybe Murray’s saga was fiction too? I doubt either is fictional. If you have evidence to the contrary let’s hear it.

To to the contrary I love Macs. I would love to see their products sell and compete. Competition is good for the consumer. Would love to see Mac resale values improve and stories like the one in the vid fade away and become the perceived exception. Macs handling of that situation was not a step the right direction imho.

no I want you to conclude that he had problems with his car and the problems were rectified by Mclaren. That’s all we know. We don’t know what happened beyond that.

the other conclusion is that you think Mclaren reliability sucks.

anything else to add? If not, just drop it and move on. We get your concerns.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

no I want you to conclude that he had problems with his car and the problems were rectified by Mclaren. That’s all we know. We don’t know what happened beyond that.

the other conclusion is that you think Mclaren reliability sucks.

anything else to add? If not, just drop it and move on. We get your concerns.
No I don’t thonk Mac reliability sucks. I never owned a Mac.

But yes ive made my concerns clear. I think anyway.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:28 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

How many cars does PAG manufacture in a year? Sure, they have their share of duds and issues but perception is still that Porsches are reliable and PAG will resolve the warranty problem quickly.

I don't even know why you post these types of things... You are not a buyer so why do you even care or even post these things. People who own $300K + cars own multiple cars and marques. They just don't sit on car forums and battle it out with people who have agendas. The perceptions people have fit an already pre-conceived narrative that they want to keep posting about.

The manufacture communications is usually one part and then it says which car is affected by that part.

Here is Ferrari recall info posted a month ago.
Fuel Vapor Separator may Crack and Leak Fuel A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may increase the risk of fire.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V090000

Manufacturer Ferrari North America, Inc.

Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

Potential Number of Units Affected 2,150
Summary

Ferrari North America, Inc. (Ferrari) is recalling certain 2017 LaFerrari Aperta, 2018-2019 488 GTB, GTC4Lusso T, GTC4Lusso, 488 Spider, 812 Superfast, and 2019 488 Pista vehicles. The fuel vapor separator may crack and allow fuel to leak.
Remedy

Ferrari will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel vapor separator, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 14, 2019. Owners may contact Ferrari customer service at 1-201-816-2668. Ferrari's number for this recall is 69.
Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Request Research (Services fees apply)
Old 03-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

People who own $300K + cars own multiple cars and marques. They just don't sit on car forums and battle it out with people who have agendas.

This x 1000
Old 03-24-2019, 03:24 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 194 Posts

Some people get really butthurt over any comment about McLaren and build quality or reliability concerns. It doesn't change anything though. The facts are that the perception is that McLaren has some growing issues. Perception is everything and all of these stories feed that perception. I'll be a Mac buyer someday, but there are a few things keeping me on the fence. The number one being that everyone I know that has owned a Mac has had problems with it. And while McLaren may eventually resolve the issue, it's not without some difficulty and delay. I'm all for McLaren success and I hope they continue to improve. Like many have said, the performance of the cars is next level when they are working right.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:47 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by ranger22
Some people get really butthurt over any comment about McLaren and build quality or reliability concerns. It doesn't change anything though. The facts are that the perception is that McLaren has some growing issues. Perception is everything and all of these stories feed that perception. I'll be a Mac buyer someday, but there are a few things keeping me on the fence. The number one being that everyone I know that has owned a Mac has had problems with it. And while McLaren may eventually resolve the issue, it's not without some difficulty and delay. I'm all for McLaren success and I hope they continue to improve. Like many have said, the performance of the cars is next level when they are working right.
Once again. People who own $300K plus cars usually own multiple marques.

Keyboard warriors: I know someone who knows someone:

Semi-facts: McLaren has produced over 17,000 cars with I'd say on average those cars have had maybe two owners. That's probably about 30K owners. How many of them do you know? and how many of those McLaren owners have bought another car after their first one?

Public data (NHTSA.gov) shows that Porsche is the least reliable and the most recalls/manufacture communications amongst lambo/Ferrari/McLaren.

2,150 Ferrari owners are currently at risk of a fire in their cars...

Porsche 918 (Halo car of Porsche) owners have had six recalls...[h1=left]6 Recallsfor 2015 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER[/h1]
FILTER Recalls BY AFFECTED COMPONENTS
All (6)ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING (1)SEAT BELTS (1)SUSPENSION (4)
Old 03-24-2019, 04:03 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Once again. People who own $300K plus cars usually own multiple marques.

Keyboard warriors: I know someone who knows someone:

Semi-facts: McLaren has produced over 17,000 cars with I'd say on average those cars have had maybe two owners. That's probably about 30K owners. How many of them do you know? and how many of those McLaren owners have bought another car after their first one?

Public data (NHTSA.gov) shows that Porsche is the least reliable and the most recalls/manufacture communications amongst lambo/Ferrari/McLaren.

2,150 Ferrari owners are currently at risk of a fire in their cars...

Porsche 918 (Halo car of Porsche) owners have had six recalls...

6 Recallsfor 2015 PORSCHE 918 SPYDER

FILTER Recalls BY AFFECTED COMPONENTS
All (6)ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING (1)SEAT BELTS (1)SUSPENSION (4)
Stress Corrosion Cracking of Control Arm Shafts If the control arm connecting shafts crack, affecting vehicle handling, it can increase the risk of a crash.Front Lower Control Arms may Crack A cracked lower control arm may affect vehicle handling, increasing the risk of a crash.Seat Belt Mounting Screws may Fail In the event of a crash, the incorrect bolts may not keep the seat belts properly anchored to the car, increasing the risk of injury to the seat occupants.Wiring Harness for Cooling Fan may Short If the harness contacts the insulation plate, the harness may chafe and result in an electrical short which could increase the risk of a fire.Front Lower Control Arms may Fracture The fracture of a lower control arm while the vehicle is being drivem increases the risk of a crash.
You mean key board warriors like you and I? Lol.

I have no “agenda”. Pointing to reality. How do you know I’m not a “buyer” if things were different as to Mac? You don’t.

I really like the 600LT. Very simply stories like the video we are talking about have me balking.

Rangers comments are spot on imho. It would be great if Mac acquired the reputation for reliability, residual value and quality of Porsches. This way we could tell Porsche dealers to stuff it when they play there games and just stroll next door to McClaren and drive a car off the lot at msrp and trade back without losing your stones and pillar at the same time.

Yup. That would be nice.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:21 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 194 Posts

So Porsche stands behind their product and issues recalls and McLaren doesn't. Thanks for backing up the point.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:24 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

how do you know they didn’t respond in a timely manner? Oh because some guy made a video on the internet. That must be it.

Ill echo others sentimebts. It’s obvious you don’t like the cars so why continue to post on this thread?
I don't really know if you are for real or just taking a ****.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:50 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RennOracle
I don't really know if you are for real or just taking a ****.
another angry person on rennlist. What a surprise.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Took my LT out today yet again. Flat out so beyond any fun I've had with any recent GT car, I affirmatively don't need another new one ever again. I'm still flat out shocked the thing is even road legal, it,s that ballistically crazy. Holy F. Never smiled as much in a modern car in my life. As far as I'm concerned about, best new age automotive purchase EVER, which in the end is all that really matters haha.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:45 PM
737Drvr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Took my LT out today yet again. Flat out so beyond any fun I've had with any recent GT car, I affirmatively don't need another new one ever again. I'm still flat out shocked the thing is even road legal, it,s that ballistically crazy. Holy F. Never smiled as much in a modern car in my life. As far as I'm concerned about, best new age automotive purchase EVER, which in the end is all that really matters haha.
To keep the positive vibe going, they are incredible! Great balance of power and handling. Car just intuitively knows where you want go. It's a riot. Mac knocked this one out of the park.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Gary(SF)
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

The number one being that everyone I know that has owned a Mac has had problems with it.
And everyone I know who owns a McLaren (I know about a dozen) loves it and has not had any, repeat any, serious issues. To emphasize, I do not know a single person in my McLaren group that is unsatisfied with the car, in fact quite the opposite.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:31 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

So Porsche stands behind their product and issues recalls and McLaren doesn't. Thanks for backing up the point.
Best come back I've ever seen. LOL.

A very serious question; If a manufacture says that we are going to give an additional $5,000 off your new car purchase but there will be no warranty... who/if anyone is going to go for that deal with any car manufacture?

Quick Reply: McLaren Success