Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

 
Old 10-17-2016, 05:10 PM
  #496  
sirtom
User
 
sirtom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany / USA
Posts: 136
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Nizer - Thank you for sharing the videos. GT2 RS doesn't sound great or terrible in the video - sounds OK. GT3/RS sounds far better of course. But I'm sure the 2RS will be fast to a new level. Listening to the combination of the PDK shifting with a monster turbo engine and amazing grip... this car will be crazy! I still will prefer the NA car unless it *really* doesn't feel like a turbo - finally. But every new car that claims turbo lag is nearly eliminated feels nothing in the world like a N/A machine to me, so I don't believe it's possible with any current technology to make the 2RS as good as the 3/RS.
sirtom is online now  
Old 10-17-2016, 11:01 PM
  #497  
bronson7
Super User
 
bronson7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,843
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

^^^Let's just wait and see.
bronson7 is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 09:30 PM
  #498  
porscheflat6
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
porscheflat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: In my Garage
Posts: 1,852
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

new video October 16th

porscheflat6 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 04:41 AM
  #499  
997rs4.0
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
997rs4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,370
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I would have loved to see bolt on fenders similar to 993gt2!

Still like everything about it except the sound! Need to do something about that after it arrives.
997rs4.0 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 09:02 AM
  #500  
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beta Testing
Posts: 10,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sirtom View Post
Nizer - Thank you for sharing the videos. GT2 RS doesn't sound great or terrible in the video - sounds OK. GT3/RS sounds far better of course. But I'm sure the 2RS will be fast to a new level. Listening to the combination of the PDK shifting with a monster turbo engine and amazing grip... this car will be crazy! I still will prefer the NA car unless it *really* doesn't feel like a turbo - finally. But every new car that claims turbo lag is nearly eliminated feels nothing in the world like a N/A machine to me, so I don't believe it's possible with any current technology to make the 2RS as good as the 3/RS.
Well, having driven a 675 LT and ridden in a 488GTB I'm less biased against turbos than I used to be. Would I still prefer NA. Yes? Will it keep me from buying a turbo in the future. Unlikely. But it's all down to execution. 675LT and 488GTB represent getting it right IMO - sound amazing, linear power delivery that gets mighty close to NA, no turbo lag that matters to a real driver, and stupid fast. BMW M-series (can't speak to GTS) on the other hand are getting it wrong; crap sound, poor linearity, and lacking emotion.

As for GT2 RS, we know it'll be fast but sound is not encouraging. Let's hope that they get the linearity and engagement part right. I'm still of the view that 991 won't deviate much from traditional playbook and that the 992 will be the real leap forward.

Originally Posted by porscheflat6 View Post
new video October 16th

See post #408. Lots of sites out there rehashing old videos.
Nizer is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:07 AM
  #501  
997rs4.0
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
997rs4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,370
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nizer View Post
Well, having driven a 675 LT and ridden in a 488GTB I'm less biased against turbos than I used to be. Would I still prefer NA. Yes? Will it keep me from buying a turbo in the future. Unlikely. But it's all down to execution. 675LT and 488GTB represent getting it right IMO - sound amazing, linear power delivery that gets mighty close to NA, no turbo lag that matters to a real driver, and stupid fast. BMW M-series (can't speak to GTS) on the other hand are getting it wrong; crap sound, poor linearity, and lacking emotion.

As for GT2 RS, we know it'll be fast but sound is not encouraging. Let's hope that they get the linearity and engagement part right. I'm still of the view that 991 won't deviate much from traditional playbook and that the 992 will be the real leap forward.
Agree^

I was very surprised with the driving experience of the 991turbo s, Mclaren 575 and even when I drove the 991.2 the other week.
I like them all. Would I buy one? Probably not.
Just something about the 991gt2rs that makes me qurious. The combination of all that power hooked up to the PDK and big aero must be good.
Can't stand the artificial popping and fake backfire sound that most manufacturers add on turbos. BMW is a joke. So is the sound in sport mode of the 991.2!
Sound is IMO very important to the total experience of a sports car.
997rs4.0 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM
  #502  
sccchiii
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sccchiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Almost home
Posts: 1,671
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0 View Post
Can't stand the artificial popping and fake backfire sound that most manufacturers add on turbos.
Speak for yourself lol....I want my turbo as angry and ludicrous as it can be! I hope it shows its displeasure in making so much HP by as much popping, hissing, vacuum noises as possible. Of course it wouldn't be complete if people aren't calling the fire department when I go by with flames throwing out of my tail pipes because they think I'm on fire!!!!!! In my dream world Porsche forgets the Feds and makes the bastard as loud as possible with straight pipes.
sccchiii is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 11:34 AM
  #503  
jo_ker
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jo_ker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Germany/Austria
Posts: 1,609
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

thx for posting.


no screaming just brutal ! propulsion.
as said above - also i would prefer it the other way around. (was the reason why i sold the M4GTS)
jo_ker is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 12:59 PM
  #504  
greens
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Woodlands Texas
Posts: 390
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tcsracing1 View Post
GT2RS is going to be bonkers fast!

greens is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 01:17 PM
  #505  
997rs4.0
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
997rs4.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,370
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sccchiii View Post
Speak for yourself lol....I want my turbo as angry and ludicrous as it can be! I hope it shows its displeasure in making so much HP by as much popping, hissing, vacuum noises as possible. Of course it wouldn't be complete if people aren't calling the fire department when I go by with flames throwing out of my tail pipes because they think I'm on fire!!!!!! In my dream world Porsche forgets the Feds and makes the bastard as loud as possible with straight pipes.
Don't get me wrong. I love flame throwing cars that backfire. Just can't stand computerized exhaust sound like the newer cars. The new 991.2 is completely quiet in normal mode and then it plays the same burble and popping melody on throttle lift in sport mode.
997rs4.0 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 03:54 PM
  #506  
CAlexio
Super User
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,314
Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Don't get me wrong. I love flame throwing cars that backfire. Just can't stand computerized exhaust sound like the newer cars. The new 991.2 is completely quiet in normal mode and then it plays the same burble and popping melody on throttle lift in sport mode.
I hate that in my car.. it's like a recording of the same sound each time I just breath off the accelerator hope it doesn't happen on 992.2 Gt3
CAlexio is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:28 PM
  #507  
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
TRAKCAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 27,205
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Just got a basic 2014 basic E63 MB.
It's crazy fast, man in 3rd gear today gave it a lot of throttle backed off a bit, floored it again and its stupid fast with 535TQ. This is before a mild Renntech tune but I can't imagine needing more.

The sound is so fun lazy rumble to cracking noises at up and down shifts.

This car is useless on track I'm sure but that sound I prefer over the RS.. but than I'm a sucker for V 8-10-12 engines..

It's maybe no battery on the track but it will be bulky fast and with the right exhaust (none) very amusing to drive on the road.
TRAKCAR is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 PM
  #508  
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Phil@Fabspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fort Washington, Pa
Posts: 4,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0 View Post
I would have loved to see bolt on fenders similar to 993gt2!

Still like everything about it except the sound! Need to do something about that after it arrives.
I may just be able to help with that
__________________
Phillip Janssen
Porsche Performance Specialist
[email protected]
267-742-3045

Fabspeed Motorsport USA
155 Commerce Drive Fort Washington, PA 19034
www.Fabspeed.com

Ultimate quality T304L Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems, Carbon Fiber Air Intakes and ECU Tuning for Exotic Cars
Phil@Fabspeed is offline  
Old 10-24-2016, 11:11 PM
  #509  
GT3RS-Fan1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3RS-Fan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

A short clip of the latest GT2RS having the GT3RS body but with a twin turbo engine. The new "Widow Maker."

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/201...bles-like.html

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
GT3RS-Fan1 is offline  
Old 10-25-2016, 03:54 AM
  #510  
Kobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,428
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

^Nice find
Kobalt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: