991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 03:21 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Thanks- They look great.

Can you confirm that they have a Clear coat also placed after they were Powder-coated
Yes, they have a 'Gloss Clear' on them. Thanks! (You can select 'Satin Clear' as well, if you so chose).

Best Regards,

Dave

Last edited by SCCAForums; 01-17-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I heard the same from a pretty reliable source.

I have heard the same about PTS Weissach. My guess and partially confirmed is that because of the paint scheme on the Bonnet and Roof, those areas would require a hand painting and become a bottleneck. The Non-Weissach have an unfinished bonnet and the rest of the tub can go through he normal spray process. This is NOT confirmed but agreed by several within the ranks but certainly makes sense.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
I have heard the same about PTS Weissach. My guess and partially confirmed is that because of the paint scheme on the Bonnet and Roof, those areas would require a hand painting and become a bottleneck. The Non-Weissach have an unfinished bonnet and the rest of the tub can go through he normal spray process. This is NOT confirmed but agreed by several within the ranks but certainly makes sense.
Confirmed the above today for a client....
Old 01-17-2018, 04:48 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello ! I hear the same ! But it means that they will not take more WP + PTS or they will cancel order did 2 month ago WP + PTS ?
I don t think they can cancel an order whereas she has been comfirmed ..?
Old 01-17-2018, 04:59 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by frangt2rs
hello ! I hear the same ! But it means that they will not take more WP + PTS or they will cancel order did 2 month ago WP + PTS ?
I don t think they can cancel an order whereas she has been comfirmed ..?
Those will be the hand-painted few WP+PTS that squeezed through, going for >$1million in the open market.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:08 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by hf1
Those will be the hand-painted few WP+PTS that squeezed through, going for >$1million in the open market.
1 million ?? If you say the truth mine will be 1 million 😂 But mine will not be for sale ! I will drive it !
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Starting to hear it's PTS only available with NON WEISSACH...one or the other...then I heard that all Weisach is closed...anyone know whats up???? Going to spec my car tomorrow and need to figure this out. HELP!
Originally Posted by CHADW
No PTS available with Weissach package. There are going to be A LOT of black Weissachs.
I can confirm that PTS WITH Weissach is available in Canada. My May production (PTS and Weissach), just got locked and approved by Porsche. I do have a 6 week delay over the non PTS cars though.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:33 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

There is so much cool stuff we don't get here in the U.S. No Weissach would be a deal-breaker for me.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:00 PM
schein609
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

looks good in black

Old 01-17-2018, 09:52 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by schein609
looks good in black
Wow it sure does thanks for posting. The car in the light reveals that you can see the carbon fiber as opposed it being totally lost in the black exterior.
Gold rims of the WP would look amazing.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:43 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
Would they allow you to drive if you put an extra safety film on the windows to avoid the glass all over the track if you crash ? Do they force you to use the net then when you drive with driver window open ?
We don’t use window nets ...on street cars. I doubt they let you drive windows up with glass safety film.

Some say wimdows down for point buys however Chin Motorsports or Now they are called Chin Track Days allows us to use blinkers for Point by’s so we could easily run windows up and use blinkers.

They allow wimdows up in up in the rain...but in the dry wimdows half to be down. Makes zero sense to me....plus again air bags are designed to function there best with windows up.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:41 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrums

We don’t use window nets ...on street cars. I doubt they let you drive windows up with glass safety film.

Some say wimdows down for point buys however Chin Motorsports or Now they are called Chin Track Days allows us to use blinkers for Point by’s so we could easily run windows up and use blinkers.

They allow wimdows up in up in the rain...but in the dry wimdows half to be down. Makes zero sense to me....plus again air bags are designed to function there best with windows up.
That's stupid and dangerous, i guess they dont really care if you lose the part of your body that might cross the window in case the cars is rolling over. Im competing in multiple amateur championship here and FIA force us to have films on every glass part and if we want to race window open to have a net. I dont like to race window open the noise from other car are alterating my proper gear shifting (still have the shifting light... but you know...missed some gear change sometimes and found it to be a good reason
Old 01-18-2018, 04:03 AM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vetsky
I can confirm that PTS WITH Weissach is available in Canada. My May production (PTS and Weissach), just got locked and approved by Porsche. I do have a 6 week delay over the non PTS cars though.
Ok but when did you locked your order ? Because in US and Europe it was possible to take PTS + WP from 23 / 11 / 2017 to 23 / 12 / 2017 but since the 23 decembre it s imposible... So if you closed your order before the 23 decembre it s normal that you could take PTS + WP.

Last edited by frangt2rs; 01-18-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:16 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Could you order WP and PTS and CXX request the roof and frunk lid in plain carbon fiber?
Old 01-18-2018, 05:12 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Could you order WP and PTS and CXX request the roof and frunk lid in plain carbon fiber?
I tried that (without the PTS) and was told no, even on standard colors you only get WP complete with the stripes.
Reason given was that CXX is post-production and paint is production.
Told slight possibility they might allow you to swap hood, but would always leave roof stripes. Left it at that.

I guess that might change if it's a workaround, but seemed very unlikely before.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS