Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setup numbers RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 04:43 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Trakcar advertises springs for sale recently IIRC before going to KW setup. You might PM him.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^ I still have the springs but I think I have a buyer for them, just owe him some more info.

In the meantime, 32,000 mile photo's from service filter (Last replaced 22,000) and spark plugs (Last replaced at 26,000):
I'd say it was time again all right, maybe I could have gotten that 1:29x at Road Atlanta Sunday after all hehehe...

Old 02-15-2019, 02:21 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
TRAKCAR and others, attaching a slightly updated version of the doc posted earlier. This was updated by Porsche July 5th, although I don't see much difference to the original, maybe just the spacers for the rear springs?

When my car gets back to the States, I am going to get a baseline alignment done and see if I can track down the magic 13-page Porsche doc.

Does anyone have the same document for the new 991.2 GT3RS?
Old 02-15-2019, 08:08 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

+1

anyone have setup numbers for a stock car that is used at the Nürburgring?
Old 02-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1

anyone have setup numbers for a stock car that is used at the Nürburgring?

am dropping my car at Manthey in three weeks. Happy to ask. My 991.1RS will be set up for GP style tracks, but am sure they will take me through the options for Ring too.

Though they pushed hard for me to get the KW suspension, I want to stick with the standard suspension for now because I do use it on the road sometimes and like the lift. Also find the standard suspension is very good but what to go more extreme on camber and rake. Surprisingly they say their cars always run the suspension in soft setting to increase mechanical grip. Will try that on my next outing as I already find the car leans a bit too much in hard mode. Also fitting rear Diffusor.

if just the cording on outside rear is addressed I am more than happy tbh.

Last edited by Mika911; 02-17-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Thanks,

I think stiffer springs are needed on the .1RS.
Better KW shocks are better but I think not needed for .2RS and you really have to know how to tune them.

I’m looking for .2RS setup. Ive Driven both back to back enough to know its going to be very different.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I wish I could find some set up direction for my .2 GT3.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Mika911
Racer

Apologies, if it has been addressed higher up, but the search did not help me. Manthey are pushing to fit their braided brake liners and their Pagid pads.

Brake lines are a grey zone for warranty but my garage will accept. Never had issues with overheating fluids in 991 though, so are they generally recommended?

Currently using Dixcel pads and quite happy with them. Price of Manthey pads similar, though not sure if they have equal longevity. Really keen on some input on those too. Both are small amount items, but don’t want to change things unless there’s a clear benefit.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Still have the springs if anyone want to take them.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-adapters.html
Old 03-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Mika911
Racer

Originally Posted by Mika911
Apologies, if it has been addressed higher up, but the search did not help me. Manthey are pushing to fit their braided brake liners and their Pagid pads.

Brake lines are a grey zone for warranty but my garage will accept. Never had issues with overheating fluids in 991 though, so are they generally recommended?

Currently using Dixcel pads and quite happy with them. Price of Manthey pads similar, though not sure if they have equal longevity. Really keen on some input on those too. Both are small amount items, but don’t want to change things unless there’s a clear benefit.
ok all ordered and car going to Manthey in two weeks before a 4- day track bonanza at Ascari and Portimao... so after that I will be able to answer my own questions.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

I am running the Manthey stock suspension setup, brake lines, diffuser and Dundon street headers. My car is with PCCB's and running stock pads.
Just had the car in at Porsche Frankfurt for extended warranty inspection and passed with no problems at all (with stock exhaust and removed diffuser).
Old 03-08-2019, 03:27 AM
Mika911
Racer

Originally Posted by Asco
I am running the Manthey stock suspension setup, brake lines, diffuser and Dundon street headers. My car is with PCCB's and running stock pads.
Just had the car in at Porsche Frankfurt for extended warranty inspection and passed with no problems at all (with stock exhaust and removed diffuser).
Thanks. Really good info.

had not even considered the diffusor might be an issue to be honest.

I have a good relationship with the garage and think they will always be fair. I am just cautious because a friend has had problems due to non standard parts that had nothing with the claim he was making. That being said, there were a number of claims he had previously made which were all honoured and guess they were trying to draw a line.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:49 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

I have a good relationship with the garage and think they will always be fair. I am just cautious because a friend has had problems due to non standard parts that had nothing with the claim he was making. That being said, there were a number of claims he had previously made which were all honoured and guess they were trying to draw a line.
Are Manthey's pads street legal?

Brake lines are an interesting topic. I had braided ones on my 991.1RS but changed to the original ones when I did the Approved warranty thing. I kept the original ones on because I started to think about the non-original ones might not be up to the job in the long run - that they would break. When I realized I was thinking of this I thought it was better not to put the braided ones back on because of piece of mind - I don't want to be worried when driving.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:18 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

The thing with Manthey is if you use their parts and your shop refuses to fix under warranty, you can just send it to Manthey and they will fix under warranty. Thing is, anything that is not from them they will not honor warranty (things like headers and a blown engine, not a blown engine and void warraty because a difusor or pads). Talk to them about warranty worries and they will explain you.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:08 AM
Mika911
Racer

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Are Manthey's pads street legal?

Brake lines are an interesting topic. I had braided ones on my 991.1RS but changed to the original ones when I did the Approved warranty thing. I kept the original ones on because I started to think about the non-original ones might not be up to the job in the long run - that they would break. When I realized I was thinking of this I thought it was better not to put the braided ones back on because of piece of mind - I don't want to be worried when driving.
I presume the pads are legal. Don’t think Manthey would do anything that isn’t. They even insist on geo that avoids too extreme wear on the tyres from driving on the road.

Quick Reply: Setup numbers RS