Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 07:58 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks

I don’t have all the cars still. They are all the Porsches I have ever owned.

As for the 3 empty slots, one is for the Macan GTS I currently have, one for an upcoming GT3, and hopefully one for a 991.2 GT3 RS !
You're going to get a CoA for the Macan? Nice.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:12 PM
heaven_inc
Track Day

Originally Posted by sctanton52
I got a first world problem that I may need some help on over the next while. The wifey and I just put an offer in on this place in Bonaire, It will be a winter home, so we will live there some 5-7 months a year. We were just there this last two weeks on a Windsurfing trip and fell in love with the Island once again. We have been there before. The place/location we put the offer in on is kinda nice, as you can see by the pics. However, it has no f-ing garage. It was designed and built by a European dude in 2014, which I am fully OK with, it is built very well. But WTF you build a place like that and you leave your cars/motorbikes mostly out in the sun?? That stupid canvas cover over the existing car-port would protect diddley-squat. Now I do not plan on having any real ‘fancy’ cars there, the local roads are mostly crap. It will be a small/medium SUV with either an HD 883 Sporty, or more likely a Vespa, or two, GTS/GTV 300 would housed in the garage. We have two options on where to build, one is the pad below the Canvas cover as seen in one of the pics, and the other option is more complex, but doable. If you look at the picture of the place from the water, on the left you see an opening that could house a good sized two car garage, it would need to be cantalivered over the bank. But if you put a window wall opposite the door, your view driving in to the garage would be be 100% of the Carabbean Sea. So I ain’t going for the biggest or fanciest garage here, my RL friends have clearly got me beat on that front. But I may go for the best drive in view.

Existing Car-Port

The Red Box to the left of the house is a second option for a 2 car garage. The pic does not show it well but lots of room to build a 30’ wide x 25’ deep garage that would still be well back from the actual house
Looks amazing! Almost like a render. If you do VRBO it, please PM
Old 05-25-2018, 10:36 AM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Thanks, we are down staying in the house right now. I’m on one of the front decks as I write this, having a ‘conversation’ with a very talkative local bird who has already figured out my breakfast routine and seems to very much like my left over toast bits. The Garage project should get under way in the next two weeks, and take about 3 months to build. Due to lot size constraints and a 2m (just over 6’) setback law it is smaller than I had hoped. So it will end up as a small 2 car, or a nice size for 1 car/SUV and a scoot. It is being built to Miami/Dade Hurricane standards, as is the house. Bonaire has never had a direct hit, it is considered too far south, but I say why take chances. The Garage is going where the existing car-port is located. Right now we are not renting, but we may change our minds as we move along, if we do I would post it on RL.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:37 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

^^ Thanks, we are down staying in the house right now. I’m on one of the front decks as I write this, having a ‘conversation’ with a very talkative local bird who has already figured out my breakfast routine and seems to very much like my left over toast bits. The Garage project should get under way in the next two weeks, and take about 3 months to build. Due to lot size constraints and a 2m (just over 6’) setback law it is smaller than I had hoped. So it will end up as a small 2 car, or a nice size for 1 car/SUV and a scoot. It is being built to Miami/Dade Hurricane standards, as is the house. Bonaire has never had a direct hit, it is considered too far south, but I say why take chances. The Garage is going where the existing car-port is located. Right now we are not renting, but we may change our minds as we move along, if we do I would post it on RL.
I would gladly rent that from you for a week or two with a sizable deposit and leave it perfectly spotless, I promise!
I'm almost more in love with that setup than the garages here.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:58 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Right now we are not renting, but we may change our minds as we move along, if we do I would post it on RL.
Wow. Free stays for now? Very generous.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:36 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by heaven_inc
Looks amazing! Almost like a render. If you do VRBO it, please PM
Bon Aire has salt as well. What are you doing too contain rust?

I have have property in Bahamas and winds would rust a car in one year

Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Cool

I am not importing any ‘nice’ cars to my new Bonaire Garage, those I will keep back ‘home’ in dry Canada. I am just renting an SUV now, and will be buying a new ‘run of the mill’ SUV once the Garage is done. There are some local car dealers that sell the normal Chev/Ford/Toyota etc lines, that is way I wil go. The roads here are also mostly crap, but I have seen a few P-Cars along with some newer Mercs on the roads in the last week.

LOL, on the free rent. Yes, and the 2 wine fridges are also full of free 95+ rated wines from around the world. The pool side bar is stocked with the finest KY Bourbons and Single Malts. But on the down-side the pool side ice maker is on the fritz so you will have to go upstairs to get an ice-bucket refill. Life’s a bitch.

Lets get back to the real nice Garages and Cars.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:54 PM
dwe8922
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris88

I nominate myself for the sh*tiest garage

Hmmmmm.... I think my old garage wins that honor.....
Old 05-26-2018, 03:21 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by dwe8922

Is that ADT sign there ironically?
Old 05-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

Yep, I'd say you win! I hope thats not in earthquake country...looks pretty rickety...
Old 05-26-2018, 04:41 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Chris88
Yep, I'd say you win! I hope thats not in earthquake country...looks pretty rickety...
I was going to say be careful with with wind gusts. But a cool picture none the less!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

^^^Methinks there is a whisky still hidden from view on the right.
The following users liked this post:
sctrojan2006 (02-27-2023)
Old 05-27-2018, 10:26 AM
avc2014
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 32 Posts

I think we should should go ahead and give the Florida garage the trophy. This is the best picture on this thread. Dont change a thing and let that old building keep gathering patina !
Old 05-27-2018, 11:40 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dwe8922

And that is how "Barn Find" is created!
Old 05-27-2018, 02:52 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts
Default Happy Memorial Day (Weekend)...

Finally moved the first 3 cars in and soon I can start transporting some nice cars in. Still finishing various items in the shop --> My Made in Chino California exterior lights...

Quick Reply: picture of your garage