Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Great story Eduardo! Congratulations on the SG and many thanks for the knowlege you bring to the Porsche enthusiast community!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:32 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Conshocken and Woodhouse Porsche each has/may have an unclaimed arena red available. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:21 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Eduardo, congrats. You are a PTS Jedi Master, and I hope Porsche is listening and seeks you out for your expertise.

I see in another thread the Gulf Blue car is not available, so I'll have to "settle" for wearing tinted "Gulf Blue" glasses with my white GT3, soon to arrive any day now.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

Apparently there is a 'Gulf Blue' gt3 available at Porsche Townson in Maryland. Customer ordered 'Golf Blue' (whatever that is?) and got the nicer 'Gulf Blue' instead. If that is the case, this gt3 will go fast so caveat lector, carpe diem and all that jazz.

"GULF BLUE! Ooooops! I went buy the Porsche of Towson dealership today
and sitting on the showroom floor was this! I said, "WOW....Gulf Blue in the
flesh!" To which the sales manager said, "Yeah ugly ain't it?.... Customer
ordered GOLF BLUE (which is closer to Sapphire Blue and very rare apparently)
Oooops is right!

Bone head move there. Yes, Gulf and Golf are quite different. Here is a Golf Blue '67S Targa. Pretty rare color and would look quite nice on a modern GT car. Much nicer than Gulf Blue IMO.
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

PTS Alert for those still looking...

Apparently there is a 'Gulf Blue' gt3 available at Porsche Townson
in Maryland. Customer ordered 'Golf Blue' (whatever that is?)
and got the nicer 'Gulf Blue' instead. If that is the case, this
gt3 will go fast so caveat lector, carpe diem and all that jazz.

Needless to say customer ordered it 2 years ago and it finally got here.
What's very strange is that everything was triple checked and paint samples
sent to Germany just to make sure nothing went wrong. And Murphy showed
up! Oh boy. So here it sits if anyone is interested. I don't know if there is a
waiting list on it, but I think the customer who ordered it may be waiting
to see what PAG will do for him. Can you say RS allocation?
If interested call Porsche of Towson, Peoples Republic of Maryland"

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-and-gets.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
This thread has now been closed, apparently at the request of the OP
since it didn't present the dealership - Townson in Md - in the best of
lights. The OP's original post has since be sanitized to protect the
innocence, or guilt, of the Sales Manager. What version of this story
ultimately you believe puts you into the camp of either a fiction or a
non-fiction fan.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-and-gets.html

The OP would like you to believe it's all my doing, his OP post & all:

And the Townson's Sales Manager, who had the temerity post several
oddly worded defensive posts on this thread before it was locked down,
even wanted me to edit what I originally wrote on my post. Probably
didn't like the part where I said Towson staff was 'clueless'. I could,
of course, be wrong about that. But the odds are in my favor that I
am right.

So you make up your own mind. We report, you decide. Here is
the current wording of the OP after he revised his original post:

GULF BLUE! Ooooops! I went buy the Porsche of Towson dealership today
flesh!" To which the service manager said, "Yeah ugly ain't it?.... Customer
waiting list on it, but I think the customer who ordered it may be waiting
to see what PAG will do for him. Can you say RS allocation?
If interested call Porsche of Towson, Peoples Republic of Maryland

vs the original wording which I captured & re-posted above on this thread:

waiting list on it, but I think the customer who ordered it may be waiting to see
what PAG will do for him. Can you say RS allocation?
If interested call Porsche of Towson, Peoples Republic of Maryland"

It is incredulous to me that Rubbaman (the OP) can tell the
Service Manager from the Sales Manager at his own local dealership!

But Townson has gone into defensive mode and now claims
their 'Gulf Blue' gt3 customer is perfectly happy with his car
and....move along, there is nothing to see here! They even
closed the thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...nd-gets-5.html

Regardless, my offer to Rubbaman and Towson Sales Manager
Steve Postol still stands. I'll come up there with an opthomologist,
a professional photographer &, as a public service, add a proctologist!

That last medical professional will be there to remove any
bug still up anyone's a** at Townson in case anyone there
is still worked up over this cheap PTS stunt!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-23-2015, 04:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

LOL, the drama....
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default A word of thanks!

I thank everyone for the nice words received so far for this 'investigating reporting' on these PTS gt3's. We had a pretty good team working on it...and there is still room for discoveries. Thanks to all who contributed via pm or emails. I appreciated the cooperation. And I hope this story helps other Rennlisters locate & negotiate the purchase of one of these rare PTS gt3's! It's not too late.

Finally, I want to thank the moderators Rob and John for elevating this thread to 'Administrative' status and putting it up at the top of our forum! With time, we will for sure have more information that will trickle in & shed more light on how these pts gt3s came to be. I intend to eventually find the individual at PAG who personally specced all of these cars...and punch him/her in the face! I'll bring a camera on that occasion and documented all with photos so I can post them right here on Rennlist!

And then, later this Spring, we will have the 'show & tell' as these PTS gt3s all are delivered to their buyers! So we will content to keep this thread active & relevant for our forum readers for some time to come! I have a bit more information that I will post this week. And we have to just keep digging until we find all remaining parts of this puzzle and give our readers the complete & definitive story of how these PTS gt3's in 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallc' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' came to be!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations (these Admin threads are kinda like RL Michelin stars for you)!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Eduardo, I'm not blaming you! That was a joke. Didn't you see the smiley face?
It was my feeble attempt to get you to smile or laugh. I take it you took me seriously. Seriously?
Yes, I closed my thread. And yes I edited the original post to Service manager.
I said Sales manager by mistake. OK? Whew!
I said iPhones don't take great pictures indoors under incandescent light.
I was not there for a professional photo shoot and I will not have the opportunity to take more
pictures of THE CAR with a real camera so as to prove to you I don't need lessons on photography.
So are you finished trashing me? What did I ever do to you?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:53 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I thank everyone for the nice words received so far for this 'investigating reporting' on these PTS gt3's. We had a pretty good team working on it...and there is still room for discoveries. Thanks to all who contributed via pm or emails. I appreciated the cooperation. And I hope this story helps other Rennlisters locate & negotiate the purchase of one of these rare PTS gt3's! It's not too late.

Finally, I want to thank the moderators Rob and John for elevating this thread to 'Administrative' status and putting it up at the top of our forum! With time, we will for sure have more information that will trickle in & shed more light on how these pts gt3s came to be. I intend to eventually find the individual at PAG who personally specced all of these cars...and punch him/her in the face! I'll bring a camera on that occasion and documented all with photos so I can post them right here on Rennlist!

And then, later this Spring, we will have the 'show & tell' as these PTS gt3s all are delivered to their buyers! So we will content to keep this thread active & relevant for our forum readers for some time to come! I have a bit more information that I will post this week. And we have to just keep digging until we find all remaining parts of this puzzle and give our readers the complete & definitive story of how these PTS gt3's in 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallc' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' came to be!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I suspect the comments about using up excess inventory on vendor outsourced parts is pretty close to the truth. Judging by the specs of the cars PAG has used up a lot of 4-way seats and sport chrono packages. With those inventories reduced now on to 991.2. The PTS colors were the icing to be sure the "cake" was consumed.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:36 PM
goinpostol
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eduardo,

I am very interested in were you are getting your "facts" from. You are making somewhat derogatory remarks about a person, establishment, and situation that you are not even remotely involved with. I've no interest in getting into an internet confrontation with you, or any confrontation, for that matter, I'd just appreciate if you'd tone down the commentary considering you don't actually know what has or will happen. If you feel that you are owed some explanation, or would care to enlighten me about this situation, I welcome you to contact me directly.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by goinpostol
Eduardo,

I am very interested in were you are getting your "facts" from. You are making somewhat derogatory remarks about a person, establishment, and situation that you are not even remotely involved with. I've no interest in getting into an internet confrontation with you, or any confrontation, for that matter, I'd just appreciate if you'd tone down the commentary considering you don't actually know what has or will happen. If you feel that you are owed some explanation, or would care to enlighten me about this situation, I welcome you to contact me directly.
It continues!

Old 03-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by goinpostol
Eduardo,

You are barking up the wrong tree, Steve. Your beef is with Rubbaman, not me! He is the fellow that created a thread about a vehicle in your dealership and quoted YOU in the following exchange: "WOW....Gulf Blue in the flesh!" To which the sales manager said, "Yeah ugly ain't it?" Now both you and Rubbaman are running away from those comments. I apologize for calling you & your staff 'clueless'. We really don't know that for a fact...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I am feeling generous at this moment. But you are not a very diplomatic individual. And neither the comments that you allegedly made about your customer's 'Gulf Blue' gt3 nor the words you have used on your posts so far on Rennlist shows you have a talent for good public relations. So please reconsider the tone of your posts here on Rennlist because I don't see how this tactic will endear you or Townson Porsche to the members of this fine forum!

Originally Posted by rubbaman
What did I ever do to you?
Oh, stop being a drama queen, Rubbaman! You did nothing to me and I love you man! We are having a little fun with Steve Postol. I think he is taking himself too seriously. I'll buy you a beer next time you come to Carmel. You probably don't want to miss the party at my home during Rennsport V!

Or are you a Scotch type of guy?

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
It continues!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
It continues!

Perhaps the username goinpostol is fitting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_postal

Going postal, in American English slang, means becoming extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence, and usually in a workplace environment.

The expression derives from a series of incidents from 1986 onward in which United States Postal Service (USPS) workers shot and killed managers, fellow workers, and members of the police or general public in acts of mass murder. Between 1986 and 1997, more than 40 people were gunned down by spree killers in at least 20 incidents of workplace rage.

Kidding of course.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Is pretty funny. I love the color but had options I had no interest in. I agree at this price it would have to be pretty close to what I would spec to pull the trigger. Either that or a low option low cost one.
I have not had time to read through this thread or the other new PTS threads today but wanted to let RLers know that the arena red metallic GT3 at Porsche of Conshohocken is available at MSRP. It was on hold for me but I've decided to pass, mostly for reasons consistent with tasman's post above -- while I love ARM and thought about ordering it early on, there are several specs on the car that I would not have added, so the PTS ends up being a lot more expensive for me than just $5500. So if someone is looking for this beautiful color and wants a no-nonsense MSRP deal, contact Ted Sotirakis at Porsche of Conshohocken at 484-690-2585 (direct line). I bought my first 911 from Porsche of Conshohocken many moons ago and they are great, as is Ted.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!