Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:06 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Viper green (225) is close to signal green (22s)
When spec was done for my PTS GT3 I had to make sure they wrote the paint code out, so they did not confuse or mis interpret the five for an s in the paint code. 225 vs 22S
Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understood.

I am beginning to really like this damn Toyota color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Back in Carmel
.[/QUOTE]

Eduardo, after being around the 918 a ton I love VooDoo. I will attempt to get my RS in that color more than likely.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default More gt3s from the 30 PTS batch in three colors found today...

One reported in Rennlist this morning at Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...er-in-may.html

Ended up under contract a couple hours later by User Rollsroy from LA!

Congratulations Rollsroy!

A similar 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' gt3 was found at New Country - Porsche of Greenwich. It's reported that Jerry Seinfeld is the prospective buyer of this vehicle. I will check with Sam Cabiglio to confirm.

An 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 was found at Sewickley Porsche in Pennsylvania (near Pittsburgh). It's part of the 30 PTS gt3s. It's already sold to customer. Sales manager doesn't know why they got the extra allocation...but he is grateful he did!

A 'Signal Green' gt3 was reported at Porsche of Syracuse. It apparently sold. They even advertised it in Autotrader! Report came to me via Rennlister Sportscentury (Thank you, Reid!)

I have seen report of one each of these 30 PTS cars at the following two dealers, although I can't yet confirm what colors are involved. You'll need to check with them if interested:

Manhattan Motor Car Company NYC - (It's an 'Arena Red Metallic' and available as of 3/27)

Porsche of North Scottsdale (Penske) - (It's an 'Arena Red Metallic' and available as of 3/27)

New Country - Porsche of Greenwich (CT) is claiming it has an 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 also available. I am pretty sure they have a 'Modegrau/Fashion Grey' gt3 per another report received today. So it's strange they may have both an 'Arena Red' and a 'Modegrau' at the same dealership. But we know that P of Beverly Hills has apparently been allocated two of these gt3s - a 'Signal Green' and an 'Arena Red Metallic'.

Best if those interested call these dealers and confirmed this information. So caveat lector.

Second report today that the PTS gt3 at Rusnak Pasadena is part of this 30 batch and the color is 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'. Why the dealer still refers to it as 'Mexico Blue' remains puzzling. They are also apparently still asking $40K over MSRP!

HERE IS OUR UPDATED LIST AS OF MARCH 27th

'Signal Green'
Confirmed
1) McKenna (Status Unknown. Was initially available at $20K over MSRP...but it might be higher now!)
2) Beverly Hills (Sold at markup over MSRP)
3) Stevinson (Sold)
4) P of Beachwood (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister)
5) P of Bellevue (Sold)
6) P of San Diego (Sold as MSRP to Rennlister)
7) At a CA Dealer. But not yet a liberty to reveal since the Rennlister that informed me is trying to negotiate its purchase.
8) Porsche of Syracuse (Cicero, NY). Under Contract (apparently).

Reported but not yet confirmed
9) Ellis Atlanta
10) Porsche of the Main Line

11) Assigned to a North Carolina customer that is part owner of a Porsche sales & restoration shop. (Sold at MSRP). I personally think this is an extra PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 in addition to the 10 originally allocated to US dealers in the reward program. Need that confirm since it's only speculation on my part.

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma (WA) Available. (Asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha (NE) - (Under Contract to Rennlister)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken (PA) - (Under Contract at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills (Available as of a few days ago).
6) Sewickley Porsche (PA) - Under contract to local customer.
7) Manhattan Motor Car Company (NYC) - Apparently Available!
8) Porsche of North Scottsdale (Penske) - Apparently Available!
9) New Country - P of Greenwich (CT) - Apparently Available!
10) ?

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'
Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak claims it is 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'...we are not so sure!
3) New Country - Porsche of Greenwich. Supposedly will be sold to Jerry Seinfeld.
4) Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas - (Under contract to Rennlist user)
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
8) ?
10) ?

11) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Back in Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 03-28-2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Further Update on where the cars are!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:15 AM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

"NEWMAN!"

Old 03-28-2015, 10:29 AM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 03-28-2015, 10:30 AM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 03-28-2015, 11:40 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

So I requested classic Pastel Orange Z17, and Toyota? Voodoo blue Z12.
Tempted by classic Signal green. Cant go wrong.

I also keep thinking of Jeff Zwarts's blue 4.0 because it just looked so good, but that could be because he makes awesome photo's. Don't know paint code.
Also Vesuvio Purple metallic because It would be great to have a metallic color and it looks great on Martins RS, but also maybe because it goes so well with cold accents and wheels. Its no longer an approved color according to the latest mystery list..
Old 03-28-2015, 12:58 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
One is a Toyota hue and the other is an exclusive PTS color for a Limited Edition 991 model! Is that the short answer you wanted?

Two completely different colors. 'Club Blau' starting base is the vintage historic 'Acid Blue' of the 1974, adjusted by two shades to create a unique formulation. Its darker, has a slight purple tint and it's stunning:

'Voodoo Blue' is a very rich blue color that has not historic significance in Porsche history. It's bright and very much a 'blue'. Nice enough color. Some people love it...particularly in Aichi, Japan!

And there are some fans at Porsche circles too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Marin County
Thank you! In the pictures I've seen in past, I could not tell difference. I have not seen the club blau in person, so I was wondering how it matched up. I love how voodoo looks, but in the future when I get a chance to spec a GT3(RS), I want to pick a color that I love with historical significance. I'm getting closer to the collecting phase vs trading in or selling. I will also never buy another non-GT car as I've seen how they retain value about as well as a Kia.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Latest PTS List from PCNA dated Feb 25th, 2015

The most recent Porsche PTS list has been posted elsewhere on Rennlist this morning. It is dated 2/25/2015 and it supersedes the older one dated 1/21/2015. So here it is below:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images
Old 03-28-2015, 01:59 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
The most recent Porsche PTS list has been posted elsewhere on Rennlist this morning. It is dated 2/25/2015 and it supersedes the older one dated 1/21/2015. So here it is below:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Awesomeness! Thanks for posting this, Eduardo!

Looks like Chartreuse (lindgrun / 226) is still in feasibility review. No surprise there.

Handful of new additions (most approved already).
Old 03-28-2015, 02:27 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

You know, I wish I had more time/energy to burn in order to hunt down one of the Fashion Grey GT3's. With black wheels, that will look epic. (Signal Green, as well, but more of those are already spoken for.)
Old 03-28-2015, 02:28 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that signal green is beautiful... i am happy for the fellow that found it in autotrader, but for the love of.... really? autotrader? ugh.

i called all the dealers that purportedly may have signal green and so far no luck
Old 03-28-2015, 03:27 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
that signal green is beautiful... i am happy for the fellow that found it in autotrader, but for the love of.... really? autotrader? ugh.

i called all the dealers that purportedly may have signal green and so far no luck
I actually use Autotrader and Cars.com all the time. Many dealers list there and/or auto-list once something hits their inventory (even if it is already spoken for / a customer order).
Old 03-28-2015, 04:50 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it ironic that there may well be more Arena Red, Signal Green, and Fashion Grey GT3s than either Anthracite Brown or Mahogany produced when it's all said and done. Semantics, I know, but which is the true PTS???
Old 03-28-2015, 06:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 1pvr
I find it ironic that there may well be more Arena Red, Signal Green, and Fashion Grey GT3s than either Anthracite Brown or Mahogany produced when it's all said and done. Semantics, I know, but which is the true PTS???
It's not semantics. Those simply are not popular colors. 500 people could get Mexico blue, it would still be PTS.

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!