Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 11:58 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
GLWS silverrules!

Very nice car!

Thanks neanicu I pulled off the listing after one day as I don't want to sell my car not knowing what PAG will say. I will list it again once its all clear. This will probably cost me $$ l to sell at the last minute thanks to PAG
Old 02-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Silverrules. Sorry to hear you are departing before you even got a chance to drive this awesome machine. Buying a new model/platform is never for the faint-hearted. I think you will find the issue has been over blown and the remedy will not be open heart surgery so hopefully your car will have the updates shortly thereafter and you will find your buyer quickly enough without losing any $$$. My guess is in 5-10 years time this will be looked on as part of the mystic of the 991 GT3 and its controversial labor and subsequent laboured birth. A little like the 964 (which is now escallating in value out of control). I guess only time will tell...
Old 02-26-2014, 12:12 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Silverrules. Sorry to hear you are departing before you even got a chance to drive this awesome machine. Buying a new model/platform is never for the faint-hearted. I think you will find the issue has been over blown and the remedy will not be open heart surgery so hopefully your car will have the updates shortly thereafter and you will find your buyer quickly enough without losing any $$$. My guess is in 5-10 years time this will be looked on as part of the mystic of the 991 GT3 and its controversial labor and subsequent laboured birth. A little like the 964 (which is now escallating in value out of control). I guess only time will tell...
Sorry for the confusion Macca, I was referring to my 997.2 that I had listed for one day No way in hell will I be selling the 991GT3. Are you kidding me Just need to time it right to sell the 997.2
Old 02-26-2014, 12:22 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Phew! That's good. I didnt want to say it but I think that would be a mistake. I have no doubt all this controversy, intrigue and mystique will make the 991 GT3 very desirable much sooner than typical. Especially if we learn this "recall" is down to the head of a nut LOL. Actually I was kinda hoping this would scare everyone away so they stop building these shortly :-). There is rumour the GT3RS is actually a GT2RS. Turbo engined. I dont put much in it but would be coincidental as there was rumour form the factory some months ago the 991 GT3 will be the last of its breed. Anyway speculation is fun but driving is more fun...keep the faith!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Sure hope its a Turbo GT2RS. I bet you that's what they will do to keep us GT3 owners happy
Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
OK, I can imagine that it is not fun to have a new 6 figure Porsche taken away on a flatbed after a very rare, very firm "DO NOT DRIVE" order from the manufacturer.

But, quite frankly, that is service at the highest level right there. They come and pick it up. They'll come and bring it back.

And, I have not a single doubt that Porsche will cover payments for time missed and loaner cars... or, god forbid, an Enterprise rental. What they'll do for cash buyers is an interesting question, though.

Honestly, the level of service here is pretty freakin' awesome and, if anything, makes me MORE a P-car fanatic than less of one.

I'm impressed, Porsche.
I'm a cash buyer of a Carrera that needed a new tranny. After the job was done they sent me a check for 1500 dollars
Old 02-26-2014, 01:11 PM
donracer
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is PAG taking so long to come up with a solution?

It is quite troubling for me, that Porsche AG is taking this long to resolve the GT3 fire issue. One would think that a company that produces and sells so many cars on a daily basis can resolve such an issue as this one relatively quickly. As much as I hate to say this, I think my next sports car is going to be a Ferrari. Fire from a glue is understandable but fires within the engine are an indication of negligence in quality control and testing. I wonder if Porsche subcontracts the GT3 production to a third party unit with in the company contractors. Do you guys think it was wise to pay a little over 130K for gt3 with 325 ft/lbs torque, when I could have gotten for less than that, a certified Ferrari 430 with 395ft/lbs torque and 490hp?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:32 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donracer
It is quite troubling for me, that Porsche AG is taking this long to resolve the GT3 fire issue. One would think that a company that produces and sells so many cars on a daily basis can resolve such an issue as this one relatively quickly. As much as I hate to say this, I think my next sports car is going to be a Ferrari. Fire from a glue is understandable but fires within the engine are an indication of negligence in quality control and testing. I wonder if Porsche subcontracts the GT3 production to a third party unit with in the company contractors. Do you guys think it was wise to pay a little over 130K for gt3 with 325 ft/lbs torque, when I could have gotten for less than that, a certified Ferrari 430 with 395ft/lbs torque and 490hp?
That ain't nothin'. I can get me a K-Whopper with 1750 ft/lbs torque for around the same price.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Zero911
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donracer
You can get those torque/hp numbers for MUCH less than that if numbers are what you're after You are aware of all the Ferrari's that have caught fire right? Not sure you can really knock Porsche and then in the same paragraph talk about going to Ferrari. I'm sure Porsche will get this resolved.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:06 PM
donracer
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero911
You can get those torque/hp numbers for MUCH less than that if numbers are what you're after You are aware of all the Ferrari's that have caught fire right? Not sure you can really knock Porsche and then in the same paragraph talk about going to Ferrari. I'm sure Porsche will get this resolved.
Point well made!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ssort
a perfect loaner might be a totally reliable, bullet proof .2GT3RS.
Originally Posted by silverrules
Yes, its Bullet proof now after all the performed recalls
I wouldn't call the .2GT3RS bullet proof. My engine shut off at 8k in 5th on the back straight at COTA last year because the cam bolts backed out. The car had 2k miles on it. In fact, after reading about that particular problem, I took it to my local Dealer when it had 1700 miles and told them they needed to pull the cam bolts out and lock tight them. The service guy said my car "was not in that group".. I said ok. one week later, I guess it was. For what could have been a about a $600 fix, Porsche ended up paying out over $22k in repairs....

Quick Reply: All GT3's recalled