kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and a Cayenne for the wife..
Old 04-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 103 Posts

We are dealing with two entities here. PCNA and PAG. PCNA I am sure has been lobbying for compensation but sadly they are not the decision maker. PAG is calling the shots so let's see what PCNA has to say later today. No sense in bashing them.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
We are dealing with two entities here. PCNA and PAG. PCNA I am sure has been lobbying for compensation but sadly they are not the decision maker. PAG is calling the shots so let's see what PCNA has to say later today. No sense in bashing them.
Exactly my point. I believe that PCNA has been pushing for more. Let's see what PAG decided.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that some people who have publicly disavowed any interest in this car really enjoy stirring the pot for those who have ordered one, and who are having to deal both financially and emotionally with the consequenses of this recall. I wonder why?

Personally if I was in the fortunate postion of having been able to order this car, and now unfortunately having to deal with the recall, I would wait it out. In a few months I'd be enjoying driving the car and never look back. Heck, sometimes I don't drive my current GT3 for a couple of months due to work, travel, etc. But I totally can empathize with those who are fed up. I think the decision to stick with the car or move on is not only financial/practical but also emotional, and thus there is no right answer. Each person has to decide for themselves.

I do think PAG ought to be considering the following as blanket compensation:

For those who have alread paid for the car and/or taken delivery:
1. Monetary compensation for the capital tied up in the car. Doesn't matter if the capital was borrowed or funded by yourself.
2. Compensation by cash or extension of warranty for months the warranty clock is ticking but you can't drive your car.
3. Give you a loaner no questions asked if you want one
4. Give an additional 1 year (or more) warranty on the engine (possibly whole car) in addition to point 2. above.

For those who have not paid/taken delivery of the car:
1. Give an additional 1 year (or more) warranty on the engine (possibly whole car).
2. If already traded in a car to the dealer for the GT3, or you can document that you privately sold a car in aticipation of the GT3 Delivery (i.e. you sold a car within X months of your anticpated delivery), then you should also be offered a loaner.

Finally if you had a scheduled ED, then they should help defray the cost of rescheduling or cancelling flights already bought, etc. as long as you had followed their guidelines in making such arrangements.

I think these steps would be both fair and necessary, but I don't see how anyone could expect more than this on a blanket basis. There may be a few who can make individual claims for lost track day fees or other paid for arrangements, as long as those were made past the normal to-be-expected scheduled delivery variance.

IMHO of course!
-Christian
Old 04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Gentlemen
This email we be sent shortly to all of you....

EMAIL TO:
Customer with delivered vehicle
Customer with car started or completed production.

Dear [TITLE] [LASTNAME],

I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of
our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have
purchased.

We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory
situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in
product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as
a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for
Porsche.

We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical
validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will
start production of the new engines the week of April 22nd. These
engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all
991-generation GT3 models built to date.

As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we
will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements.
Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new
engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to
this effect.

Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to
Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved
warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of
the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we
wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during
this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to
discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other
individual assistance you may need.

I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and
thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Quinn,
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Dude-
Pro

Originally Posted by csmarx
It seems that some people who have publicly disavowed any interest in this car really enjoy stirring the pot for those who have ordered one, and who are having to deal both financially and emotionally with the consequenses of this recall. I wonder why?

Personally if I was in the fortunate postion of having been able to order this car, and now unfortunately having to deal with the recall, I would wait it out. In a few months I'd be enjoying driving the car and never look back. Heck, sometimes I don't drive my current GT3 for a couple of months due to work, travel, etc. But I totally can empathize with those who are fed up. I think the decision to stick with the car or move on is not only financial/practical but also emotional, and thus there is no right answer. Each person has to decide for themselves.

I do think PAG ought to be considering the following as blanket compensation:

For those who have alread paid for the car and/or taken delivery:
1. Monetary compensation for the capital tied up in the car. Doesn't matter if the capital was borrowed or funded by yourself.
2. Compensation by cash or extension of warranty for months the warranty clock is ticking but you can't drive your car.
3. Give you a loaner no questions asked if you want one
4. Give an additional 1 year (or more) warranty on the engine (possibly whole car) in addition to point 2. above.

For those who have not paid/taken delivery of the car:
1. Give an additional 1 year (or more) warranty on the engine (possibly whole car).
2. If already traded in a car to the dealer for the GT3, or you can document that you privately sold a car in aticipation of the GT3 Delivery (i.e. you sold a car within X months of your anticpated delivery), then you should also be offered a loaner.

Finally if you had a scheduled ED, then they should help defray the cost of rescheduling or cancelling flights already bought, etc. as long as you had followed their guidelines in making such arrangements.

I think these steps would be both fair and necessary, but I don't see how anyone could expect more than this on a blanket basis. There may be a few who can make individual claims for lost track day fees or other paid for arrangements, as long as those were made past the normal to-be-expected scheduled delivery variance.

IMHO of course!
-Christian
While I greed with most of what you said, I disagree with you on the folks like myself who had their cars on the lot waiting to be delivered. "lost of use" as confirmed by PCNA is no different from cars sitting at a lot or dealers warehouse. Both these cars go through depreciate no matter if it is paid or not. As in my case, even though it is sitting at a lot, its is for the most part paid by a sizable down payment. I personally don't see any difference between the "lost of use" from the two groups.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Gentlemen This email we be sent shortly to all of you.... EMAIL TO: Customer with delivered vehicle Customer with car started or completed production. Dear [TITLE] [LASTNAME], I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have purchased. We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche. We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date. As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to this effect. Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need. I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience. Yours sincerely, Tim Quinn, Vice President, AfterSales Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Wow. That's different than the RoW letters...

The personal calls is where the individual comp will be revealed...
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM
grinzing mike
Track Day

mqandil - is that an actual letter that's pending for US members of this forum...or?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Don't forget, the most liberal warranty is in the US. Whether Porsche extends the warranty here is iffy.

Now that we know they are just starting production of the engine we all can assume that replacements in the US will take at least 30-60 if not longer. I have been waiting since March 2013 to take delivery of the car. It now appears I will not take it until June or July. FWIW, the 918 buyer in Germany indicated that Porsche has added a third line or shift to produce engines so clearly they are in full production mode.

So what do I do. Do I wait two months or more or do I bail. If I bail I would have to order another car which could take several months to arrive. Or I can buy one already optioned of a car lot. The only car that would meet the performance parameters of the GT3 is the 12C. Even though it is in a free fall value wise the 12C would still cost another $50-75,000 more. Why would I want to do that?

I could buy used performance cars but they would not meet the performance parameters of the 991GT3. Also, I would have no idea what that car has been put through.

Porsche says it will provide some compensation (they have already provided me a C2S) for the wait. So why would I want to shoot myself in the foot for another two to three months? To spite Porsche? To me that doesn't make any sense. This is all about me and not Porsche.
Originally Posted by grinzing mike
mqandil - is that an actual letter that's pending for US members of this forum...or?
Yes actual letter.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:05 PM
grinzing mike
Track Day

Cool, thanks. At this point, to me, it almost doesn't matter what it says - simply getting a communication with information would be pretty damn pleasing.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

This is starting to sound better. I would like to say that finally I can sleep better but the positive news, if true, will have me back to an excited stage. This could also be the onset of schizophrenia also.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mqandil
Yes actual letter.
..Cool, but how did you get this all the way up in WA...or did you just make up what you want to hear.. LOL..
Or.. secret source like Makka.. . ?. It's 4:26 CST already.. .. Ha Ha..

thx
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 PM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Good **** and thanks for sharing. Soon we'll drop the subject and argue about more important things like suspension setups and lap times
Old 04-09-2014, 06:34 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the delay? Why is the email not here yet? Not doubting mqandil, just paranoid.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:38 PM
grinzing mike
Track Day

Good question - it's now 5:38 pm in Atlanta, home of PCNA

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?