Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

I've read on the Action Group private forum that several cars from Hamburg got their engines replaced already and are on the way back to dealer or owners. Seems like a big and good news!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Jaypod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
I should wait for Clocked to reply, but here's my interpretation of his post: Ian said "If announcement comes out, let's say, late Friday the 9th, then... ". To me, this sounds like a hypothetical situation and a hypothetical date. I wouldn't cancel my other plans and sit waiting for the call.

I spoke with Ian on the phone yesterday and he told me he was expecting the announcement late next week or early the following week and then they would making calls shortly thereafter to discuss timelines for engine replacement.

I guess we will see
Old 04-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaypod
I spoke with Ian on the phone yesterday and he told me he was expecting the announcement late next week or early the following week and then they would making calls shortly thereafter to discuss timelines for engine replacement.

I guess we will see
Any hints from Ian that PCNA might be re-evaluating their compensation package based on what's been going on in the UK and elsewhere?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Jaypod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Any hints from Ian that PCNA might be re-evaluating their compensation package based on what's been going on in the UK and elsewhere?
Unfortunately no. My comment about me evaluating whether I still want to continue with this order didn't get too much reaction either. He did say that a lot of people were complaining about not being able to use their sports cars for the summer, but didn't really offer more than that.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I've read on the Action Group private forum that several cars from Hamburg got their engines replaced already and are on the way back to dealer or owners. Seems like a big and good news!
Wow.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
G car
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer called said new build date end of Aug one of first after their Aug vacation 2015 car
Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 PM
0Q991
Drifting

It sounds like things are progressing...
Old 04-30-2014, 07:04 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Just spoke with Ian a few minutes ago. He said PCNA was still waiting to hear from PAG about compensation packages (expected to hear soon). He and pcna are aware of regional variation. He really avoided saying all markets would be given equivalent deals even when I asked directly, and he confirmed each market negotiates with PAG who then decide. He did not elaborate on what the compensation requested by PCNA was. Btw it appears that Canadian customers are grouped together with US customers. I am cat C and he was not sure what compensation would be offered to those like me other than to suggest cash not currently on the table for me. And that PAG considers a move to a 2015 to be part of the compensation. Confirmed no price increase for 2015 moves. Confirmed timeline notification starting next week once they find out from PAG. Then all dealers should get ability to enter builds (which can be modified). I am likely a sept production and confirmed 2015 (but seemed to suggest pcna was initially unclear if i was still 2014 so obviously vague info from factory early on). Said it is a new engine but when asked whether this meant a redesigned new engine (or RS engine) he could not say (although he also had heard those rumours), and he believed we might get specific information on what the fix was if it became available to them (but tried to avoid being pinned down on if this info would indeed be forthcoming). He could only repeat the lines about a optimised bolt connection with no info on bolt material or redesign or any other changes etc. He was not aware of any german or other cars with engines installed already. Also he let me know there was limited availability of loaners for European delivery and they were categorizing cars with scheduled ED before vs after the stop sale (ie 2 categories of ED customers) meaning trying hard to get customers with ED date set before stop sale happened a loaner first. The ED liaison Jamie will be contacting those of us affected. Overall a very pleasant discussion. While he started out somewhat scripted he then seemed to be answering questions honestly off the cuff with the best info he had. Looks like communication is improving. Too bad this had not been the case from the outset.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Just spoke with Ian a few minutes ago. He said PCNA was still waiting to hear from PAG about compensation packages (expected to hear soon). He and pcna are aware of regional variation. He really avoided saying all markets would be given equivalent deals even when I asked directly, and he confirmed each market negotiates with PAG who then decide. He did not elaborate on what the compensation requested by PCNA was. Btw it appears that Canadian customers are grouped together with US customers. I am cat C and he was not sure what compensation would be offered to those like me other than to suggest cash not currently on the table for me. And that PAG considers a move to a 2015 to be part of the compensation. Confirmed no price increase for 2015 moves. Confirmed timeline notification starting next week once they find out from PAG. Then all dealers should get ability to enter builds (which can be modified). I am likely a sept production and confirmed 2015 (but seemed to suggest pcna was initially unclear if i was still 2014 so obviously vague info from factory early on). Said it is a new engine but when asked whether this meant a redesigned new engine (or RS engine) he could not say (although he also had heard those rumours), and he believed we might get specific information on what the fix was if it became available to them (but tried to avoid being pinned down on if this info would indeed be forthcoming). He could only repeat the lines about a optimised bolt connection with no info on bolt material or redesign or any other changes etc. He was not aware of any german or other cars with engines installed already. Also he let me know there was limited availability of loaners for European delivery and they were categorizing cars with scheduled ED before vs after the stop sale (ie 2 categories of ED customers) meaning trying hard to get customers with ED date set before stop sale happened a loaner first. The ED liaison Jamie will be contacting those of us affected. Overall a very pleasant discussion. While he started out somewhat scripted he then seemed to be answering questions honestly off the cuff with the best info he had. Looks like communication is improving. Too bad this had not been the case from the outset.
<3mph, thanks a lot for that complete rundown. Much appreciated....
Old 04-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaypod

I guess we will see
Isn't that what he said two weeks ago? And again two weeks before that?

I have yet to receive a call from the mysterious Ian, despite being told about a month ago that he would call. Of course, they didn't say when. . .
Old 04-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't want to splash water on the optimism but didn't they say last week we should hear within two weeks about the time table of the engine replacement?

Last week is one week and this is the second. Now we are being told next or the following week? Next week will be the third week and the following week four weeks. Yet again, we continue to be extended.

This much I know. I will blow a fuse if they call me during the fourth week that my engine will be built and we will call you again to let you know what approximate day it will be replaced.

Enough is enough! Porsche please no more dragging this out. Most of us are at our limit.

If they are reading this. Don't call me unless they can commit to a date when my engine will be installed.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Engine update from RT. Notice the compensation package for EU. Also, is week 36 end of September??? If true we are F***ed.

some info on engine deliveries.

May 2 Porsche will address the list of vehicules under priority

May 5 engine ordering, don't ask me what this is I don't know. Maybe dealers have to place in the system the part ordereing

Week 19 delivery of engines

50% of engines will be delivered by week 20, that does not mean it will be installed but at least it will be delivered

All engines deliver by week 36, that is pretty long given the 50% residual quantities. So I guess the Category A, those who have already the cars will be sorted by end of May

Another good news, we will get 1 extra year of warranty plus the previously announced set of tirres and Frs 225

Overall, though this is frustrating, Porsche has provided a compeling indemnity.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:44 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
Engine update from RT. Notice the compensation package for EU. Also, is week 36 end of September??? If true we are F***ed. some info on engine deliveries. May 2 Porsche will address the list of vehicules under priority May 5 engine ordering, don't ask me what this is I don't know. Maybe dealers have to place in the system the part ordereing Week 19 delivery of engines 50% of engines will be delivered by week 20, that does not mean it will be installed but at least it will be delivered All engines deliver by week 36, that is pretty long given the 50% residual quantities. So I guess the Category A, those who have already the cars will be sorted by end of May Another good news, we will get 1 extra year of warranty plus the previously announced set of tirres and Frs 225 Overall, though this is frustrating, Porsche has provided a compeling indemnity.
WTF.

50% done Week 19-20 and the other 50% in an additional 16 weeks?!

I sure hope that's a typo or a flat out mistaken rumor.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Isn't that what he said two weeks ago? And again two weeks before that?

I have yet to receive a call from the mysterious Ian, despite being told about a month ago that he would call. Of course, they didn't say when. . .
Sara called me couple weeks ago and I told her the $2K per month was BS and she said Ian will call. Haven't heard from Ian yet either. I talked to my SA after the group letter was sent out to the dealer GM and he said that GM says if I am not happy with the deal he will happy to sell the car to someone else. Plenty of buyers for this car. I said let's wait and see. I told him be ready to negotiate when the car is available otherwise he will loose his commission on this car and he said OK.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tim, I think WW36 maybe cat C customers. We are Cat B which means WW20 and that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?