Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 07:28 PM
grinzing mike
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, thanks guys...I planned to call the Concierge today but time got away form me - I'll do that on Monday and let the group hear what I hear...
Old 05-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer shows in the Porsche inventory system that my 2014 gt3 will arrive October 24th!!! Mine was on the production line at time of stop sale. Was to arrive May 2nd.

Anybody want a one year old car when 2015's have already been delivered?
Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
My dealer shows in the Porsche inventory system that my 2014 gt3 will arrive October 24th!!! Mine was on the production line at time of stop sale. Was to arrive May 2nd. Anybody want a one year old car when 2015's have already been delivered?
It can't be right! That's beyond ridiculous. Perhaps it will be updated once dates are communicated in the next week or so?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm told these dates are just placeholders and will be updated with more realistic dates in the June-July timeframe. If true, I'm satisfied.

If oct/nov is reality, I'm out.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
My dealer shows in the Porsche inventory system that my 2014 gt3 will arrive October 24th!!! Mine was on the production line at time of stop sale. Was to arrive May 2nd.

Anybody want a one year old car when 2015's have already been delivered?
It has to be a system error. No way they would produce 2014's while producing 2015's. You probably will get a July build date.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

What I have recently learned from my contact who just returned from PAG. Now, do not shoot the messenger if the info. is incorrect. But I owe, what I hear, to the Group. But we are supposed to have new info., with supposed estimated dates on our individual engine replacements by May 10th. The engine replacements will take place at the Port for cars that are being held there. They are already equipping the US Ports ( I think there are 3), with the necessary machinery to manage the replacements. There will be (6) German engineers that will be split amongst the Ports to help manage the replacements. The cars that were returned to Dealers they are still determining if they will go back to Port or if they will be sent to the larger Dealers who have Certified(Master) Mechanics who are specialized in the replacements(equally trained to the German engineers).

Now, do not expect to hear any further details on the new engines. It is quite simple. They are not hiding any thing other than what they have conveyed earlier and now the engines have an optimized con rod screw. There are no 'bigger' issues and PAG is over confident that they have delivered an exceptional engine. They have no problem taking back any car if the Owner, or soon to be Owner, does not want it. Yes, they want all the original buyers to stick with the cars. Hence, why they gave out loaners, ect - with the comp packages. And thanks to the Action Group they will hopefully try to make things more 'fair' across the markets. Depreciation is not even a conceived notion in their minds.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:52 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
What I have recently learned from my contact who just returned from PAG. Now, do not shoot the messenger if the info. is incorrect. But I owe, what I hear, to the Group. But we are supposed to have new info., with supposed estimated dates on our individual engine replacements by May 10th. The engine replacements will take place at the Port for cars that are being held there. They are already equipping the US Ports ( I think there are 3), with the necessary machinery to manage the replacements. There will be (6) German engineers that will be split amongst the Ports to help manage the replacements. The cars that were returned to Dealers they are still determining if they will go back to Port or if they will be sent to the larger Dealers who have Certified(Master) Mechanics who are specialized in the replacements(equally trained to the German engineers). Now, do not expect to hear any further details on the new engines. It is quite simple. They are not hiding any thing other than what they have conveyed earlier and now the engines have an optimized con rod screw. There are no 'bigger' issues and PAG is over confident that they have delivered an exceptional engine. They have no problem taking back any car if the Owner, or soon to be Owner, does not want it. Yes, they want all the original buyers to stick with the cars. Hence, why they gave out loaners, ect - with the comp packages. And thanks to the Action Group they will hopefully try to make things more 'fair' across the markets. Depreciation is not even a conceived notion in their minds.
Jim -- Thanks for sharing this info!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add one other point. There is another customer that ordered their car about the same time I did and had production dates identical ie car was stopped at v270 on 2/14. His dealer gave him the same date for delivery October 24th just in time for mint to go into winter storage for 6 months.

I am sure I will have another very interesting conversation with the US COO of Porsche next week. I will ask him, if he was in my place would he take delivery of the car on October 24th when it goes into storage.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 72 Posts

Jimmy, thanks for the update. Your information verifies what I was told and posted a couple of weeks ago.

The big question is timing of these engines AND equalization of compensation packages to meet what ROW are getting.

FWIW, according to the Swiss poster on RT the head of production was recently fired.

Last edited by Nick; 05-03-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks, Jimmy. My dealer has a master mechanic; hope my car doesn't have to go back to port...
Old 05-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Mike - I think regardless since you received you car pretty early you will given precedence over the cars that arrived at port after the "stoppage". Also, I believe if the service is done at the Port there is no car fax ect that might indicate that any service work was done. I may be wrong here but I do not think there is any secret that all of our engines will be replaced. But, I am satisfied at this point that we will be getting a great engine and there appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

But Nick above, does have a couple points that need to be rectified. I think the Action Group letter will accomplish this for all. It was written very professionally with no threats, or any thing in that nature, but just from Porsche fanatics-who care. I think PAG should be proud of the their Clientele who united for a good cause.. I also believe we left an opening in the window for them to clean all this up and come out smelling like roses. "Win-Win" for all. I hope they are listening and with the UK announcement I think they are.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:31 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Mike - I think regardless since you received you car pretty early you will given precedence over the cars that arrived at port after the "stoppage". Also, I believe if the service is done at the Port there is no car fax ect that might indicate that any service work was done. I may be wrong here but I do not think there is any secret that all of our engines will be replaced. But, I am satisfied at this point that we will be getting a great engine and there appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel. But Nick above, does have a couple points that need to be rectified. I think the Action Group letter will accomplish this for all. It was written very professionally with no threats, or any thing in that nature, but just from Porsche fanatics-who care. I think PAG should be proud of the their Clientele who united for a good cause.. I also believe we left an opening in the window for them to clean all this up and come out smelling like roses. "Win-Win" for all. I hope they are listening and with the UK announcement I think they are.
My hope is that we will receive a "surprise" bump in the package when our cars are delivered post engine swap...
Old 05-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

There was a reason they probably did not put things in writing in the beginning, it is possible it was to check our temps. out there and subject to a potential change - I hope
Old 05-03-2014, 04:40 PM
0Q991
Drifting

There was a reason they probably did not put things in writing in the beginning, it is possible it was to check our temps. out there and subject to a potential change - I hope
My thoughts also.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These news are good. at least things are moving the right direction. Cheers GT3ers!!

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?