Sponsored by:

New GT3 on order thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
I will not buy a 911 without Full Leather. With that said, I do not like the seat backs in leather; it's kind of wasted money.
IMO, wasted money is a full leather interior without the back seat leather covered
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Gros Chien
IMO, wasted money is a full leather interior without the back seat leather covered
To each his own I guess? Ive never wanted leather setbacks even with full leather cars. Don't miss them on my turbo S anyway. But I guess it depends what interior you are going with too (well the stitching). If you don't use the silver tones, then I guess I would go covered seatbacks as well.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RobSpyder
Nick, thanks for the response on front lift. Think I can live without it too
Rob, FWIW I will order the sport buckets seats if they are available when I spec my car in the first quarter of 2014. I had planned to all along but pretty much resigned myself to the standard seats. I agree they are better suited for track events but that is not the reason (will not track that often to make a difference) why I am getting them. I believe they fit the look of the car better. The car looks like a racing machine and the interior should compliment that look.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 AM
RCMA991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
^^No red belts?^^
Got me worried a sec. But I did not copy page 2 of my order on my post; which includes, red belts.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 AM
RobSpyder
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick

Rob, FWIW I will order the sport buckets seats if they are available when I spec my car in the first quarter of 2014. I had planned to all along but pretty much resigned myself to the standard seats. I agree they are better suited for track events but that is not the reason (will not track that often to make a difference) why I am getting them. I believe they fit the look of the car better. The car looks like a racing machine and the interior should compliment that look.
I relish them everyday on public streets as well. It's just such a locked in feeling. Certainly agree on look as well.

Last edited by RobSpyder; 07-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
^ What he said.

Just another reason why I greatly dislike leather backs, especially on this car.

Full Leather, on the other hand, makes an otherwise cheap looking interior look great.

Last edited by 911dev; 07-19-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Porsche997s
Advanced

Guys I need some advice. I love everything about looks of the new GT3. But the sea of black is not my favorite, $150k is a good sum of money and I want to love every aspect of the car. I have looked at the obvious stuff like red stitching, white dials .... It all makes it better but it still doesn't excite me. Any ideas on what else I could do? The black and red leather interior offered on the turbo S excites me but is not available on the GT3.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
Guys I need some advice. I love everything about looks of the new GT3. But the sea of black is not my favorite, $150k is a good sum of money and I want to love every aspect of the car. I have looked at the obvious stuff like red stitching, white dials .... It all makes it better but it still doesn't excite me. Any ideas on what else I could do? The black and red leather interior offered on the turbo S excites me but is not available on the GT3.
I too like the red interior from the Turbo and wish it was an option on the GT3. Having said that, I am OK with the GT3 offerings. If you really want the Red Interior, you can always have some custom interior work done to mimic the turbo..
Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

In addition to the things you mentioned you could consider the options for interior trim painted in body color. Personally I like the understated interior; it's purposeful and consistent with the car's character but that's my opinion. There just aren't as many factory personalization and color options and as there are for the TT's and Carreras....
Old 07-19-2013, 04:03 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I think the painted interior makes everything look plasticky. IMO the uktimate interior is this: you Cover as much as you can with leather, a lcantara, and red stitching. Have red seat belts and red dials (i know, wveryone hates when i say that) Make all trim pieces carbon which will match the sport seats. This combo will give you three different shades of black (leather, a lcantara and carbon) with splashes of red. Car comes out to $150k even
Old 07-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Why not just buy the Turbo? Sounds like it might be better for you. If the GT3 doesn't excite you as is, it's probably not your car. You might be trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Turbo has many more options, and the potential for a world class interior.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

As I count it, we have only four confirmed Q4 builds in this thread.

Blue
Mike in CA
RMCA
SamFromTX

Given the activity in the GT3 section I expected more. I know some prefer not to post, and not all owners frequent Rennlist. I would guess we have maybe 20-25 builds nationwide for Q4. Have I missed anyone? Do we have fewer builds than I thought?

Last edited by Bluehinder; 07-19-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
As I count it, we have only three confirmed Q4 builds in this thread.

Blue
Mike in CA
RMCA

Given the activity in the GT3 section I expected more. I know some prefer not to post, and not all owners frequent Rennlist. I would guess we have maybe 20-25 builds nationwide for Q4. Have I missed anyone? Do we have fewer builds than I thought?
Q4 here as well.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 AM
new GT3
Advanced

Another Q4 here in NY
Old 07-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

December 2013 Build. Car will be delivered in SW Florida then trucked to permanent home in Austin to join white Cayenne GTS big brother

White
Black Leather w/red stitching
red belts, fire extinguisher
Axle lift--lot of steep entries to deal with in hill country

Quick Reply: New GT3 on order thread