Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:40 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Just terrible that this stuff happens....look at ford with the ford gt .
they sold them whole different way and buyers signed contracts not to flip
but I believe someone sold and got away with it.
ITS ALL GREED.
John Cena sold his. Ford sued him. Don't recall outcome.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:41 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if this was mentioned but does anybody find it odd that the owner of champion porsche was found dead off boca beach club at night back in late July under mysterious circumstances. And now it comes out that his top guy was stealing from his clients and also happens to be "missing" right now......This is going to blow up into an episode on that TV show "American Greed" I hope this guy had nothing to do with Mr Miraz's death and that it was just an accident. But if you looks at all the moving parts one would find it hard to believe that's is all coincidence.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:46 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by closer98
Not sure if this was mentioned but does anybody find it odd that the owner of champion porsche was found dead off boca beach club at night back in late July under mysterious circumstances. And now it comes out that his top guy was stealing from his clients and also happens to be "missing" right now......This is going to blow up into an episode on that TV show "American Greed" I hope this guy had nothing to do with Mr Miraz's death and that it was just an accident. But if you looks at all the moving parts one would find it hard to believe that's is all coincidence.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I need the eating popcorn imoticon
Old 09-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,798 Likes on 2,196 Posts

Just speculation, but maybe the sales guy thought the owner was on to him and decided to take the owner out before the owner took action. Sounds crazy, but we’re talking about a criminal, so who knows. Or maybe I’ve been watching too much House of Cards.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

The cops have been building their case and playing it close to the vest up until this point. NO NEWS has come out on Miraz's death, like not a single detail.... The lawsuits were filed over last couple days..... I am almost positive that this thing becomes national news before the weekend is over and APB will be put out for Shiraaz.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:51 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold

Just speculation, but maybe the sales guy thought the owner was on to him and decided to take the owner out before the owner took action. Sounds crazy, but we’re talking about a criminal, so who knows. Or maybe I’ve been watching too much House of Cards.
I'm with you. That's probably what happened.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:51 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

^^^yes. Highly suspect because the reports surrounding his death are so vague. Seems to be still under investigation.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I haven't read much on the owners death. I saw it was a boating accident. Saw he had been into competitive sailing over the past xx amount of years. Still, vague details. Seems like something more to it. Doubt Shiraaz has anything to do with it, but maybe some other shady dealings.

Now ... would be good to know how long Shiraaz had this Autosports account open and how long deposits were being made to it?? Hard to believe he was a lone wolf on this?? I assume there have been shady dealings at Champion that fostered his plan. Maybe they have a history of hiding sales and funds to avoid declaring income?? Maybe he was a part of this?? Owner passes away and his scam plan goes into overdrive to maximize cash and bail when the heat closes in? If this dealership was being run tightly, he'd have a hard time pulling this off, on top of his other shady dealings with the 911R which happened earlier in the year and was ongoing well before that. Somehow he keeps his job still? Seems shady. There very well could have been a culture of hiding income and tax avoidance practices at this dealer. All speculation on my part.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 PM
.:Raul
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just heard about the owner. this is like a made for tv movie. had one of my sale guys call down and get the scoop. crazy how some people throw their lives away
Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 PM
closer98
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I haven't read much on the owners death. I saw it was a boating accident. Saw he had been into competitive sailing over the past xx amount of years. Still, vague details. Seems like something more to it. Doubt Shiraaz has anything to do with it, but maybe some other shady dealings.

Now ... would be good to know how long Shiraaz had this Autosports account open and how long deposits were being made to it?? Hard to believe he was a lone wolf on this?? I assume there have been shady dealings at Champion that fostered his plan. Maybe they have a history of hiding sales and funds to avoid declaring income?? Maybe he was a part of this?? Owner passes away and his scam plan goes into overdrive to maximize cash and bail when the heat closes in? If this dealership was being run tightly, he'd have a hard time pulling this off, on top of his other shady dealings with the 911R which happened earlier in the year and was ongoing well before that.
The scam has been going on for years. Shiraz didn't turbo charge the scam in last 6 weeks since Miraz death.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:05 PM
STG
Race Director

The scam has been going on for years. Shiraz didn't turbo charge the scam in last 6 weeks since Miraz death.

If guys were losing $$$ and deposits, they would have raised hell like they did. Not like people were getting screwed over for a year or more and just saying, oh well. He won't return my $20K-$100K deposit, I'll just move on.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by .:Raul
just heard about the owner. this is like a made for tv movie. had one of my sale guys call down and get the scoop. crazy how some people throw their lives away

You talking about Shiraaz?? He's not the owner.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:08 PM
STG
Race Director

It's Shiraaz!! Two a's!!
Old 09-13-2018, 09:14 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

What disgusts me is this whole act of cowardice on behalf of the dealership/governing body. There have been NO formal Apologies/Notifications sent to potential affected consumers. As mentioned earlier, I would still have been in the dark had not been for OP's post.
Who knows how many more people are affected. Appreciate all the support from RL.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:24 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
There are real VIP Porsche customers who buy multiple Porsches year in and year out, without owning a 918 Spyder.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
i was referring to Ferrari customers, not porsche.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing