Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Get out and drive....
Old 08-07-2018, 02:31 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

A PDK RS will always be a step up from a PDK GT3. Until they bring back a 6MT RS, it’s not clear what the upgrade is to a 6MT GT3.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:56 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm ordering my GT3 on wednesday. Reading this at first had me second guessing my manual choice, but my first 991 was a 2012 C2S with PDK. I traded it in on a 13 C2S with 7 speed because the base seats in the 12 hurt my back. The manual C2S was much more engaging than the PDK and it felt more like a sports car and was more fun to drive, so that is why I'm going manual in my new one. I love the manual in my GT4.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:59 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^why would you let one thread change your mind? Get what you want and enjoy the car
Old 08-07-2018, 05:07 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Best Manual period.- Love it
Old 08-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I ordered a manual but realized I don't know how to drive manual...
Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
I ordered a manual but realized I don't know how to drive manual...
You too?
Old 08-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

It is strange for me to think anyone cannot drive a manual. I bought pickup trucks in manual. would not buy a car without a manual, until you just couldn't. I had an 88 ford bronco, straight 6 300 with a manual. total POS, but thank god for the manual, would have sank it in the river if an auto. I guess its all coming to an end, maybe i will start looking at an electric with the auto drive. Something that I don't have to engage in at all. Maybe the future will be hands free! The excitement in seeing if the car will fly off the road, or maybe we make it.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:52 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
LOL
Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 AM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
It is strange for me to think anyone cannot drive a manual. I bought pickup trucks in manual. would not buy a car without a manual, until you just couldn't. I had an 88 ford bronco, straight 6 300 with a manual. total POS, but thank god for the manual, would have sank it in the river if an auto. I guess its all coming to an end, maybe i will start looking at an electric with the auto drive. Something that I don't have to engage in at all. Maybe the future will be hands free! The excitement in seeing if the car will fly off the road, or maybe we make it.
I cannot say I am a very good driver, but I am a keen driver and I like the extra involvement of manual transmission. I have to sync the clutch, gear lever, how much I need to press the accelerator. It is just more demanding and requires more connection from me.
I have a GT4 and GT3T - these cars for me like a therapy / meditation. They bring a grin on my face everytime I drive and I love integrating with these machine when driving. Hence, these cars can be only in manual transmission for me.

I don't judge people preferring PDK. I have my daily with DSG and it has a place for me.
But I do have 2 problems with PDK for my fun cars. With PDK I don't feel that much involved as I do with manual and I continuously drive at silly speeds. I don't realize how fast I am driving.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Why is everyone selling their GT3s so soon?
The number is staggering, this seems to be the condition for a huge price drop
Old 08-07-2018, 10:07 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Manuals for sale are mainly due to flippers, as usual....

Anyway I love the manual... but heck, 3 of my other cars are all manuals so I purposely chose the PDK. I guess I got spoiled a bit when I had my Macan Turbo and I truly enjoyed the PDK's fast shifts and now even much more so in the PDK-S mode on the GT3. Almost all the time I am manually shifting my GT3 while in PDK-S mode. Doesn't matter neither on speed since it's just as fun on city streets too IMO... and when the road opens then that grin just widens up even more.

Sure the manuals are involving and requires more articulation.... but the PDK-S is just as sublime. I climb in my GT4 or GT350R or even the Miata and I fully enjoy rowing the gears... then I climb in the GT3 and the feeling is just as ecstatic, adrenaline-full. I still have control of what gear I want to be in and what rpm level plus when I want to upshift or downshift... and I still have to focus no matter what. It's not watered down to me... but that's my opinion and this manual/PDK debate will be endless and all subjective anyway.

Just be glad we (you, me, us...) are able to enjoy the new 4.0 in this .2 GT3 because, as I have said it elsewhere, that's the true winner and that's what we're all really paying a lot of moolah for... be glad WE ALL have choices. Just pick your poison and enjoy it.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Smart move, you can not mis-shift a PDK.
Buying a MT6 used is a different story and another reason to pay more to be the first owner.
Originally Posted by Bossing
Anyway I love the manual... but heck, 3 of my other cars are all manuals so I purposely chose the PDK. I guess I got spoiled a bit when I had my Macan Turbo and I truly enjoyed the PDK's fast shifts and now even much more so in the PDK-S mode on the GT3. Almost all the time I am manually shifting my GT3 while in PDK-S mode. Doesn't matter neither on speed, it's just as fun on city streets too IMO... and when the road opens then that grin just widens up even more.

Sure the manuals are involving and requires more articulation.... but the PDK-S is just as sublime. I climb in my GT4 or GT350R or even the Miata and I fully enjoy rowing the gears... then I climb in the GT3 and the feeling is just as ecstatic, adrenaline-full. I still have control of what gear I want to be in and what rpm level plus when I want to upshift or downshift... and I still have to focus no matter what. It's not watered down to me... but that's my opinion and this manual/PDK debate will be endless and all subjective anyway.

Just be glad we (you, me, us...) are able to enjoy the new 4.0 in this .2 GT3 because, as I have said it elsewhere, that's the true winner and that's what we're all really paying a lot of moolah for... be glad WE ALL have choices. Just pick your poison and enjoy it.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:21 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
The number is staggering, this seems to be the condition for a huge price drop
It would, if production continued. But its ending this year for the GT3, so...
Old 08-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Smart move, you can not mis-shift a PDK.
Buying a MT6 used is a different story and another reason to pay more to be the first owner.
Yeah that's another plus.... well both types of transmissions will have advantages and disadvantages so it's all good. I'm almost at 5k miles now on my GT3 and every mile is just as fun than all my manual cars' miles put together.

I'm not surprised of all the GT3.2 cars for sale... but we knew this was gonna happen with so many flippers out there. Heck I have 2 friends that are already flipping theirs.... one hardly drove his and he barely broke even, and wondered why... lol. Told him "you're late in the game" and "you shoulda done this many months ago" so I hope lessons learned there for him.

This car deserves to be driven.... it's ashame.

Quick Reply: So many manual GT3's for sale