Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

I was told no WP when I ordered mine the beginning of July.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:28 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I was told no WP when I ordered mine the beginning of July.
There was a stop sale on WP and Deviated stitching for July builds earlier this year. Not all July builds had the WP option or deviated stitch option. Only the builds that got sent right when allocations first came out had these options.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Porsche prepares for a launch, announces the launch, and initially releases a limited number of allocations but cannot meet the demand. Doesn't sound like a well oiled machine to me. My single CXX request was made 3 months ago and denied.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

They need to go back to one color and choice of blue or red wheels.
Worked OK back in the day.

they started the ****ery with charging $5000 for white!
on the 997.1RS and it’s gone downhill from there ever since.

Porsche:

Old 07-22-2018, 06:51 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

+1
Old 07-22-2018, 06:52 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 957 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Porsche prepares for a launch, announces the launch, and initially releases a limited number of allocations but cannot meet the demand. Doesn't sound like a well oiled machine to me. My single CXX request was made 3 months ago and denied.
i contacted Porsche the very first day allocations were released for the RS, I’ve done many CXX on prior builds. They were honest and said no CXX options for this initial round of RS.

My build was locked months ago due to ED date being locked in. I forgot an option, was told I could add it but ED date couldn’t be guaranteed as they would have to open up my build. Oh well, I guess I don’t I get that forgotten option now! It’s Porsche, it’s sometimes frustrating but sadly nobody makes a car that drives the same. Play the game or get another car. I’ve done that, always come back to Porsche.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:38 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Not that anyone cares but I had an interesting spec adventure with the 3RS.

I have a relatively early allocation with a sept build date and I had submitted what I refer to as a reverse lizard spec, as in black with black/green wheels and the green interior. This was a heavy spec with almost every box checked and WP ... iirc it was in the mid 230s.

Then one of my neighbors who lives about five houses down from me got an allocation and decided to clone my spec. Not out of coincidence mid you, he did it cause he liked mine and wanted the same thing. It's not that I mind or can control other people having the same spec as mine, but on the same street ffs, and with green accents? We're going to look like two guys dating with matching bowties, ugh.

Anyhoot, he wouldn't budge on his spec so I had to redo mine. I went for a mid level spec in white with no WP and just the must have stuff like all performance options, black headlights, leather, and that's it. It came out to a $210k build so in the end my neighbor ended up saving me $25k.

I am wondering though if I made a mistake letting go of WP when I still had the chance to get it. It wasn't even a matter of $, I just can't cope with the black hood/roof contrast against light colors. It was fine when the car was black but once that was taken away because of the aforementioned nonsense I just couldn't do it. Plus it really is a silly amount of money to spend for a few pounds, it's really $18k for nameplate cred.

Alright well it's obviously moot now, I just hope I don't regret passing on the WP.

The build locks on the 24th and the only thing I'm still pondering is whether to do chalk instead of white ... both look gorgeous sans WP.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:09 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Not that anyone cares but I had an interesting spec adventure with the 3RS.

I have a relatively early allocation with a sept build date and I had submitted what I refer to as a reverse lizard spec, as in black with black/green wheels and the green interior. This was a heavy spec with almost every box checked and WP ... iirc it was in the mid 230s.

Then one of my neighbors who lives about five houses down from me got an allocation and decided to clone my spec. Not out of coincidence mid you, he did it cause he liked mine and wanted the same thing. It's not that I mind or can control other people having the same spec as mine, but on the same street ffs, and with green accents? We're going to look like two guys dating with matching bowties, ugh.

Anyhoot, he wouldn't budge on his spec so I had to redo mine. I went for a mid level spec in white with no WP and just the must have stuff like all performance options, black headlights, leather, and that's it. It came out to a $210k build so in the end my neighbor ended up saving me $25k.

I am wondering though if I made a mistake letting go of WP when I still had the chance to get it. It wasn't even a matter of $, I just can't cope with the black hood/roof contrast against light colors. It was fine when the car was black but once that was taken away because of the aforementioned nonsense I just couldn't do it. Plus it really is a silly amount of money to spend for a few pounds, it's really $18k for nameplate cred.

Alright well it's obviously moot now, I just hope I don't regret passing on the WP.

The build locks on the 24th and the only thing I'm still pondering is whether to do chalk instead of white ... both look gorgeous sans WP.
Man, your neighbor is d-bag!!! Sorry soulsea.......
Old 07-22-2018, 10:16 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
If pressed to provide an answer right now, I would say that the regular GT3 is so good that the price of the RS is not wholly justified....but let me answer this question again after I have had more time with the car back-to-back with the other two.

But even with more time, I know one point of view that will not change is that the difference in HP is hardly noticeable. If you are buying an RS for largely this factor, don't bother.
Chris,

Thanks for all your observations. One thing I noticed looking your car is rake/fender gap on the front compared to our 991.1 RS's. It is much less on the .2

Curious - do you have your car spec'ed with FAL?

- Chris "H".
Old 07-22-2018, 11:09 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I don’t know, I would think it was cool to have the same car as a neighbor, then again I get excited when I see the same car I am driving on the road even when it is something pedestrian.

I am guessing the touring noise is related to the flap. That can’t be quiet having such a large piece at that angle.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:11 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yup I agree. Absolutely no creativity for his neighbor who is a copy cat.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by 911therapy
Man, your neighbor is d-bag!!! Sorry soulsea.......
Old 07-22-2018, 11:20 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Eh, it's alright ... he's a nice man and a great neighbor.

He's wanted one of these for a long time and he plans to keep it a lot longer than I will keep mine, and in the end it's his money, and if it makes him happy then it's all good.

I'm not thrilled about it but I'll be ok.

That is as soon as I can decide tween non WP white or chalk in the next 24hrs.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:29 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Eh, it's alright ... he's a nice man and a great neighbor.

He's wanted one of these for a long time and he plans to keep it a lot longer than I will keep mine, and in the end it's his money, and if it makes him happy then it's all good.

I'm not thrilled about it but I'll be ok.

That is as soon as I can decide tween non WP white or chalk in the next 24hrs.

ha. Its understandable up to the point that you ask him to back off your exact build and he refuses.....! But, gotta keep peace with the neighbors.... Good luck on your selection.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Takuya
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can have question about the status of my order? My order of WP is V200 from May 29th for Oct delivery. And the build was locked on July 21st. But when i asked my sale guy to confirm that if the build was locked yet or not on yesterday, he said my WP build will lock on Sept now and for late Nov delivery? So i don't know if my WP build already submitted or not yet? or it may get delay again on Sept?? Thanks!

P.s. in USA
Old 07-23-2018, 01:53 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams955
Chris,

Thanks for all your observations. One thing I noticed looking your car is rake/fender gap on the front compared to our 991.1 RS's. It is much less on the .2

Curious - do you have your car spec'ed with FAL?

- Chris "H".
yes, it has FAL.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS