Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 05:08 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Trk8
Technically not limited by porsche. Dealers are creating pent up demand by restricting orders unlesss buyers are coerced into adm. That is why there are more dealer spec cars on showroom than in garages. 1:3 ratio. Dealers are doing the old “wallstreet” boiler room tactics. Market makers of auto industry.
BS. My dealer already knows how many allocations they're getting through August.

Are dealers speccing cars to sell on their own for an ADM? Sure.

...but limits to supply due to government regulations and production capacity have more to do with this then the dealers.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Trk8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
BS. My dealer already knows how many allocations they're getting through August.

Are dealers speccing cars to sell on their own for an ADM? Sure.

...but limits to supply due to government regulations and production capacity have more to do with this then the dealers.
NO BS. I got my PTS allocation specced my way . No names here. They get surprises delivered cars . Ex gt3 came in manual not specced by dealer. if you want , PM me. The ratio is just a observation from a particular dealership . Spoken car vs ones waiting for buyer. Don't take things so literally,lol.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Some dealers are definitely speccing cars just to shop them with ADMS.

I get offered (from a few different brokers ) 1-3 GT3’s a week at 25-30k over.

Allocation is 100% tied to 911 sales volume, and as such I need to sell more 911’s in order to grow my premium (turbo/GT) business.

Each store has their own challenge. Mine is taking a 1-3 GT car allocation store and turning it into a 20 allocation store. In order to do that I need to sell 50+ 911’s a year. We can’t simply make a list and get all the cars we want.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Trk8
Advanced

Sorry for confusion. What I was ranting about re: certain dealership's sales practice. Certainly production of gt3 cars are tied to basic models sales volume. It would be upside down if porsche produce more gt3 than regular models. How would it look to have more volume of special cars compare to reg model? In a sense it is limited but some of the overly hyped demand is caused by the sales practice. Its common knowledge people want what they can't get. If you can't get FUGLY it will be the new "in". This Christmas latest toy craze is prime example. Do you have the latest pet monkey toy for you stockings ?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Sylvainsm
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at Beverly Hills Porsche yesterday signing paperwork and they had about 6 GT3s there. Some sold and others I could not tell.

I saw Guard red, chalk, black, another agate grey and a white one. Just thought I would share.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:36 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvainsm
I was at Beverly Hills Porsche yesterday signing paperwork and they had about 6 GT3s there. Some sold and others I could not tell....
Ill bet all sold. I was there about a month ago and SA could not help but name drop all his celebrity / athlete / Hollywood clients and how often they switch cars.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:36 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Allocation is 100% tied to 911 sales volume, and as such I need to sell more 911’s in order to grow my premium (turbo/GT) business.

Each store has their own challenge. Mine is taking a 1-3 GT car allocation store and turning it into a 20 allocation store. In order to do that I need to sell 50+ 911’s a year. We can’t simply make a list and get all the cars we want.
My dealer is tiny, only has about 20 new cars at time. I am fortunate they get at least 1 GT allocation per cycle, but I usually have to sweat it out. But for no ADM its worth the wait. I am hoping they can get one 991.2 GT3 RS.. fingers crossed
Old 11-14-2017, 05:45 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

We all know that Porsche’s GT car production/distribution model is ‘broken’, whether by design or due to greedy dealers and ADMs. Great dealers like yourself can’t get the number of high demand GT cars you could sell easily at MSRP because Porsche mandates you sell the ‘lesser’ versions of the 911; (still great cars obviously), that aren’t in high demand, especially at the price points those non-GT variants have reached versus the competition. Why Porsche doesn’t shift production predominantly towards the 911 versions that exhibit very strong demand is beyond me. Porsche gets to sell more expensive 911’s and makes more money; you get more GT cars hence allowing you to sell more and make more money; and potential owners get far more access to the types of 911s they actually want without paying ADMs or having to wait years, etc.

I understand that the GT cars need various differing components that can’t be sourced ‘immediately’, but within 6-12 months I bet that Porsche could get all of their suppliers behind this shift easily.

Bish
Old 11-14-2017, 07:33 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

When the GT4 was launched PAG had estimated 1000 cars for production. When demand increased they built 6k. I hope they increase GT3 builds in the sam ratio. PNA is in Germany asking for more GT3s.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:04 PM
ryem3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thebishman
We all know that Porsche’s GT car production/distribution model is ‘broken’, whether by design or due to greedy dealers and ADMs. Great dealers like yourself can’t get the number of high demand GT cars you could sell easily at MSRP because Porsche mandates you sell the ‘lesser’ versions of the 911; (still great cars obviously), that aren’t in high demand, especially at the price points those non-GT variants have reached versus the competition. Why Porsche doesn’t shift production predominantly towards the 911 versions that exhibit very strong demand is beyond me. Porsche gets to sell more expensive 911’s and makes more money; you get more GT cars hence allowing you to sell more and make more money; and potential owners get far more access to the types of 911s they actually want without paying ADMs or having to wait years, etc.

I understand that the GT cars need various differing components that can’t be sourced ‘immediately’, but within 6-12 months I bet that Porsche could get all of their suppliers behind this shift easily.

Bish
I'll just throw this in with no malice intended. Porsche is not a sports car company anymore. It is an SUV company. Is it really making money off 911s? Yes, but nothing touching Cayenne and Mecan numbers. And GT cars? These are halo cars and I doubt they mean anything to revenue or profits.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:15 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Here's another one I stumbled across...
https://mckenna.porschedealer.com/in...i+Blue+1471817
Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ryem3
I'll just throw this in with no malice intended. Porsche is not a sports car company anymore. It is an SUV company. Is it really making money off 911s? Yes, but nothing touching Cayenne and Mecan numbers. And GT cars? These are halo cars and I doubt they mean anything to revenue or profits.
PCNA: Hey Germans, we would like more GT cars. They sell before they even hit the lot and would boost brand loyalty and retention. What do you think?

Germans: No, we're a SUV company. It doesn't matter if half of them sit on the lots for months and the only way you get people to buy them is with the promise of a MSRP GT car.

VWAG needs money, they will take it whenever they can get it. They will build as many GT cars as humanly possible. They also know that luxury items are a cyclical good, and this cycle is getting a little long in the tooth. They will strike while the iron is hot.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Newport Beach porsche has this GT3 available. PDK. 149k + 25k. Sales advisor Matthew Chis. No affiliation, just my local dealer
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:59 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ryem3
[GT cars]... are halo cars and I doubt they mean anything to revenue or profits.
Addressing your doubts, GT cars have a uuuge impact on revenue. Potentially.

Looking at just the GT2 RS - they plan on producing, about, 3000 of these cars. At an average sale price of, say, $300,000.00 per car that comes to a revenue stream of $900,000,000.00.

There are enough zero's there to make any company on the planet drool with envy. And that's just one GT car production.

Addendum: GT3 North America sales so far this year is 801, sold at an average of about 150K per car which is $120,150,000.00. That's NA only and the year is just getting started.

Last edited by fuddman; 11-15-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old 11-15-2017, 07:49 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by trice9
build sheet and pic for anyone interested. they are trying to get $30k over. Had offer for $20k but passed. so clearly my msrp offer didn't work. i would think the 18 ways and steel (both of which I want) would narrow the audience for those willing to pay adm.

fwiw, i didn't like the black door handles, nor the painted side skirts.

Sales guy called me. Sounds like they aren’t gettting 30 over and the 20 over offer is gone. Made it sound like 15 over could take it if any of you are interested.

There seems to be enough data points recently that big adm’s just really aren’t holding. Patience will be rewarded.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM