Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 03:18 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Over a period of a few months after the release of the 981/991 platforms, we discovered a common complaint amongst our clients driving and tracking various cars equipped with the new Carbon Fiber Lightweight Bucket Seats. They were uncomfortable! Especially when wearing a helmet, and even more so when using a HANS device, the issue is that the seat is too upright causing your head to be tilted forward and down, you’re left having to look up slightly to have proper visibility out the front of the car. In addition to being bothersome and uncomfortable, having your neck in this position all day can become rather tiring after a long day at the track.

After doing some research with our contacts in the industry, we discovered that due to new DOT regulations OE seats are now required to have a minimum distance between your head and the headrest. Vehicle manufacturers get around this and maintain comfort by making the headrest adjustable. Unfortunately with non-adjustable headrests like on the new LWBS, the comfort issue arises and this had led to many complaints.

After testing a multitude of different options, we settled on a design for a precisely engineered longer/angled pivot arm. The pivot arm is what the seat rotates on that increases and decreases the height of the seat when you push the button to raise or lower it. Our pivot arm changes the axis of that pivot and causes the seat to angle back further, raising the front of the seat up about 1.5 inches more and tilting the top of the seat back another 2 inches. You are still able to mount the seat normally without any modifications to the bolts or putting spacers in that could cause any potential change in structural safety. There is no change to any of the seat functions. Our Seat Angle Adjusters are made from high-tensile steel with a black E-Coat to ensure durability of the material and finish. Expect about an hour installation time per seat which can be completed by a mechanically savvy individual. Just make sure there is no power on in the car so you don’t trigger the air bag lights when you unplug the seats for removal. Our Seat Angle Adjusters do come with complete installation instructions and tech help is available.

The results have been nothing short of spectacular, and so popular we have sold hundreds just through initial word of mouth. Not only is visibility and head room now right where it needs to be (even when wearing a helmet and HANS), the angle of the seat is much more supportive and comfortable and full electronic height adjustability is still maintained. They have also proven very popular in the passenger seat as your significant other really appreciates the additional comfort on those long drives. We recommend installing them in both the driver and passenger seats. It will maintain the same aesthetics between the seats, providing the same benefits on track for an instructor/passenger or yourself if you happen to be co-piloting. Plus, you don’t end up with your significant other being upset when she finds out your seat is much more comfortable than hers. Get a set (or two), install them, enjoy them, tell all your friends, and most importantly…”Trust the Kiwi”

Fitment: All Porsche models equipped with the new 981/991/918 Carbon Fiber Lightweight Sport Bucket Seats, including but not limited to the following.

• 918 Spyder
  • 991 911R
  • 991.1/991.2 GT3
  • 991.1/991.2 GT3RS
  • 981 GT4
  • 981 Spyder
Price: $149.95 per seat

If you have any questions or are interested in placing an order, please feel free to PM me, email me at john@autoquestms.com, or call me at 484 883 6197 (Cell) or 239 432 1700 (Work, just ask for John). Also, if you are in Florida give me a shout! I'd love to meet up with some of the locals, or those that are visiting the area.

(Stock)

(AutoQuest)

Last edited by AutoQuest Motorsports; 10-25-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:47 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

My second trip to the post office yesterday shipping out seat angle adjusters, thank you all very much for the business!

Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM
drivenlife
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i understand what it is that you are selling from the description but i would still like to see what it is exactly i am buying..
Old 08-19-2017, 01:04 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drivenlife
i understand what it is that you are selling from the description but i would still like to see what it is exactly i am buying..
Hey drivenlife! Sorry I didn't notice your post earlier, sending you over a PM now : )
Old 08-20-2017, 06:05 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here, please send what/how the part works. Can install it easily and does it require any modifications to stock parts? Why not post a pic.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:08 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports
Hey drivenlife! Sorry I didn't notice your post earlier, sending you over a PM now : )
Originally Posted by consolidated
Same here, please send what/how the part works. Can install it easily and does it require any modifications to stock parts? Why not post a pic.
Me, too! Please send me information on how the part works, and what it looks like.

Also, please say, "Hi!" to Gavin for me. My first driving school experience was with Gavin at a Panoz week at Sebring. A blast!
Old 08-21-2017, 12:12 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

I would be interested to learn more about this product as well
Old 08-21-2017, 01:24 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by consolidated
Originally Posted by bellatrix
Me, too! Please send me information on how the part works, and what it looks like.

Also, please say, "Hi!" to Gavin for me. My first driving school experience was with Gavin at a Panoz week at Sebring. A blast!
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
I would be interested to learn more about this product as well
Hey Guys!

My email is john@autoquestms.com for a more immediate response for additional pictures/install instructions.

For your reference, we spent a long time on R&D to determine the correct route to pursue resolving the issue, and numerous revisions making the pivot arm the perfect length and angle. Unlike our patent pending multi-link rear suspension or custom made shorter final drive ratio, this is a product that we risk having copied by competitors as we know there are those in the industry that have tried and failed to figure out the solution. This is why we haven't posted any public pictures of the product, in order to give ours a chance to take hold in the market.

That being said, I have no problem sending you the installation instructions to review which include pictures of our pivot arms. They are in PDF form which I can't attach in a message, hence the email but i'll PM you guys to discuss that
Old 08-24-2017, 12:55 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Delete
Old 08-29-2017, 06:26 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

I've already worked with John to get one of my GT4 customers a set of these, this is R&D and problem solving for real-world issues at its best!

The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (01-11-2021)
Old 09-05-2017, 08:58 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

I just had these installed on my RS. This is a very good and simply elegant solution of the upright seat back and headrest. For me, this position is comfortable right away. THIS is how the seat position should have been from the factory. Great job AutoQuest!
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (01-11-2021)
Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Great idea.

What is the seat back and seat base tilt in lowest position? Is the degree of tilt related to how much the seat is raised?
Old 09-06-2017, 12:07 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Great idea.

What is the seat back and seat base tilt in lowest position? Is the degree of tilt related to how much the seat is raised?
It changes slightly with the seat height. Seemed to be the most tilt all the way down. That being said it wasn't that big of difference that I could tell.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:40 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Jason
I've already worked with John to get one of my GT4 customers a set of these, this is R&D and problem solving for real-world issues at its best!
Tell Todd I said hello! Has he tried them out yet? : )

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
I just had these installed on my RS. This is a very good and simply elegant solution of the upright seat back and headrest. For me, this position is comfortable right away. THIS is how the seat position should have been from the factory. Great job AutoQuest!
David thank you for the excellent feedback! I'm very happy to hear you are enjoying them as much as we all have. Once the hurricane season settles down, think about making a trip to Florida as we'd love to have you and we can hit Sebring together
Old 09-29-2017, 03:44 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Yesterday I received our latest batch and shipped out all the existing preorders for our seat angle adjusters. There were so many that we went through almost the whole batch! Thank you all very much for your patience while we get back on our feet from Irma. It has definitely been a difficult time, but spirits are high and our remodeling will be better than before. Have a great upcoming weekend! : )

Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS