Sponsored by:

AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 11:19 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NWFreerider
I got my car this past August, and immediately did several long weekend drives in the 500+ mile range. The stock position of the seats was definitely too upright. I did one track day and I had the seat in the lowest position to maximize the "recline". I discovered the seat angle adjusters in about November and once I installed them, the seats went from tolerable to "why didn't Porsche make them like this?". I have only had several drives because of the weather but driving the car is much more enjoyable and 600 mile trips and track days will be welcomed once the NW weather lets up.
I appreciate you saying so, and I hope that NW weather clears up soon for you to enjoy the car more : )

Originally Posted by 1963SWC
I ordered the angle adjusters a few weeks ago, even before my car arrived.....put them on the shelf.....installed today "because I had them and it was raining." Honestly, I enjoyed driving the car prior to the install and did not expect much change seeing as the replacement parts are basically identical to the original part besides being slightly longer. I was wrong (and obviously should have paid better attention in geometry when discussing arc angles, radii, etc...).
Other notes: the pdf instructions John provided gave sufficient guidance to get the job done and I called him just prior to beginning the job to make sure he was available if I ran into an issue. I removed a few extra items from the seat base than the instructions advised but it may have been because the person who assembled my car was very frugal with wiring length. Passenger seat took 45 minutes; driver seat took 15. I took an extra few minutes per seat to remove the sticker from the back (that with blow dryer, pull, clean with WD-40) and vacuum the rear area.
If you are on the fence about purchasing and installing these, just do it.
Thanks for chiming in with your feedback Chris, and kudos on the quick install! Nice little tip on the sticker removal, i'll keep that in mind : )

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
^^^^ The recline also changes with seat height, right? The lower the seat, the more recline?
That is correct. Approximately .5in of change between full low and full high, less recline as you raise and more as you lower.

Originally Posted by Gravs
Mine did this too. Initially thought I had done something wrong. I always have seat in lowest position and that's where it was when I took it out to for these. So I installed them in the binded to the rails position and couldn't move the seat.

For the record, at full low the back of the seat hits the rails and the seat won't slide fore and aft. A couple of mm up and I get a clank over bumps as I think the back of the seat makes momentary contact with the rails as it flexes. A couple more mm up and it's ok.

Spoke to John and they managed to replicate the problem but said they had not noticed it before (am I the only one who has his seat at full low??). He also worked out how much shorter he could make them to avoid this problem and I think it was about 25% of the extension they added.

Would still recommend these as the seat was just horrible before and is now great.
Originally Posted by awew911
You are correct. I experienced the same 'bump'. When lowering the seat to the min position, that rear bar hits the rails. Push it back and it falls off the rail, creating the 'bump' feel.

It's because of where the rear pivot point is on the geometry which lowers that rear bar closer to the rail.

And John JUST called me on a Saturday afternoon (talk about good customer service) to confirm that I was not crazy. That this, indeed, was a rare case. These seats are probably built within spec and we must have some seats that are on the fringe of the +/- tolerance.

All good.. Raise the seat 2 mm and smooth as can be.

Heading to Sebring next weekend and looking forward to a neck pain free experience.

Thank you, John, for the pro-active follow-up!
Paul/Erez it was nice chatting with you both and I'm glad we were able to replicate and provide some guidance in regards to the concern. To combat the occurrence, raising the seat a few mm is a small sacrifice for maximizing the seat recline. Therefore, we've decided to maintain the length of our adjusters to provide the most recline and comfort possible in the car, and our install instructions now have a troubleshooting section for those that may run into the same situation. Thank you for your time and your patience! : )
Old 02-19-2018, 10:41 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 140 Posts

Just got back from Sebring and tried these out for the first time. What a different experience. No neck pain. If you wear a helmet / hans in your GT3/GT4/RS, these are a MUST.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:36 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Just got back from Sebring and tried these out for the first time. What a different experience. No neck pain. If you wear a helmet / hans in your GT3/GT4/RS, these are a MUST.
I appreciate you saying so Erez. It is great to hear you are putting them to good use : )
Old 03-08-2018, 11:13 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

We will be adding some reviews of this product to our website soon. If you have some time, please feel free to email me over a testimonial : )
Old 03-08-2018, 12:10 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Ok, these things should be in EVERY CAR WITH BUCKET SEATS. They took a seat that's pretty one purpose (helmet angle aside for track days even), to a completely dual purpose seat. These things have made my RS flat out comfortable to be in for however many hours I'd want to be in a car. Plus the guys are awesome with helping for install. John really rocks, and so does the product. I'm going to order a set for my 911R as well.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:43 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did a 6.5 hour drive x 2 this weekend to put some break in miles on my .2. No discomfort or back pain at all with these angle adjusters in the car. Great for the track; great for road trips - agree these should be standard equipment!
Old 03-12-2018, 06:51 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,031 Likes on 2,299 Posts

+991
Old 03-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Ok, these things should be in EVERY CAR WITH BUCKET SEATS. They took a seat that's pretty one purpose (helmet angle aside for track days even), to a completely dual purpose seat. These things have made my RS flat out comfortable to be in for however many hours I'd want to be in a car. Plus the guys are awesome with helping for install. John really rocks, and so does the product. I'm going to order a set for my 911R as well.
What a fantastic review, thanks sechsgang! It was great working with you and Jesse, and glad to hear all the guys at the shop got a kick out of the difference : ) I hope you catch a break from snow up there so you can get some more seat time haha.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:18 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

We just ran out of stock, but fear not the next batch is coming soon and we are taking preorders : )
Old 03-21-2018, 12:25 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Can someone explain objectively why this is a "must"? How does pushing the head back by 2" make such a monumental difference that it is deemed necessary. Especially if you are not wearing a helmet.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

They just feel bolt upright which is a bit odd feeling and tiring after a while.

They're so upright that almost all your weight is taken on your buttocks, which makes me pretty sore there after only an hour.

Tilt them back a bit and both those problems go away instantly. They still feel flipping upright but just not weirdly and uncomfortably so.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:54 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Can someone explain objectively why this is a "must"? How does pushing the head back by 2" make such a monumental difference that it is deemed necessary. Especially if you are not wearing a helmet.
The stock LWB angle is just wrong. Doesn't allow back to relax, Head is tilted forward, no thigh support. Then you use these and blammo, it all clicks into place. il
Old 03-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
The stock LWB angle is just wrong. Doesn't allow back to relax, Head is tilted forward, no thigh support. Then you use these and blammo, it all clicks into place. il
Lol excellent quote for Autoquest!
Old 03-21-2018, 02:43 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravs
Lol excellent quote for Autoquest!
They pay me by the post.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:24 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
They pay me by the post.
But only in Trident Layers, let's make that clear lol

Quick Reply: AutoQuest Motorsport - 991/981/918 Seat Angle Adjusters for Carbon Fiber LWBS