Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by esse10229
My order changed to V180
Grigio Telesto

However, the request of painted key was denied.
As for now, I have standard wheel, still debating whether I should add black wheels and LED headlight. Any advice ?
Haven’t seen and can’t find pics of any example Porsche in that color with silver wheels or non-black headlights. Here are couple pics below of an RS and GT4 in your color, the RS w/black wheels and the GT4 with platinum wheels. Both have black headlights (RS has LEDs; GT4 has PDLS which are darker but not ask black as blaxk LEDs).

Supposs it depends a bit on whether you have PCCBs or not, but my personal opinion is that if you’re going to go silver on the wheels, go bright silver, which is the Satin Aluminum wheels, as long as you get PCCBs since the Satin Aluminum wheels, which are bright silver matte, will show brake dust very easily if you has standard brakes.

Your PTS color is dark enough that the contrast with bright silver wheels should look good IMO. And it’d also probably be more rare since it seems virtually every pic online of any car in that color, whether Porsche or Lambo, has black wheels.

If if you go silver wheels, maybe also consider complimenting with standard (not “PDLS” nor LED black) headlights. If you go with platinum wheels, then the PDLS (not LED black) would compliment the wheel color best. If you go with black wheels, then probably the LED black headlights would look best in combination with that.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:48 PM
esse10229
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Lapis for the input. I order steel brake and non-LED PDLS.
For the "cheaper" PDLS, there isn't a black housing option, should I assume it is silver or just less black ?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:05 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by esse10229
Thanks Lapis for the input. I order steel brake and non-LED PDLS.
For the "cheaper" PDLS, there isn't a black housing option, should I assume it is silver or just less black ?
The base headlight has grey insides, when you spec PDLS the insides turn black. With LEDs you get grey or LEDs in black.

So what you have is black. I went through this as I did not want black headlights.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
The base headlight has grey insides, when you spec PDLS the insides turn black. With LEDs you get grey or LEDs in black.

So what you have is black. I went through this as I did not want black headlights.
The “PDLS” headlight option has darker housing than the standard bi-xenon (non-PDLS) headlights, basically a slate grey ring with darker grey insides, but not the black ring and black insides of the LED Black headlight option.

I prefer the bi-xenon PDLS to the LED for the right 4-point square daylight running lights they have vs the wider spaces DRLs in the larger ring of the LED headlights.

Anyway, why don’t you do PDLS (not LED) headlights with platinum wheels, then? It’ll look nice, compliment each other well, and the platinum wheels will do a nice job of de-emphasizing brake dust vs the standard silver wheels. It will also be less common than black wheels on that PTS color.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:03 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

PDLS has black interior housing walls, but chrome projector / reflector, and gray outer ring.

Originally Posted by Lapis
The “PDLS” headlight option has darker housing than the standard bi-xenon (non-PDLS) headlights, basically a slate grey ring with darker grey insides, but not the black ring and black insides of the LED Black headlight option.

I prefer the bi-xenon PDLS to the LED for the right 4-point square daylight running lights they have vs the wider spaces DRLs in the larger ring of the LED headlights.

Anyway, why don’t you do PDLS (not LED) headlights with platinum wheels, then? It’ll look nice, compliment each other well, and the platinum wheels will do a nice job of de-emphasizing brake dust vs the standard silver wheels. It will also be less common than black wheels on that PTS color.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:10 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I checked the radio delete, however, my dealer says it will almost likely be rejected (probably in addition to my PTS) lol

Old 10-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts
Default I thought about that too...

brave man, deleting the radio, I thought about that also, but as I understand it, it deletes *everything* the whole PCM enchilada
which is probably a negative if you want to resell at some point.

Not too mention if you want to use the "track app" you need the PCM...

I did not bother with Bose etc though ... engine should be a suitable sound track for every occasion!
Old 10-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

+1. Why do a radio delete? Just turn it off. Let's not kid ourselves that the weight difference is meaningful. Unless one's hurting for cubby space in the car?

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
brave man, deleting the radio, I thought about that also, but as I understand it, it deletes *everything* the whole PCM enchilada
which is probably a negative if you want to resell at some point.

Not too mention if you want to use the "track app" you need the PCM...

I did not bother with Bose etc though ... engine should be a suitable sound track for every occasion!
The following users liked this post:
OTM (12-28-2019)
Old 10-14-2017, 09:03 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Not going for the whole lightweight thing but I hate the radio in my GTS. Rarely use it & would prefer the shelf. Don’t care of re sale value either. I don’t sell my P cars. These are keepers for me.

I’m actually having the radio removed from my GTS & installing the self too lol
Old 10-15-2017, 01:40 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Love that you are getting radio delete. When is your build? Someone posted the cut off for rear camera which is the only reason I can see it being denied.

I would consider AC delete if it was available (it’s not, probably to keep the GT3 heavier than an R), but I like my tunes.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:46 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Love that you are getting radio delete. When is your build? Someone posted the cut off for rear camera which is the only reason I can see it being denied.

I would consider AC delete if it was available (it’s not, probably to keep the GT3 heavier than an R), but I like my tunes.
All I know is it is a May allocation and the radio delete can not be ordered after May 8th (I believe). So cutting it very, very close. If AC delete was an option, I'd get it also. These cars are my weekend toys. Porsche can keep what I don't want/need.

If I can't get it (which is not a big deal honestly) I will just get the shelf again and remove it and put it in my garage to gather dust lol.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
+1. Why do a radio delete? Just turn it off. Let's not kid ourselves that the weight difference is meaningful. Unless one's hurting for cubby space in the car?
WHEN I pick radio delete, i get ERROR msg.

radio delete not for wt saving. the screen and the really horrible GPS drives me nuts. turning it off, the screen is still there just not lit. it's just me....
Old 10-15-2017, 01:44 PM
FTK
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Of course no one can answer this definitively, its all opinion!

What's more important to you worst case, touring or PTS?

My opinion is that if I have an approved GT3 PTS spot, leave well alone, if you change it to touring, it will probably cancel
the PTS since its not officially available yet for the touring
option (and who knows if it ever actually will be).

You can delay the change to touring until your order locks, your SA just has to stay on top of the order to make sure that
it does not lock w/o you having the option to tick the touring
box beforehand...

my $0.02

Thanks. That's what I'll probably do. Staying with the PTS for the GT3 and hunting for a second quote for an additional Touring. If I get another quote I'll maybe change manual to PDK for the GT3.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

just got off the phone w/ my dealer. he called PCNA and confirmed my radio delete. it has to be an April build NOT May for it to go through--so now my order is in April

sweetness
Old 10-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
just got off the phone w/ my dealer. he called PCNA and confirmed my radio delete. it has to be an April build NOT May for it to go through--so now my order is in April

sweetness
I wonder why they withdrew the option?

I assume no news on V180->V2xx while they were on the phone?

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order