Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman with PASM and Sport Chrono Pkg...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cayman with PASM and Sport Chrono Pkg...

Am trying to find s car so equipped at a dealer in Fl to drive and can't find a one! PASM is not indicated by any other name is it...Sport Chronos are around but no PASM, with or without the chrono pkg. Any ideas? Thanks much.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Don't let that stop you. I really like PASM, it does make noticeable difference, but I could have done without it as well.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Oh I won't...just suprised that none are around...sorta makes me wonder what's available at all and if the current discounts being offered will apply...just thought that a local dealer lot here in Fl. might have something. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Cars equipped with PASM seem to be pretty scarce. I got lucky and found mine on a dealer's lot, but it was the only one I could find within 100 miles of Boston. Of course, it can be ordered if you are willing to wait.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like few dealers are willing to spec it for an inventory car. It's an expensive option and most of the casual buyers aren't willing to pay the $$ for something they can't see (like "full leather" interior) and most casual buyers won't appreciate the ride difference.

Get PASM if you want 19" wheels, or if you intend to autocross your car or do occasional track days. But you'll probably have to do a factory order (like I did) if you want PASM.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The Web site for Porsche of Nashua NH (where I bought mine) says they have a Cayman S with PASM (but no Sport Chrono) in stock: http://www.porschenashua.com/new-inv...seHistory=true. It looks like it has the standard 18" wheels.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Shane D
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mambodoc
Am trying to find s car so equipped at a dealer in Fl to drive and can't find a one! PASM is not indicated by any other name is it...Sport Chronos are around but no PASM, with or without the chrono pkg. Any ideas? Thanks much.
They have several Caymans at Orlando Porsche, but I could not tell if they had PASM or not. I was cruising the lot for five to ten minutes and finally one guy came out of the shop. He looked at the blue Cayman I had checked out, looked at me and went back inside???
Maybe it was because of my rental (red convertible vette) car?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Default Thanks and size...

Thanks everyone...I'll keep looking. Do you thing an "ordered" model will be discounted as one is on the lot? Silly question but any idea if an electric guitar case will fit into either luggage well? Talking a flat sided case electric bass case...I'll get measurements...at some point I'll drive one as well...hope to arrange a loaner when I drop off my Cayenne for service next week.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 PM
AgRosa Brad
Advanced

Default PASM standard on upcoming Cayman S Sport

If you can't find anything right away, within a month or so, the Cayman S Sport should be on the ground with PASM standard.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:35 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

A PCA Rennsport region member has a Cayman S with Sport Chrono / PASM listed in the classifieds ...

http://www.rennsport.ca/engine/index...id=3&Itemid=30

He brought it in to Canada from the US but I suppose you could bring it back ... :-)

Quick Reply: Cayman with PASM and Sport Chrono Pkg...