Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Pipe exhaust for 987.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 01:46 PM
SomnoBoost
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Question X-Pipe exhaust for 987.2

Hey all,
I'm looking to buy X-Pipe and tips for my 987.2 and am wondering if anyone knows what would be the best place to purchase new. I see lots of places offering them, various brands, for the same price. Does anyone have an "in" on a discount code or Rennelist discount? Soul, Fabspeed, etc... I would love to find some used ones but I'm not seeing any around so I'm looking for the best place to buy new.

Thanks!

Last edited by SomnoBoost; 08-13-2020 at 02:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SomnoBoost:
Fabspeed Motorsport (08-13-2020), Soul Performance (08-12-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Momentum Worx
Former Vendor

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by SomnoBoost
Hey all,
I'm looking to buy X-Pipe tips for my 987.2 and am wondering if anyone knows what would be the best place to purchase new. I see lots of places offering them, various brandsr, for the same price. Does anyone have an "in" on a discount code or Rennelist discount? Soul, Fabspeed, etc... I would love to find some used ones but I'm not seeing any around so I'm looking for the best place to buy new.

Thanks!
Which style/finish are you looking for? Black, Polished, Satin?

Shoot me an email or PM, I have a few options for you!
Old 08-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 693 Likes on 440 Posts

Hey all,
I'm looking to buy X-Pipe and tips for my 987.2 and am wondering if anyone knows what would be the best place to purchase new. I see lots of places offering them, various brands, for the same price. Does anyone have an "in" on a discount code or Rennelist discount? Soul, Fabspeed, etc... I would love to find some used ones but I'm not seeing any around so I'm looking for the best place to buy new.

Thanks!
If you are looking for a TRUE X-Pipe, give us a call! Fabspeed Motorsport utilizes nothing but the best, hand crafted X-pipe with multiple different tip options that will spruce up the look of your car as well as change some exhaust note! We fabricate this X-pipe in house, cover the system under a lifetime warranty, and usually can have a set fabricated and out to you within a day or so! Take a look at this VERY informative video below and feel free to shoot us a PM for forum pricing!!

The following users liked this post:
CaymanCarver (08-17-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 04:05 AM
Croc999
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't go wrong with Fabspeed.

I had BC Dream2 and they were great too - definitely a bit more sound and bit more engine poke.
http://www.bcvelocityexhaust.com/Tech.html
The following 2 users liked this post by Croc999:
CaymanCarver (08-17-2020), Fabspeed Motorsport (08-20-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 03:32 PM
SomnoBoost
Instructor

I ended up going with the Fabspeed X-Pipe. I will be posting some comparisons to OEM when I get it installed later this week.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:35 AM
Liongolfer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
If you are looking for a TRUE X-Pipe, give us a call! Fabspeed Motorsport utilizes nothing but the best, hand crafted X-pipe with multiple different tip options that will spruce up the look of your car as well as change some exhaust note! We fabricate this X-pipe in house, cover the system under a lifetime warranty, and usually can have a set fabricated and out to you within a day or so! Take a look at this VERY informative video below and feel free to shoot us a PM for forum pricing!!

Fabspeed True X-pipe
"7-8hp guaranteed" solely from changing to these X pipes?
Old 08-18-2020, 01:24 AM
Mansu944
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I ALWAYS found this very hard to believe.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:30 AM
SomnoBoost
Instructor

Well I will have mine installed by Friday so I'll give my 2 cents. I won't be doing any dyno stuff but if I feel any added pep, I'll let you all know. I'd say it would take at least 7-8 HP increase for the butt dyno to notice any difference at all so if I feel something I didn't before, maybe 7-8 gain is true.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:31 PM
SomnoBoost
Instructor

Got the Fabspeed X-Pipe installed today. Right away I notice a difference in the sound. I nice low growl and a deeper idle and low rev. More of a change than I expected. Granted, I have the Carnewal GT exhaust so I don't know what it does to stock mufflers. I feel like there is a difference in the feel of the car. It doesn't feel more powerful but it feels smoother acceleration through the lower RPMs.
Now let's talk about the looks.... WOW!! What an improvement over the ugly alien head tip. Looks more like a sports car should. Porsche has to be regretting this design. It's the single flaw in the 987.2 styling.
I'm a believer and it's definitely worth the price. ​​​​​​I'm making a before/after sound comparison as we speak. No doubt the exhaust note will improve with some miles added so I will post in updated video after 500 miles.

BIZ

Last edited by SomnoBoost; 08-20-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Croc999 (08-23-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Kuro Neko
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,792 Likes on 677 Posts

Got the Fabspeed X-Pipe installed today. Right away I notice a difference in the sound. I nice low growl and a deeper idle and low rev. More of a change than I expected. Granted, I have the Carnewal GT exhaust so I don't know what it does to stock mufflers. I feel like there is a difference in the feel of the car. It doesn't feel more powerful but it feels smoother acceleration through the lower RPMs.
Now let's talk about the looks.... WOW!! What an improvement over the ugly alien head tip. Looks more like a sports car should. Porsche has to be regretting this design. It's the single flaw in the 987.2 styling.
I'm a believer and it's definitely worth the price. ​​​​​​I'm making a before/after sound comparison as we speak. No doubt the exhaust note will improve with some miles added so I will post in updated video after 500 miles.
BIZ
Same config here:
Soul X-pipe and Carnewall, great combo!

More here.
See ya!
Soul Performance (08-21-2020)

Quick Reply: X-Pipe exhaust for 987.2