Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident in Boise, Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:46 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The seven speed related offenses he didn't fix in Alaska aren't going to help
Old 09-21-2017, 09:50 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
The seven speed related offenses he didn't fix in Alaska aren't going to help
Doesn't say that they're outstanding, only that he had seven speeding tickets, unless I'm reading it wrong. Still, unless they're old and over many years, sounds like he has some issues with self control and/or situational awareness. But then I think we knew that already.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:01 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
.....Hopefully douche spent time insuring himself well and his money hiding skills are equal to his driving.....
Afraid not. I would expect the lawyers are salivating.

http://www.drennoninc.com/about-us/

Constructions and Consulting Inc. is a family owned, Alaskan based, civil construction company formed in Fairbanks, Alaska during the spring of 2005. Formed by president Roy Drennon, and V.P. Tara Drennon, after an opportunity to branch out on their own was realized when their first contract with URS came about, this contract would ultimately provide QAR/QC, and Engineering services, for the construction of the New Bassett Hospital on Ft. Wainwright, Alaska for the next five years. Having grown up in interior Alaska, Mr. Drennon along with Mrs. Drennon and their two young children where quick to jump at the opportunity of moving home to the small town feel of Fairbanks to raise their children, this opportunity was provided in 2000 by Mr. Drennon’s employer at the time, and would be a catalyst to build a new home and start a new life. This new life would come in the form of a promotion to project manager, managing the outside plant maintenance, upgrades, and emergency response, on GCI’s recently acquired fiber optic system running from Valdez to Dead horse Alaska. Over the next 5 years Mr. Drennon would go on to successfully manage over 1000 live exposures of GCI’s fiber optic system for O and M work, without a single strike to GCI’s live system. These upgrades over the years ultimately provided GCI with a much more dependable system, and efficient system, operating with little disruption to this day.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:46 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Doesn't say that they're outstanding, only that he had seven speeding tickets, unless I'm reading it wrong. Still, unless they're old and over many years, sounds like he has some issues with self control and/or situational awareness. But then I think we knew that already.
When you fix them they do not show up as speeding offenses, that's the entire point of fixing them.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

When you fix them they do not show up as speeding offenses, that's the entire point of fixing them.
What are you talking about? You're saying he should have gotten out of them? Nothing douchier in my book than avoiding a valid ticket by paying some bottom feeding lawyer to play games. But personal responsibility seems to be a dying art these days.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Who knows how many others he “fixed”. You only get so many chances to wipe things clean before they don’t allow it going forward....
Old 09-22-2017, 10:39 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

What are you talking about? You're saying he should have gotten out of them? Nothing douchier in my book than avoiding a valid ticket by paying some bottom feeding lawyer to play games. But personal responsibility seems to be a dying art these days.

Then enjoy your higher insurance rates, I'm all for altruism but not with tickets. Getting a ticket for six miles over (which is easy to do at times depending on where you are) is revenue generation and merely another state tax. What do you suppose happens when someone holding the "brass pass" gets pulled over? I'll save you the google search, they get a "happy motoring" handshake unless of course it's in the south. I realize one cannot skate from a string of offenses, nor should they. However if you get a ducket once every five to eight years it's smarter to have it reduced, to each their own. My dad was on the job 25 years and I still have family in that line of work. None of whom write tickets anymore as they are in different segments of law enforcement. They would be the first ones to tell you speeding tickets are revenue generation. I'll take a speeder watching the road carefully over a texter going the correct speed every day of the week. Lastly, judging me for skating on a speeding ticket and using that as a barometer of personal responsibility is sanctimonious horse****. You don't know me, what I've done in my career or how my actions have effected the health of thousands and I don't know that about you either.

Last edited by terbiumactivated; 09-22-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:35 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Hope all injured are not seriously hurt, but I hope the damn Spyder is badly damaged or destroyed and the owner learns a lesson from the accident HE caused. After he gets out of prison, hopefully.
The Spyder damage is the least of his worries. He will need good lawyers to defend him against criminal charges as well as civil suits for damages. Eleven injured people will generate a hell of a lot of dollars in civil suits. Hospital and doctor charges alone will amount to a staggering sum for eleven people, and then of course you have the pain and suffering. As far as criminal charges, I can see him being charged with reckless driving resulting in injury to others. This could result in jail time, especially given his speeding history.

Bottom line is that I can see him serving some jail time, and of course being being sued for many millions. I suspect that the driver has at least a $10M umbrella insurance coverage, and he will need every dollar of that coverage,
Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I'm sure he'll declare personal bankruptcy to limit liability. And assuming he's the owner of that business, and it's big dollars, he probably already has it protected in a trust. If he didn't he's a dope. My guess is that he doesn't do any jail time, but winds up with probation and the loss of most of his personal assets.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:28 PM
fast1
Race Car

I'm sure he'll declare personal bankruptcy to limit liability. And assuming he's the owner of that business, and it's big dollars, he probably already has it protected in a trust. If he didn't he's a dope. My guess is that he doesn't do any jail time, but winds up with probation and the loss of most of his personal assets.
You could be right about the jail time, but what works against him are the number of injured people and his speeding history. One or the other would be problematical, but the two together is going to be a challenge. Moreover, I wouldn't want to be the judge who was lenient on a guy who injured eleven people, some or all of whom may be residents of his jurisdiction.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:34 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

"Ran into a crowd". 11 injured reported.

That is quite a bit worse than regular burnout screwup.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:34 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
I suspect that the driver has at least a $10M umbrella insurance coverage, and he will need every dollar of that coverage,
Where did you get this number? Maybe I missed it somewhere.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by fast1
You could be right about the jail time, but what works against him are the number of injured people and his speeding history. One or the other would be problematical, but the two together is going to be a challenge. Moreover, I wouldn't want to be the judge who was lenient on a guy who injured eleven people, some or all of whom may be residents of his jurisdiction.
His lawyer would most likely be able to keep his Alaska speeding history out of any trial, as it would be prejudicial. And the fact that he stayed at the scene and didn't flee eliminates any felony charges. Worst he'll likely get is misdemeanor reckless driving/endangerment, for which he'll get probation. Hell, we've had drunks around here kill kids walking down the sidewalk and then never do a day in jail.

This is primarily a civil matter.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:18 AM
Slim987
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

My thoughts and prayers are with the injured and I hope for a full quick recovery for all of them.

With that said, i go to the local C&C with my son once in a while. In fact just a few weeks ago we were there and as we were exiting, there were kids egging people on at the corner with hand and arm gestures to light it up.

My son who is 13 looked at me and said, dad I think they want you to do something. I turned back and replied, “son, we already know how cool our car is. We don’t need to show them.” I have never felt the need to show off, especially recklessly to random strangers. I don’t get why people do this type of thing and I hope this unfortunate incident brings about real change.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:42 PM
fast1
Race Car

Originally Posted by LexVan
Where did you get this number? Maybe I missed it somewhere.
Just speculation. I believe all or nearly all of us have multi million dollar umbrella policies, and based on the guy's income, $10M seemed like a conservative number. OTOH maybe a guy foolish enough to do what he did, may also be foolish enough not to have any supplemental coverage.

Quick Reply: Accident in Boise, Idaho