Craigslist, Ebay and other online Porsche 968 finds.... - Page 66 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > 924/944/951/968 Model Specific Technical Forums > 968 Forum
Reload this Page >

Craigslist, Ebay and other online Porsche 968 finds....

Notices

Craigslist, Ebay and other online Porsche 968 finds....

 
Old 03-21-2018, 12:02 AM
  #976  
Spokayman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spokayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern Washington- The Inland Empire
Posts: 1,295
Default

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo View Post
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/...527148286.html

968 turbo with 16V head....don't know a thing about it.
Like others I recognize this one as having been for sale for quite awhile. At least two and probably three years.



Spokayman is offline  
Old 03-21-2018, 11:46 AM
  #977  
spark1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
spark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 202
Default

spark1 is offline  
Old 03-21-2018, 02:00 PM
  #978  
Humboldtgrin
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Humboldtgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 2,033
Default

No affiliation. Just a super nice rare stock rebuilt black on black 968.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/porsche-968/6537905486.html
Humboldtgrin is offline  
Old 03-21-2018, 03:56 PM
  #979  
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsheiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 442
Default

15K for a black 172,000 mile car that does not run and needs parts.... Does have Cup2's no pictures of interior, Jeff may be able to help this guy out and run the vin and perhaps its a 220 or M030 car as I cant see the calipers or anything. Has been for sale for some time and resurfaced on CL again. Looks a little more like $8 or 9K
jsheiry is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:16 AM
  #980  
Ravi1993
New User
 
Ravi1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: san jose
Posts: 1
Default Iím the owner of the 968 in question.

Originally Posted by jsheiry View Post
15K for a black 172,000 mile car that does not run and needs parts.... Does have Cup2's no pictures of interior, Jeff may be able to help this guy out and run the vin and perhaps its a 220 or M030 car as I cant see the calipers or anything. Has been for sale for some time and resurfaced on CL again. Looks a little more like $8 or 9K

The car does run and no it does not need parts. The pictures on Craigslist are the work that was done and process. Itís just something I like to show so people get to see what was done on it. Itís has stock suspension front and koni for the rear. The interior is good and clean. Iím in the process or putting the seat back and few other stuff. Yes the car does need breaks and few other minor stuff. It will also need to be smog. This has been a project of mine for about 3 years a took my time to make sure everything is done correctly and every part was look at. Hope this helps answer some question.
Cheers
Ravi1993 is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 11:25 AM
  #981  
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsheiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 442
Default

Ravi1993 your CL ad sure had me thinking it was a work still in progress. Good luck with your sale.
jsheiry is offline  
Old 03-27-2018, 10:32 PM
  #982  
Boeing 717
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Boeing 717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 12,391
Default

Boeing 717 is offline  
Old 04-06-2018, 11:27 AM
  #983  
jsheiry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jsheiry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 442
Default

Local car to me...no affiliation. Intersport is certainly a well respected Indy Shop in the DC area.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...552900070.html
jsheiry is offline  
Old 04-06-2018, 11:46 AM
  #984  
rggale
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by jsheiry View Post
Local car to me...no affiliation. Intersport is certainly a well respected Indy Shop in the DC area.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...552900070.html
Looks like a nice car, but to command such a price it is lacking a few key details. T belt/water pump (of course due to mileage not time), what option codes (220?)? Records? Clutch in 30k miles scares the poop out of me. How does one eat a clutch in 30k miles on a street car?! How about records? Noticed it is missing the engine cover, and the cover over the front tow eye (is that what that is? Looks like it, but thankfully I have never had to open mine!)-- super minor, just an observation.

Color combo is great. Hope this ends up with one of us. I done spent nearly all my 2017 (and 2018!) 968 addict funds all in one fell swoop when I purchased mine last November.
rggale is offline  
Old 04-06-2018, 12:10 PM
  #985  
spark1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
spark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 202
Default

Originally Posted by jsheiry View Post
Local car to me...no affiliation. Intersport is certainly a well respected Indy Shop in the DC area.
Nice car,,, At first glance I thought you may have found the source of the cruise control cable re-routers...but it is missing the cover that the cable routes under. There are a number of high priced 968's on the market that are missing the front engine cover and this one is missing two separate covers. Wonder if they are taking the images just after they finish detailing and simply haven't put the back on at that point ???

spark1 is offline  
Old 04-06-2018, 03:57 PM
  #986  
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jeff968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,930
Default

Originally Posted by spark1 View Post
Nice car,,, At first glance I thought you may have found the source of the cruise control cable re-routers...but it is missing the cover that the cable routes under. There are a number of high priced 968's on the market that are missing the front engine cover and this one is missing two separate covers. Wonder if they are taking the images just after they finish detailing and simply haven't put the back on at that point ???
Spark, this is a late 968 so the front and rear plastic covers had been eliminated by mid-94 model year. The fuel rail cover should be there. I noticed it is missing the rear emblem and this is not a rear emblem delete car. The original CR2 is gone as well. It has no factory options other then partial leather in Marble grey. It does have deviated carpet in black which was an option. This is my favorite interior on a 968.
jeff968 is offline  
Old 04-07-2018, 01:06 AM
  #987  
spark1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
spark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 202
Default

Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
Spark, this is a late 968 so the front and rear plastic covers had been eliminated by mid-94 model year. The fuel rail cover should be there. I noticed it is missing the rear emblem and this is not a rear emblem delete car. The original CR2 is gone as well. It has no factory options other then partial leather in Marble grey. It does have deviated carpet in black which was an option. This is my favorite interior on a 968.
Did not know that the front cover had been eliminated...The interior color contrast is amazing.
spark1 is offline  
Old 04-07-2018, 10:12 PM
  #988  
Eyeman
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 110
Default

Spark is opposite of me, I did not know about those covers until I started paying attention here, my cabriolet does not have them. My coupe has that same light gray interior, it's very close to white. Great for a collector car. It for sure would have been too light to deal with on a daily driver.
Eyeman is offline  
Old 04-09-2018, 12:37 AM
  #989  
TheBlau
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TheBlau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by rggale View Post
Looks like a nice car, but to command such a price it is lacking a few key details. T belt/water pump (of course due to mileage not time), what option codes (220?)? Records? Clutch in 30k miles scares the poop out of me. How does one eat a clutch in 30k miles on a street car?! How about records? Noticed it is missing the engine cover, and the cover over the front tow eye (is that what that is? Looks like it, but thankfully I have never had to open mine!)-- super minor, just an observation.

Color combo is great. Hope this ends up with one of us. I done spent nearly all my 2017 (and 2018!) 968 addict funds all in one fell swoop when I purchased mine last November.
I'd NEED to see records with mileage recordings before considering this car. The trip meter being at 000.0 miles is a telltale broken odometer gear, which could have happened 15+ years ago...making it appear the car is at 32k miles but really at 132k.

Also, oil pressure looks high at idle for a car that's up to temp already, unless only coolant temp is up and oil temp is not. Actually, idle is high too at 1000rpm. Maybe a bad idle control valve.
TheBlau is offline  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:53 PM
  #990  
Paul Waterloo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Paul Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,216
Default

Interesting enough, this cab just sold for $7K with 107K miles and an automatic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Porsche-968/123066432584?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

White with marine blue interior.



This car was on craigslist when I was in FL in March and I texted the guy, he got back to me immediately. It was listed for $8900 with no pictures. He sent me pictures. I tried about 10 times to go see the car, with no return text. I did get him on the phone once, he said he bartered for the car from a lady he did a house re-pipe (he's a plumber) because she had cancer and wanted to get rid of her possessions.

As soon as I get home from FL, he puts the ebay ad up and relists it on craigslist for $10,500. Well it sold with one bid on ebay for $7K. He is one of those "no communication" people. Love that he said in the ad to come by if you are local. He also told me in an ebay communication that he had all sorts of interest in it when it was on craigslist.....but didn't have time to show it. I can't believe that statement is true based on the winning bid.

Maybe somebody here got it? Cheap way to get into a 968, but I never saw it in person, he said it was a nice car, but that doesn't mean much to me.
Paul Waterloo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist, Ebay and other online Porsche 968 finds....


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: