968 Forum 1992-1995

Sending a 94 Coupe for PPI

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 140 Posts

If I were you, I would skip this car.

You might consider a 14K car that has all sorts of money put into it during its last ownership. FYI, my car was in excellent shape (or at least that's what I think) and I've still put a lot of money into it:

Wheels/tires
Track wheels/tires
Instrument cluster cover
Updated steering wheel
Stereo system
Starter
AC Compressor
A whole box of Porsche timing belt parts yet to be installed
Windshield gasket
Rear hatch gasket
Rocker panel gaskets
and so on and so on.

I'm sure I've spent $4K on parts, but it's my hobby. I do all the labor myself. Clears my head. Makes me happy.

The next guy that gets my car is going to get a deal! You might consider finding that car closer to home. It exists.

Best of luck!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 AM
shinrai
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Skip this one. Good on you for getting a ppi done.
There´s a nice red one with sport seats in Niagara region that looks like it was well taken care of.
There´s also a nice looking black one in Nova Scotia that the owner has been trying to move for some time.
We´ll see you in a 968 shortly
Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 97 Posts

On a car like the 968 I think a PPI is always going to be a disaster. It's an old car and you have to be realistic, if it's not a $17K+ perfect example your PPI is just going to waste money and be a deal breaker.

Honestly if you are getting a PPI done on a 180K mile car that's worth maybe $6500 you should not be buying that car, you are going to be better off paying double for a better example. Whoever buys the 180K mile car is going to ignore half the issues (most of which are probably overblown) and fix the rest when they get around to it while doing other work and probably going to have an OK ownership experience (with reasonable expectations.)

-Joel.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:00 PM
V996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A PPI is always a good idea... Skip this car imo. There's many deals to be had. There's one in Halifax for 10.5k, looks in good shape.

Quick Reply: Sending a 94 Coupe for PPI