Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

what did you do with your 968 today.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:19 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

Old 08-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by az968gpw
Chuck, why is that hideous-looking red car parked next your gorgeous car? Some people have no sense of propriety :-)
Proof they'll let anybody attend the event....
Old 08-21-2017, 10:08 PM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Purple and white! Who wants that. Yuch!
The following users liked this post:
dfheezy (09-13-2019)
Old 08-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grants_968
Agreed Chuck Z, they let your car in.
Dude, what the hell s wrong with you? You're crackin me up! Perhaps you should take all your toys and your rich self and just leave??? You're showin ur a$$
Old 08-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dude, I started out 4 rfriendly, and you started a conflict. Must be your German background, tit for tat. Call it an end and I will to. Else ...
Else what? Threatening me? Seriously, ur crackin me the hell up! Takes 2 for conflict.... I really don't care what you think or what your opinion might be. Ur a fool and a troll who spent waaaayyyyy too much on a customized 968 and now ur offended when reality slaps ya in the face about what it's worth! You'll be lucky to get .20 cents on the dollar for it. You showed true colors here: https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...lt-by-hmr.html
Old 08-21-2017, 10:48 PM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

But Chuck Z, did you have any good taste? I think not.
BTW troll, I really do think ur 968 is awesome!
Old 08-21-2017, 11:59 PM
az968gpw
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Spoken like someone who has bought into Porsche's "50 Shades of Silver" color pallette. Europe always had great colorful cars and they brought some over here. I wish they had been more successful selling unique and colorful cars. Boring.

Now, my car is white, not too exciting, but with the interior color and material (cloth script seats) it is one of one, so not so common. Wish I'd found Chucks car first.

But, I'd love to drive a silver turbo once, or more than twice!
Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 AM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 494 Posts

1750 miles since the cylinder head rebuild. I did a oil filter and oil change today.Liqui/Moly10/60 oil. I think the engine work is now complete.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:20 AM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Based on your comments here recently, you should probably strongly consider Ferrari ownership given your attitude. Or, perhaps you should spend your time over on that 'other 968' website.

Just sayin'...

Old 08-22-2017, 07:06 AM
Boeing 717

Received 263 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
Based on your comments here recently, you should probably strongly consider Ferrari ownership given your attitude. Or, perhaps you should spend your time over on that 'other 968' website.

Just sayin'...

Yup.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:45 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanx to Spanky, Jay and Boeing for changing the subject.
So, Spanky, when is lunch?
Jay, you back from Minnesota?
Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Yep. Been in China for the last 10 days.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:56 PM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Waxin'

Spent a couple of days Buffin' and Waxin'...Splitter is on its way...
Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

How to sell a 968 like a jerk (would do)....

i was late getting to watch the ugly spectacle unfold; and got to read it all at once.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...-by-hmr-2.html

The Turbo S sounds like a good car. You've indicated that since the build and testing, it's rarely been driven (hmm). Sounds like you could afford to build it, but not enjoy it. Then, what's the point? ....Also, we've documented some real ***-douche remarks. The scolding you got from the Instructor a few years ago obviously never sank in;

*cool how the voice of the cartoon PCA Instructor matches our real PCA Instructor (Van) so closely.

Still; Why didn't you state what you believe from the beginning/re; what you should have said;

Originally Posted by Flat Out
(Mine) is the only good replica Turbo S out there. No need to discuss; BEST is the only outcome. It was built, tested and driven one way: FLAT OUT. That;s right; FLAT OUT... All other crap/spam/chronology/history about whatever other Turbo replicas from you pathetic planetary lifeforms will be bitch slapped accordingly."
Once the enthusiast diatribe began, you should have just vanquished the dirty peasants;

Sorry. It is beneath me to respond to you posers that don't know your place... I don't bring my gilded toys to play with likes of you. i just expect you to praise it (to help bring the best price), so i can go about my business."
See; that would have saved time, and prevented any hurt feelings that caused you to close the thread.

*what you actually said is re-posted below.

Did you bother to read the two "9 Magazine" articles, or are you asking me to rehash, explain, and cost it all out for you?

My turbo build is more than bolting a blower on.

I put "frame off" in quotes for a purpose. It's short for stripped down to the bare minimum, prepped, and painted. I did not consider that I needed to explain to car-guys and car-girls.

Everything upgraded. Radiator to rear-end.

-------------------------

So, you question and criticize the price without understanding anything about the product offered for sale. The German way. Then you criticize me for asking if you read the brochure (9 Magazines). This indicates any upgrades you do to your Porsches, you cut corners, and do on the cheap. I cut no corners, no upgrades left out.

I repeat, cost it out. If you know a quality machine and body shop that can do it for less, without cutting corners, all on this forum would like to know. If you can do it, then say the price and the menu that the buyer gets. What short cuts should have been taken? Do you know the price of a Motec installed?

To any interested in a 1st quality 968 Turbo built by a known award winning tuner, save yourself a bundle ("Kings Ransom") and buy (make offer) my correct 968 Turbo, and avoid the clowns.

Interesting historical perspective. The most recent factory 968 Turbo that I know of sold at auction for $350,000. I recall the factory 968 Turbo was about 350 HP, and created with an 8 valve 951 head. Mine is 16 valve, done right, vs the factory. Produces about 550 HP.

I am accepting offers. My listed price is about 1/2 what has been estimated to reproduce the HMR build, and its available now. The build took over 5 years.

A three year old comp means nothing. Especially means without a detailed list of modifications executed.

I have not been active in this forum for several years. My impression is that it has devolved into amaturism. If you can't afford a perfect high powered 968 Turbo build, then don't denigrate it. Just say nothing.

It is not my problem that you are wealth challenged, and neither appreciate perfection, nor can afford perfection. Thus, you attempt to denegrate the price down.

Ain't gonna happen. If all you can afford is 2nd rate, then 2nd rate is what you get.

I agree, your analysis means nothing. Move on.
You buy quantity, not quality. Good luck with being 2nd rate.

So, Ian. The evidence from your signature is that modus operandi is to purchase cheap crap, bump it up in price, then sell. And if someone offers a quality product, your modus operandi is to denigrate on the forum to lower the price. I got you pegged. Sad for the forum with hangers on like you. Sad.

Mine is not a replica. It is an HMR 968 Turbo. Better than the 8v factory. Better suspension, better everything. You don't want it, you can't afford it, then just go away. Sad that 968'Rennlist has become what it appears to be today.

So what. Then according to you it must be worth nothing. You know nothing about appraisal. The evidence is that you are an idiot, from the 944 sump. I do. You simply gas out of your upper orifice crap, that means nothing. If it does not sell, fine. I'll,just keep on driving, happily.

Keep driving your crap. Buyer beware of Ian's crap flips.

---------------------------

Because the 968 thread has several trolls, posting immature comments, I closed this notification of my 968 HMR Turbo for sale. I am also posting the below message from the moderator. I welcome personal messages (PM).

Unless there is verifiable misrepresentation, posting negative and irrelevant comments in another member's For Sale thread is impolite and not tolerated on Rennlist.

Unnecessary comments will be deleted. Serial offenders will lose their posting privileges and/or infractions will be given.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by odurandina; 08-23-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:15 AM
Chuck Z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odurandina
i It would have prevented any possible hurt feelings that caused you to close the thread.
....then open it and spew, close again! Then open it again so he can spew more, close again!

Then complain in the sticky, peeps are hatin on him!

Quick Reply: what did you do with your 968 today.....