Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Rare 968 CS in Speed Yellow fs in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011 | 11:35 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Red face

My bad did a recheck & it is 3,086pds.Thanks for the correction Allan.
Old 12-17-2011 | 10:19 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

[quote=ernie9468;9108606]
Originally Posted by JPP
Nice, but I'm surprised no ECU re-map or head/valve massage for a kick in horsepower ..
The SC weigth less the a regular 2,913pds versus 3,186pds for the regular 968 some 273 pds less.#1-no air bags-#2 fiberglass seats #3 SC steering wheel #4 no casette box not sure 100% on that one but you could order it AC, rear seats, & radio deleted.All of creatures comfort that add up to performance at the end of the line.
#1: I would check on the no airbag part on the passenger side. The steering wheel does not have an airbag.
#2: Optional, hardbacks came as options. Standard CS had regular seats, not even sports seats.
#3: Lots of this was optional. You could order it with it or delete it.
Old 12-17-2011 | 12:02 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ernie9468

#1: I would check on the no airbag part on the passenger side. The steering wheel does not have an airbag.
#2: Optional, hardbacks came as options. Standard CS had regular seats, not even sports seats.
#3: Lots of this was optional. You could order it with it or delete it.
Ok, I googled it. Not the best source of facts, but 'another' source of possible information to shed more controversy and possibly more light ... looks like the variants you are referring to were only on the U.K. 968 'Sport' versions perhaps ....

968 Clubsport

From 1993 through 1995, Porsche offered a lighter-weight "Club Sport" version of the 968 designed for enthusiasts seeking increased track performance. Much of the 968's luxury-oriented equipment was removed or taken off the options list; less sound deadening material was used, electrical windows were replaced with crank-driven units, upgraded stereo systems, A/C and sunroof were still optional as on the standard Coupe and Convertible models. In addition, Porsche installed manually adjustable lightweight Recaro racing seats rather than the standard power-operated leather buckets (also manufactured by Recaro), a revised suspension system optimized and lowered by 20mm for possible track use, 17" wheels (also slightly wider to accommodate wider tyres) rather than the 16" as found on the Coupe and wider tires, 225 front and 255 rears rather than 205 and 245 respectively. The 4 spoke airbag steering wheel was replaced with a thicker rimmed 3 spoke steering wheel with no airbag, heated washer jets were replaced with non heated, vanity covers in the engine bay were deleted, as was the rear wiper. The Club Sport has no rear seats unlike the 2+2 Coupe. Club Sports were only available in white, black, Speed yellow, Guards red, Riviera blue or Maritime blue. Seat backs were colour coded to the body. Club Sport decals were standard in either black, red or white but there was a 'delete' option. All Club Sports had black interiors with the 944 S2 door cards. Due to the reduction in the number of electrical items the wiring loom was reduced in complexity which saved weight and also the battery was replaced with a smaller one, again reducing weight. With the no frills approach meaning less weight, as well as the optimising of the suspension, Porsche could focus media attention on the Club Sport variants fast road and track abilities. This helped to slightly bolster the flagging sales figures in the mid 1990s. The Club Sport variant achieved a 'Performance Car Of The Year' award in 1993 from Performance Car magazine in the UK. Club Sport models were only officially available in the UK, Europe, Japan & Australia, although "grey market" cars found their way elsewhere.

A UK-only version called "968 Sport", was offered in 1994 and 1995, and was essentially a Club Sport model (and was produced on the same production line with similar chassis numbers) with electric windows, electric release boot, central locking, cloth comfort seats (different to both the standard and the Club Sport). With the added electrics the larger wiring loom was used. The Sport Variant also got back the 2 rear seats, again in the cloth material specific to the Sport. At £29,975, the 968 Sport was priced £5,500 lower than the standard 968, but had most of the latter's desirable "luxuries" and consequently outsold it by a large margin (306 of the 968 Sport models compared to 40 standard 968 coupés).[1]
Old 12-17-2011 | 01:02 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

Thanks guys very goods informations.Meaning what most of use are driving are "968 Sport".
Old 12-20-2011 | 01:36 PM
951kaos
Advanced

This car weighs more than other Club Sports; if you check the interior photos on Bring-a-Trailer, this one has power windows; air conditioner and it appears to have a rear external hatch lock; maybe even power locks as there is a switch on the console, as seen in another listing. I have seen a true M030 Club Sport in Vancouver that was also brought in from Japan and it has manual windows and no external key lock for the rear hatch and no power hatch release; hatch is released by a cable operated lever.
Looks like this car is being passed around by wholesalers, as this car is probably the same one that appeared in North Bay, Ontario. Could be that most private insurance companies in Ontario will not insure grey market cars as the VIN is not in their data base; BC has a lot of grey market cars and the government insurance will slot it in one of their policies for collectors or modified cars for an agreed value.
http://www.teparolin.ca/porsche-968-club-sport-for-sale

Last edited by 951kaos; 12-20-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2011 | 07:00 PM
flatfanman
4th Gear

that one is actually different then ours, we have been monitoring clubsports in japan for a while and ordered inspections on a couple, we passed by a couple of them because of dubious past crash history... we finally found the one we now have in our showroom in our north bay location. I pulled up all the option codes on PET before we bought it and it does not have M030. Depending on market i think M030was an option and I have read a period article from Ian Kuah that speaks of him testing both the "M030" suspension and the "non M030" version and finding a large difference in general ride quality (fittingly). Ours is serial number 815594, Ill do a proper post up later giving full details on the car. This is the third Porsche i have personally brought in from japan (90 944s2, 88 911 carrera), and the condition has always been excellent and good service history. As stated, ill do up a more inormed post later to ours in conjunction to me getting it up on our site properly. The link above from 951kaos's post was our first intial mention of the car when we first bought it, a couple of months before it physically arrived at our dealership.

here is the link to the period 968 clubsport article by kuah
http://www.968register.org/articles16.htm
Old 12-20-2011 | 07:03 PM
flatfanman
4th Gear

sorry i guess i should better identify myself....

jayme parolin
TE Parolin & sons motor car sales ltd
north bay and sudbury ON, canada
Old 12-20-2011 | 09:46 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by flatfanman
sorry i guess i should better identify myself....

jayme parolin
TE Parolin & sons motor car sales ltd
north bay and sudbury ON, canada
Welcome to RL & the 968 forums jayme,waiting for your post.BTW I work 17 yrs in Sudbury for Falconbrige Nickel Mine.Bougth my first Porsche a 914 up there. A couple years ago there was a guy in North Bay who had a Silver Rose for sale that he imported from Japan do you know the car?

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2011 | 08:29 PM
Stirling7
Rennlist Member

That was my Silver Rose. I sold it a couple years ago to a dentist in Southern Ontario. Waiting to get my Alpina B10 Biturbo (from Japan) on the road next spring.

I was sitting in the Club Sport at Parolin's a couple hours ago. Magnificent example - I haven't driven it but looks nearly-new to me.
Old 12-23-2011 | 08:54 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Originally Posted by Stirling7
That was my Silver Rose. I sold it a couple years ago to a dentist in Southern Ontario. Waiting to get my Alpina B10 Biturbo (from Japan) on the road next spring.

I was sitting in the Club Sport at Parolin's a couple hours ago. Magnificent example - I haven't driven it but looks nearly-new to me.
Hello out there,you migth remember me Ernie from out east NB.Talk to you a couple of time with you on the phone prior to buying my 968.Was very interested at one point in buying that Silver Rose,if I remember well it was in a shop being work on at that time.You also had a black Mercedes cab for sale did you sold that one to.
Old 12-23-2011 | 10:49 PM
Stirling7
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ernie9468
Hello out there,you migth remember me Ernie from out east NB.Talk to you a couple of time with you on the phone prior to buying my 968.Was very interested at one point in buying that Silver Rose,if I remember well it was in a shop being work on at that time.You also had a black Mercedes cab for sale did you sold that one to.
Ernie, I do remember you. Congrats on the 968. I still do have the Merc 500SL for sale, though it was silver not black. Those poor old magnificent cars don't seem to be worth anything now.
Old 05-03-2012 | 08:43 PM
flatfanman
4th Gear

apologies for the long wait on a post to clarify our car a little more...

earlier I had said I would bring some more info on our 968 clubsport we imported

here is a link to it on our site:

http://www.teparolin.ca/content/porsche-968-club-sport

I have a lot more pics for it which can be emailed to interested parties. It does actually have M030 and M220, the first time i pulled the VIN i had the incorrect VIN, when we actually received the car i took the VIN off of the strut tower area and ran it again. (no multiple VIn stampings like a USA/canada car...) The detailed option code run out is on the website. I also have full service history on the car dating back to new, I have found many Japanese owners to be very fastidious about proper maintenance and ownership of their cars, and this on shows. I had a japanese friend of mine translate the records for me which showed dilagent service as well as what looks to be a recall on the cylinder head carried out early in its life in japan. Overall its exceptionally clean and shows very very nicely. I checked the paint depth on all the panels and found the front clip to be a little higher, there is no evidence of accident ( as in no turned bolt heads, misaligned panels, poor gaps, bad seams, etc...) it all looks original, It looks very much like a cosmetic refresh on the front fenders and hood. Overall I was actually very pleased with its condition as you never know when you but something over the internet from so far away. We have installed new michelin Ps2 s and will be carrying out a full mechanical reconditioning, we are a PCA upper canada region tech center and follow very strict practices when preparing our cars. anyway Ill try and get some more pics up this week as the car is quite nice and worth the look.
Old 05-03-2012 | 09:09 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Flatfan, Very nice but the wheels look to have been replaced. What is on the car now is the later 17" Cup2 style that you would find on the 94.5 - 95 968s. Your car should have the Cup1 17" which is what you see on the eBay CS.

Jeff
Old 05-04-2012 | 10:16 AM
flatfanman
4th Gear

yes jeff

I questioned the wheels myself when it arrived they certainly are the later cup 2 type, and have been colour matched in the past. My bet is the previous japanese owner quite liked the look of the later type, bought a set and has them colour matched. The code on the cars' build says "403 cast cup wheel 17 inch", likely reffering to the earlier type.
Old 05-04-2012 | 10:26 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

MO30 was never std equip on CS, nor was LSD.

Quick Reply: Rare 968 CS in Speed Yellow fs in Canada