968 Forum 1992-1995

Decisions, decisions

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts
Unhappy Decisions, decisions

I believe that I have a buyer for my '95 coupe. Part of me wants to let it go and part of my wants to keep it. To be honest, I don't really drive it much and don't have the time to maintain it given that all my spare time is spent on my track car. Will need to make a decision soon, maybe I'll toss a coin
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 PM
DiREW0LF
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the price is right let her go. You aren't doing her justice if you don't have time for maintenance or driving her.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 128 Posts

Tim,
They are nice cars, take your time deciding.
Jeff
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts

The LS motor might free up both maintenance time and money! (At least compared to the supercharged 968 combo). I've regretted selling just about every car I've owned. Good, clean 968 coupes are becoming more and more difficult to find.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DiREW0LF
If the price is right let her go. You aren't doing her justice if you don't have time for maintenance or driving her.
The price has not been right on these cars for years, they are selling way too cheap.

Originally Posted by jeff968
Tim,
They are nice cars, take your time deciding.
Jeff
I've been thinking about it for 2 years, but because of the low sales price of these cars, I've held on to it. Since the car is continuing to depreciate, maybe the time has come.

Originally Posted by 968gene
The LS motor might free up both maintenance time and money! (At least compared to the supercharged 968 combo). I've regretted selling just about every car I've owned. Good, clean 968 coupes are becoming more and more difficult to find.
I'm sure if I sell it, I will regret it. But then again, I might just have to find me something to fill the empty garage spot?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I think there are few enough 968 owners that if we spread the word to everyone we know, we can reach enough people to affect the 968 market: Raise your prices and hold firm! Yes, you'll probably be stuck for a little while, but after a few months to a year, we can start to yank the market values back up. It makes me sick that my 1 of 12 coupe would probably only fetch 5k these days. Even with 240k miles this car should be worth at least 8k.

You'll probably regret selling it, Tim, but the more money you get, the less you'll regret it, so I say try to hold out for a higher offer. HTH... Cheers.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:59 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An old IBanking line: "don't try to catch an falling angel". Great cars, assign a financial value to the time/fun factor cost and offset with the opportunity cost of having something else you really want in exchange. Risk adjust it based on the fact that you'll be betting on 968 prices doing X or Y and pull the trigger.

I am on the other camp. I have regretted selling in the past, but no more than regretting what I could have bought, that I did not.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

If I get my asking price, I'll let the car go. I've had it for 6 years and enjoyed it, now it's time for it to go to someone else. The person wants it for a track car, not a race car, but something to play with at DE's and occasionally drive it on the street. I think the car will enjoy that

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions