968 Forum 1992-1995

Problem with parking break at my 968 turbo S replica

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Joska
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem with parking break at my 968 turbo S replica

For my first drive with my fast and reliable 968 turbo S replica, I picked it up at the harbour in Germany. It was shipped from CA to NJ and from there to Germany.

Someone, who did not know how to drive the car, has dared, after getting the car from the vessel, on the parking lot, to secure the car with the parking brake.

Unfortunately the car is highly modified, so it does not need a parking brake or better in case it is looked you have no chance to unlook it without taking the handle completely appart. Fortunately I had my toolbox with me, because from the appearance of the car, I had expected some problems.

I have not looked yet at the assembly, because the car is save in my garage but anyone else had the problem before and can tell me in advance right away how to fix it easily? If not, I will figure out alone, after I fixed all the other main problems with the car.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Joska the E-brake worked just as it should, the threaded rod was properly adjusted with the lock nut secured for proper handle operation to engage shoes in rear rotors about 1/2 way up handle travel.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Joska
Intermediate

Shawn, this is not the problem. The relase **** is not releasing the brake, because it is not any more able to lift the look. Even if I turn back the handle what is not holding properly any more at the brake and givve the **** more room, it is not working to release it.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:00 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

I have had this problem on my early 944 if someone pulls the handle up too far the button gets pressed in too far and the spring behind button that is supposed to push button back out gets jambed!

However if the button is stuck out and you cannot push it in at all then something is wrong with toothed lever where it attaches to buttons push rod inside handle?

If you pull the little carpet seam back right there you can use a 13mm wrench to loosen the 2 bolts that hold handle on and once removed its easy to work on it and either remove from hook that attaches to cable or adjust! Just make sure that the e-brake light sensor switch is in right spot when you re-install.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:11 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joska
For my first drive with my fast and reliable 968 turbo S replica, I picked it up at the harbour in Germany. It was shipped from CA to NJ and from there to Germany.

Someone, who did not know how to drive the car, has dared, after getting the car from the vessel, on the parking lot, to secure the car with the parking brake.

Joska, everyone knows that you never ever try to use the parking brake on a fast and reliable 968 Turbo S replica! Shame on you for not knowing how to drive this very special car built by an expert.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:44 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Joska, the enclosed trailer driver told me that the seller was trying to put the seats in when he showed to pick up the car. It could very well be that something was missed. 4 of 6 bolts holding the seats were missing as well and the other 2 were not secured completely. It was almost comical because he had Aston Martins and SL MB's in the trailer and his 1st comment was, looks like the guy painted the car himself (which I was able to confirm later).
Also, the seat were jammed in their spot. I was able to secure the seats but couldn't do much with them not sliding back and forth, sorry!
Atleast now you don't have to worry about flying through the windshield anymore in case you brake hard, lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:56 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Right as per contract and phone conversation with Joska he understood that the original seats would be placed in car for transport along with original back seat placed on top of rear seat delete. We discussed the options for him to receive the car in and he agreed that he was going to get appropriate seats and wheels for his needs? I remember him specificaly saying that he wanted to get 18" 2 piece turbo twist wheels and comfort sport seats so that he could retained recline feature and drive with kids in back seat, as he was going to probably take roll bar out! You can continue to insult myself and your car all you want but in the end it WAS a very nice car when I owned it and sold it to you! Doesnt make sense to not take ownership responsibility for a car like this that you purchase. Why wait over a year and a half to start modifying further and first drive the car?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

While it's true that Joska consented to having the original seats and different wheels installed on the 'Fast And Reliable Turbo S Replica' [aka: FARTS'R'US], I wish everyone could see the pieces of **** that you actually shipped to him. Simply saying that the seats were original doesn't do them justice at all. The seats weren't properly installed and they were literally covered in DIRT AND MUD, it was UNBELIEVABLE and looked as though you were trying to insult Joska! And the wheels weren't even road worthy, in fact you're lucky that nobody drove on them because they were bent so badly that it's possible the beads wouldn't hold air or they would've blown out. So clearly the car was not nearly as nice as you say because I saw these things with my own 2 eyes when we were staying at Raj's house for the 2009 Hershey celebration. Turns out that the ****ty seats and wheels were only the beginning of all the issues that Joska began finding with the car, so of course he's going to dig in further to determine if there are more safety issues. It really is a disaster, especially considering he gave you nearly $30k for it.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Right well it seems clear that we can all agree that everyone that goes over to Raj's house for sleep-overs lives in fantasy land?
I would love to see any one of you build a 968 turbo S highly modified replica like this one for $27K in your garage?
15K just in parts to build a drivetrain like this!
6k in body work and parts to complete entire 100% transformation!
100's of hours went into this car, almost 100% done by my own hands

In the exact condition he received, there was over $30K spent in car and parts! Does not count any of the labor to accomplish any of that work! It had over 100K miles on it, this was not one of your 50K mile all original garage queens!

Now I realize you can most of the time never get your money out of projects like this. I was not trying too, I put the car up and lowered price accordingly once he offered to purchase minus a few items. He did not just call once and send me the money, we spoke a dozen times over 2 months. Raj called me and we spoke several times as well, because he clearly had influence on Joskas purchase because he is the turbo S replica expert right?

Joska had full knowledge of the car and its mods going in and he was recommended to view the car in person before purchasing by myself. As stated several times before I would have purchased car back if he was rational or lived an hour away. However after a week of ownership in his first phone call to me he would not talk like a normal human being and there was clearly no negotiating with him after other conversations!

I am not interested in paying $1,500 a pop out of my own pocket for people to have the car shipped across the country only to not like it once they purchase!

Do you finally get it R-listers, how is it my responsibility to have to pay $3k round trip car delivery or even half $1.5K just so someone can have a look at there dream car because there buddy has one and they like the idea of ownership?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:42 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Originally Posted by boost feen
Right well it seems clear that we can all agree that everyone that goes over to Raj's house for sleep-overs lives in fantasy land?
No actually that's not clear at all, and no we don't agree, you're the one who is delusional and the only thing that's clear in this post is your silly homoerotic remark. The reason you're talking about sleep-overs is because you don't have the ***** to directly address the horrible seats, wheels, and other parts of FARTS'R'US directly because you know that what you did was wrong yet you continue to defend yourself - afterall, you have other parts to sell! Hopefully others who read this will think twice before buying parts and other things from you in the future.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

It makes NO Sense for me to not put a rebuttal up to any argument about this matter as it directly concerns ME! Not anyone else other than Joska you are all just entitled to YOUR opinion!

I thought I already established the cause and effect of pre-purchase inspections! As well as everyones different opinions? It makes NO difference what I say to you Trevor or anyone else, the bottom line is I explained to the buyer Joska before he purchased the car the condition of the original seats that came with car and he clearly wanted them in car to be able to drive it around for TRANSPORT only! He was the one that negotiated with me to get the car with these seats and wheels you mentioned! RH replicas in so so condition and factory original seats to car that had wear holes, cracks and were not very clean at all!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Joska
Intermediate

Thanks you for the advice. I tried it already. I had to remove the whole handl to be able to drive the car. I put it back together and have not dared yet to pull it again, because the toothed lever it is not releasing even if the parking break is released completely. I will look further and will let you know more details.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Joska
Intermediate

original seats to car that had wear holes, cracks and were not very clean at all
I aggree with Shaws statement. I will not post any pictures for spectators. This post is not about seats, it is about the parking brake. I am just trying to get things fixed with my car, to get it back on the road.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 PM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Joska I have an extra late 944 E-brake handle in black that is in good shape. Good button, spring feels tight and it releases fine. I never had any problems with the one in that car though. Let me know if you need it as I can ship it to you, gratis of course!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:57 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

not to make you sound like an idiot but did you try pulling up on the handle before pushing in the release button?

Quick Reply: Problem with parking break at my 968 turbo S replica