Donn
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Deano968
[IMG][/IMG]

Deano
Deano - I think that is funny. I've heard so many stateside owners comment on how they wish their cars had repeaters.

Adam - I noticed you painted your windshield washer nozzles (I have a new set with the same intentions) but not your B pillar or your hatch trim. Some people paint these areas (one and/or both); others don't. Was this specified by you (painted nozzles only) or did the body shop make the call?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 AM
chudson
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Screwed up above message - was suppose to include Deano's quote. You get the idea.....
Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
TheBlau
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chudson
Deano - I think that is funny. I've heard so many stateside owners comment on how they wish their cars had repeaters.

Adam - I noticed you painted your windshield washer nozzles (I have a new set with the same intentions) but not your B pillar or your hatch trim. Some people paint these areas (one and/or both); others don't. Was this specified by you (painted nozzles only) or did the body shop make the call?
The nozzles actually aren't painted - they're just faded to grey from 18 years of sun/age! Same with my antenna.
I actually like the look of the black B-pillars better - it keeps the flow from front to rear window. I also thought about painting the rear spoiler but decided against it and glad I did. I think the car looks better with a little contrast. I also have to say - all new body seals makes a huge improvement over the old, cracked, shrunken, and hanging out ones that were on there!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I also have a slate gray coupe. Love the color, but unfortunatley, my car can best be described as "Good from far, but far from good..." as pretty much every single panel has some sort of small flaw. It also had lots of "minor" but very expensive problems (like virtually every seal on the engine leaking, some, like the RMS, badly). I was thinking of selling it, and using the proceeds to buy or build a track car, but when I saw how little it was worth with the issues the PPI uncovered, I decided to convert it into a track car instead. I'll do my best to keep the shiny side up!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chudson

It reminds me that some UK Jaguar XJ-S owners convert their headlamps to the dual USA ones, and USA owners convert to the one piece UK headlamps!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM
MGW-Fla
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Slate grey is one very sharp lookin color!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:37 PM
bombfactory
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adam, is that your new pad in the background? Looks killer!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM
grants_968
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boost feen

Here is a turbo S in Polar silver so close!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:30 PM
968 GUY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D1R...well um ..OK.
Seriously, the car looks great.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
It reminds me that some UK Jaguar XJ-S owners convert their headlamps to the dual USA ones, and USA owners convert to the one piece UK headlamps!
The grass is always greener on the other side. I remember when i owned my Volvo 850 R years ago....the U.S. guys were all converting their turn signals to clear euro spec signals, while the Euro guys where all converting their clear euro signals to u.s. spec amber signals.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
TheBlau
Racer

Originally Posted by 968 GUY
D1R...well um ..OK.
Seriously, the car looks great.
Yes, I went with the D1R splitter. I had no batwing on the car because it got ripped off and thrown away by an auto transport company. I wanted a splitter. For $300, the D1R gave me a replacement batwing and splitter in one.
The fitment and quality of the fiberglass is good, I didn't need to make any adjustments and it fit right up. The holes were all marked in the right positions to drill for the factory mounting bolts. So far I only have good things to say about the quality of it.

In terms of appearance - it's good, but I do like the factory splitter look a lot more. If (or as many here will say, "when") the splitter ever gets broken from these awesome Boston roads, I'll probably pony up for the factory one. My M030 struts are dialed all the way down, so I've already scraped the underside going over bumps/frost heaves/road repairs, and can't make it into my garage at work without a scrape.

Ultimately, I would like the Techart one, but those are unobtanium.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:06 PM
porsche_968
Advanced

Ditto on the Tech-Art........
Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 AM
TheBlau
Racer

Took some proper photos...have a few more but don't want to clog it up too bad for all you guys on uhh...dialup?

Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Slate Grey is a color Porsche used in the fifties, still looking great.

Quick Reply: Slate Grey Coupes?