Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Matt Murray
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old VIN:
WP0AA2968SS82077

Those production numbers were from Peter Morgan's book. So Morgan's numbers are off? I'll try to scan the book with the numbers.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Murray
Old VIN:
WP0AA2968SS82077

Those production numbers were from Peter Morgan's book. So Morgan's numbers are off? I'll try to scan the book with the numbers.
Your VIN is missing a zero (SS820077) but I have the car. Nice one, Black with black partial leather interior, #1992 of the 2,234 production run, #17 of the 259 1995s. M030 w/17"s, painted crest center caps, limited slip, sport seats, painted rear spoiler. Black is the most popular with the 968 coupes and the M030s as well.

Yeah, Morgan's NA production numbers are wrong.

Jeff
Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

MO30 with sport seats, 17" cups, limited slip, black/black, last year-that's a Grail car for some.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Matt Murray
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes 820077. And yes a grail car for me. The car was built right. M030 came with the 17" wheels so it is sort of redundant. A hell of a package (the M030) for $2,017 on the sticker. I have the Monroney somewhere.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

there are a couple really nice '95 M030 Coupes for sale right now. The Silver & Green Cars.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Matt, is the car out of Danbury Porsche? Years ago, while attending a CVR meeting there I saw a beautiful black M030.
Jeff
Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fox944
there are a couple really nice '95 M030 Coupes for sale right now. The Silver & Green Cars.
The green one is the repaint/former track car, right? I had that sucker sideways up a steep hill once.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
The green one is the repaint/former track car, right? I had that sucker sideways up a steep hill once.
Most M030's have been tracked as thats what they are made for and people who buy them, typically autox or de their cars. If you own an M030 Coupe and payed a premium for it, but don't have any fun with it...wasted money imho, especially considering the fact that ride quality is compromised with the M030.

And thats is correct, the car has been repainted as the rockers & front bumper had stone chips here and there. So now its fresh again. Really nice car. I had the pleasure of driving it for several days and its a well sorted M030 coupe in great shape with a few bolt on braces. Had some cool factory options as well including a 12way power adjustable drivers seat.

As far as the green cars history goes...i don't have many details. But prior to the current owner (who brought the car back up to snuff mechanically & cosmetically), a gentlemen who now owns a Speed yellow cab owned it and prior to that, Raj owned it. Raj was the 2nd owner if i'm not mistaken, and the original owner did some DE's with the car.

Really nice car imho. Just not a fan of the wheels (most people like them, i dont).
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

(Green car) Had some cool factory options as well including a 12way power adjustable drivers seat.
And one of two Aventurine green M030s....
Old 03-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Most M030's have been tracked as thats what they are made for and people who buy them, typically autox or de their cars. If you own an M030 Coupe and payed a premium for it, but don't have any fun with it...wasted money imho, especially considering the fact that ride quality is compromised with the M030.

And thats is correct, the car has been repainted as the rockers & front bumper had stone chips here and there. So now its fresh again. Really nice car. I had the pleasure of driving it for several days and its a well sorted M030 coupe in great shape with a few bolt on braces. Had some cool factory options as well including a 12way power adjustable drivers seat.

As far as the green cars history goes...i don't have many details. But prior to the current owner (who brought the car back up to snuff mechanically & cosmetically), a gentlemen who now owns a Speed yellow cab owned it and prior to that, Raj owned it. Raj was the 2nd owner if i'm not mistaken, and the original owner did some DE's with the car.

Really nice car imho. Just not a fan of the wheels (most people like them, i dont).
For many Porsche enthusiasts a repaint is a deal breaker; and for me each DE takes a little bit of the life out of the car. Others may feel differently. But I'd take track time and repaint into consideration, in a negative way, if two candidates were equal. That car had severe nose and hood rash when Raj had it-it was a woman driver who DE'd it, and I'm sure it spent time in the gravel off track to get that much.

And while it's nice to have the MO30 stamped in your options page, you can better the suspension and brakes with aftermarket upgrades easily enough yourself.

Priced right, to the car's condition and the market, and anyone should be able to sell a car.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

That may be true, but i couldnt care less if a cars been repainted. I dont buy cars to use as garage furniture or to sell at barret jackson 15 years later. I buy them to drive them. A good repaint can be better then factory if done right. A good repaint is something i would rather have then then a car whose paint looks bad and is in need of a repaint to look good.

I also feel the opposite in regards to a DE event. A properly maintained car in perfect running order is one i'd rather have then a garage queen that is never driven. Fluids are running, the car isnt sitting. Opening up a car from time to time is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Sure, all else being equal i would rather have a car with original paint then a repaint (granted the original pait still looks good).

In regards to Severe nose and hood rash...I don't know what your defenition of severe is, but i had the car in my possession for a few days. And, while it did had stone chips...i wouldnt call it "sever hood/nose rash". It looked normal for a car its age imho. Working in the auto business for 7 years, i've seen tens of thousands of cars of all makes and models...and what you call severe is anything but imho. You can agree to disagree.

Didnt you say some people consider a '95 M030 car a grail car just a few posts up? you sure can get better aftermarket upgrades (which is why i did not care to get an m030 car when i bought mine), however...then...like the paint job...it wont be original.

I looked at the car, drove the car. Considering the option's it has as well as the year & color...this car is an awesome car for anyone looking to get into an M030. Especially now after its been overhauled and has zero issues (unlike when biotechee purchased the car).
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Obviously, if paint is so terrible a repaint is necessary to sell the car, then the delta value between a well peppered original and a repaint shifts. But it's still a knock down from original paint. You're far in the minority in the Porsche world on that point.

And I totally disagree about track/non tracked cars. Just because a DE car has to pass tech before hitting a track doesn't mean it's better cared for than a normally used car. There are just as many well kept 'weekend' cars as DE/tracked cars.

DE's are fun, but you get windshield dings, undercarriage damage (especially if you have an off), you can have your oil pickup tube go, more stress on everything. If you think that helps the value of a car then we do disagree.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For many Porsche enthusiasts a repaint is a deal breaker
-snip-
And while it's nice to have the MO30 stamped in your options page, you can better the suspension and brakes with aftermarket upgrades easily enough yourself.

Priced right, to the car's condition and the market, and anyone should be able to sell a car.
I agree
That may be true, but i couldnt care less if a cars been repainted. I dont buy cars to use as garage furniture or to sell at barret jackson 15 years later. I buy them to drive them. A good repaint can be better then factory if done right.
I agree

A good repaint is something i would rather have then then a car whose paint looks bad and is in need of a repaint to look good.
I disagree- purposely bought a 10 footer so I wouldn't have to obsess about the detailing, etc.

You're far in the minority in the Porsche world on that point.
I agree, but I am in that minority too
Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Well posted Mark.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Matt Murray
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Links please?

Quick Reply: Production # question for Jeff