Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Various new 968 products, Turbo RS type II wing, 993 headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:32 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, these things available yet? I'd like to see them installed but otherwise im very interested!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:04 AM
shipard
Advanced

Hi,

These look awesome..........i maybe interested in these if the test drive early next week goes well.

It will help reduce the 968 CS weight even more so keen to know the weight difference and the cost. Keep up the good work

regards

clayton
Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 PM
porsche_968
Advanced

Since this post is about new products from D9...How about a front splitter.....
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM
future
Banned

Any thoughts on making Tech Art front splitter that is no longer available?
Sorry no - It's a Techart product. I PM you Tobias Beyer's email address at Techart in Germany whom can help you

Mark, these things available yet? I'd like to see them installed but otherwise im very interested!
Mate, yes the ducts with integrated projector lights are now available. we need to take some proper pics and I'll post as soon as they land in my inbox plus add to our site.

Hi,

These look awesome..........i maybe interested in these if the test drive early next week goes well.

It will help reduce the 968 CS weight even more so keen to know the weight difference and the cost. Keep up the good work

regards

clayton
Hi Clayton, I'll post the weight info for you end of this week as Beni is in Spain at the moment

Since this post is about new products from D9...How about a front splitter.....
Hi Porsche_968 ... we do make a 968 Turbo S front splitter:

^ We will be making a new front bumper and splitter later on this year which is already in planning stages more for track application though

Best regards,
Mark
Old 02-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When do these things ever appear on the website?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by future
Sorry no - It's a Techart product. I PM you Tobias Beyer's email address at Techart in Germany whom can help you
Many parts are contracted out to other suppliers (like the 968 CS steering wheel for example). The Techart splitter carried a Porsche part number and was avail through Porsche dealers.

Any reason you are against creating a replica of this splitter, but not of the Turbo S splitter?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

sent Mark an email today about the availability of the ducts/fogs and he was extremely prompt in informing me that they are indeed on the website (just use search) and available, just no pics yet.
Thanks Mark!
Chris
Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
future
Banned

sent Mark an email today about the availability of the ducts/fogs and he was extremely prompt in informing me that they are indeed on the website (just use search) and available, just no pics yet.
Thanks Mark!
Chris
Hi Chris, Thanks for your email and always a pleasure mate

I'll send you a PM shortly about the front clear bumper blinkers we discussed

Many parts are contracted out to other suppliers (like the 968 CS steering wheel for example). The Techart splitter carried a Porsche part number and was avail through Porsche dealers.

Any reason you are against creating a replica of this splitter, but not of the Turbo S splitter?
Hi Fox (sorry mate you must PM me your real name again)

The front splitter designed and produced by Techart is still available to the best of my knowledge direct. We will not replicate a third party product for ethical reasons as this simply is not fair to the original manufacturer whom have invested considerable development and moulding monies plus we do not have PU manufacturing facilities.

As stated I am more than willing to provide contact details to Techart for their product if anybody wishes to talk directly.

Best regards,
Mark
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by future
Hi Fox (sorry mate you must PM me your real name again)

The front splitter designed and produced by Techart is still available to the best of my knowledge direct. We will not replicate a third party product for ethical reasons as this simply is not fair to the original manufacturer whom have invested considerable development and moulding monies plus we do not have PU manufacturing facilities.

As stated I am more than willing to provide contact details to Techart for their product if anybody wishes to talk directly.

Best regards,
Mark
Ok, that makes sense. I wasnt sure if the piece was still in production with Techart. I believe they are NLA with Porsche.

BTW, my name is Dino.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM
future
Banned

Ok, that makes sense. I wasnt sure if the piece was still in production with Techart. I believe they are NLA with Porsche.

BTW, my name is Dino.
Thanks Dino <-- I promise not to forget again mate
Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 PM
shipard
Advanced

Hi Mark,

Just a quick question, have you had a chance to check out the weight of the original guards haeadlights vs your modified version.

thanks in advance and keep up the good work

regards

clayton
Old 03-06-2011, 03:11 PM
porsche_968
Advanced

Hi Mark,
thanks for replying to my questions with the splitter. It is/was my understanding that TechArt no longer make their 968 splitter so I asked. If they are still making it, I'll follow up or if a RL lister may post a sale.
Will check your web site to see the upcoming splitter. Will it be FRP and not fiberglass?
Thanks for doing all this..... Great stuff
Old 04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

A bump for pics of the 968 with the 993 headlights.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Paul RN
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For future reference Techart no longer produce or have any 968 splitters available. Jörg Christiansen ( j.christiansen@techart.de ) over at Techart in Germany has been really helpful tracking down some techart wheels for me, but hes confirmed the splitter for the 968 is sold out and will not be produced anymore. Shame really, but I guess it would only have ever been a limited/decreasing market.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

pm sent Mark.

Quick Reply: Various new 968 products, Turbo RS type II wing, 993 headlight conversion