968 Forum 1992-1995

'Ruf' intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDude1
I think if anything, this thread has increased the chances of it selling.
So his misuse of words well have helped.
Great stradegy.
His misuse of words did exactly what he intended them to do, get him way more hits on his auction and more exposure. And no one here is mislead by the title anyway, as we all know this is not a RUF manifold and such a manifold does not exist.

Agreed that its a great strategy, he accomplished exactly what his goal was....thanks to a fellow RL member.

Last edited by Fox944; 09-08-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Send the seller a message.
Get over it.
If your reply above was directed at me, I see no reason to contact the buyer, since I have no interest in the item and it does not involve Rennlist.

Had this been posted FS on RL, then I would have contacted the buyer and asked him to clarify the title, since it is obviously misleading, implied or otherwise.

There is nothing for me to "Get Over"; it has simply been a topic of discussion

Great stradegy.
I don't believe there is a 'd' in strategy. I would be more than happy to edit your post and correct the mistake, unless of course your use of the word "stragedy" was simply to increase the chances of the post being read
Old 09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ltc
I don't believe there is a 'd' in strategy. I would be more than happy to edit your post and correct the mistake, unless of course your use of the word "stragedy" was simply to increase the chances of the post being read
The irony! Poking fun at someones spelling error and then misspelling his spelling error one sentence later.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the beating a dead horse emoticon?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great stradegy.
Well, it didn't sell, and has been relisted . . . he didn't get $1,000 for it and it looks like he's not getting $300 for it either, RUF scam or not.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

lol@ruf scam

I dont think anyone in their right mind believes the seller is cheating or defrauding people in anyway for this to qualify as a scam. I also don't think anyone here is stupid enough to be mislead by the sellers title. lastly, i don't think anyone here is stupid enough to purchase any item they arnt sure of without asking questions first.

Either way, the seller got more exposure with the use of the word RUF....so he accomplished exactly what he wanted. The entire 968 community on RL now knows there is a gorgeous red manifold for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fox944
lol@ruf scam

I dont think anyone in their right mind believes the seller is cheating or defrauding people in anyway for this to qualify as a scam. I also don't think anyone here is stupid enough to be mislead by the sellers title. lastly, i don't think anyone here is stupid enough to purchase any item they arnt sure of without asking questions first.

Either way, the seller got more exposure with the use of the word RUF....so he accomplished exactly what he wanted. The entire 968 community on RL now knows there is a gorgeous red manifold for sale if anyone is interested.
What he wanted to do was sell it. It didn't. It's relisted. Usually the price goes down when that happens. Mission accomplished exactly how?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

perhaps you didnt get it the first time, so i will reiterate for you. He accomplished his mission because he got way more hits on his auction and a lot more exposure. The puprose of adding Ruf to the end of the title was just that; more hits & more exposure. You helped him achieve that.

Did it help him sell, no...not that we know of. BUt now the entire 968 RL community knows this manifold exists and is for sale. Someone may want it, someone may not have loged in and viewed this thread yet but will in the near future and will want this manifold. A manifold they would not have seen had you not posted this thread. A thread you would not have posted had the seller not put the word Ruf in his auction. So you see, its a domino effect that gets his products way more exposure and increases the likelyhood of them selling.

Like it or not, Its an Excellent strategy in my opinion. He is a stand up guy and sells top notch products. Using the word ruf isnt harming anyone.

I'm done beating this dead horse.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

I'm not surprised-you want to misrepresent cars and now parts. And the phony RUF part is now up again on ebay, let's see what it fetches. It does cost him more $ each listing, cutting into his profit. Maybe having it viewed on Rennlist actually made some people not buy it . . .
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
I'm not surprised-you want to misrepresent cars and now parts. And the phony RUF part is now up again on ebay, let's see what it fetches. It does cost him more $ each listing, cutting into his profit. Maybe having it viewed on Rennlist actually made some people not buy it . . .

Do not mistake me for yourself. I never misrepresent any cars or parts for that matter(In the event that i do, i was misinformed and would gladly admit to being wrong). Try Again.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Thanks for pointing out my shortcomings.....
I really feel dumb now.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fox944
Do not mistake me for yourself. I never misrepresent any cars or parts for that matter(In the event that i do, i was misinformed and would gladly admit to being wrong). Try Again.
Guess you weren't done after all!

You think you're getting a RUF, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZJD9lTXs7Q

Last edited by Damian in NJ; 09-08-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

hhhhhhmmmmmmmm! To mislead is to mislead. We think that everyone on this site is knowledgeable about their car, he is counting on the one finding the one fool on Fleabay who is not. All in order to make a quick $$$$$$$
It has been for sale for a long time, so I guess the only fool is the one who keeps offering it for sale.

Remember Karma is a Bitch!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Who knows maybe he paid RUF to powder coat it?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedBump
Who knows maybe he paid RUF to powder coat it?
I am sure if that was the case, he would have mentioned it as the 1st word in his sale, don't you think?lol
I can just imagine...
" RUF powercoated 968 intake manifold!!!"
For some reason, I doubt it. It would have also been mentioned in the description.

Raj

Quick Reply: 'Ruf' intake manifold