CA craigslist cab - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

CA craigslist cab

Old 06-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Damian in NJ
Super User

Default CA craigslist cab

Same this car on the main waterpumper board here.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1244321747.html
Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
rpm's S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

What an interesting color combination. Love the exterior. The interior probably matches it well, but hard to tell with the low-res images.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Larry L
Master of drive-by provocation
24/7 RL OT P&C Addict
Rennlist Member

I've seen that color combo in the flesh.

To be charitable - it's less than 'appetizing'.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
John Etnier
Addict
Rennlist Member

The gray is killer.

That purple reminds me of the 80's when so many 944's were coming to the US with a puke-"Burgundy" interior color.

"Light allow wheels": so that's why they have those big openings!!! You learn something new every day.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 PM
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default cab

Good spot Damian and that is another rare one. Although they made 47 slate gray metallic 968 cabs, the 8th most popular color, only 2 of them had magenta interiors (and both had magenta tops). Both are early cars with one being #23 off the line. I'll bet it has the recessed hood badge. Hope some gets it who will appreciate it.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Larry L
24/7 RL OT P&C Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
Good spot Damian and that is another rare one. Although they made 47 slate gray metallic 968 cabs, the 8th most popular color, only 2 of them had magenta interiors (and both had magenta tops). Both are early cars with one being #23 off the line. I'll bet it has the recessed hood badge. Hope some gets it who will appreciate it.

If there are only two, then the other one has either been parted or is a rebuilt salvage title car. The one I saw had been hit in the front, and had a salvage title. I was planning to buy it to rebuild, and passed when I saw the fugly interior color.

Seems like it was around the same time that a mint car like yours was for sale on the east coast. Had to have been 5 or 6 years ago.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

These colors are rare for a reason. They did not make allot of them because they are so unattractive, they could not sell them.

I'd imagine if you needed a magenta door panel or any other interior part,
you'd be hosed.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheDude1 View Post
These colors are rare for a reason. They did not make allot of them because they are so unattractive, they could not sell them.
Well, we know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and most North American buyers like red/black/white/silver but some would say the magenta is attractive. Still, now that 968 production is behind us I think the unusual cars are the most interesting and that car is pretty neat. Now personally, i prefer a loud color on the outside and a neutral color on the inside but others may feel the opposite.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
jeff968
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry L View Post
If there are only two, then the other one has either been parted or is a rebuilt salvage title car. The one I saw had been hit in the front, and had a salvage title. I was planning to buy it to rebuild, and passed when I saw the fugly interior color.

Seems like it was around the same time that a mint car like yours was for sale on the east coast. Had to have been 5 or 6 years ago.

I have the VINs if someone is interested and wants to run a carfax. I'm not sure which one is the CA car in the ad.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Larry L
24/7 RL OT P&C Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
I have the VINs if someone is interested and wants to run a carfax. I'm not sure which one is the CA car in the ad.
I'll be shopping cars in a week or two. I'll hit you up for them after I open my Carfax account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: