968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Turbo RS Strut Brace

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
BTW, you claim to have the most powerful NA 968. Care to setup a dyno day? I will bring mine, you bring yours?
Maybe we can get a few other folks as well. I figured you are local
Raj
correct. I claim i have the most powerfull naturally aspirated streetable 968 i know of.

246RWHP
238LBS/Ft

and counting.

That was with big 18" wheels/tires and a Cat still on the car.

If you know of a street car thats more powerfull without the use of F/I...do tell.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:29 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Would love to see it do that for myself. So, can we setup some sort of a dyno day or something?
Raj
Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Moook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet more animosity between here + "forums"... Flippin heck chaps, just get on with it, lifes too short....
Yes Mr flush, can be a "tad" annoying + overbearing, trying to FORCE his thoughts down some poor unwitting souls throut, but theres ALWAYS somebody like him on all forums....Some of the stuff hes come up with is good, other is a total waste of time...[Only my opinion + yes im entitled to that]...
Just take what you want from these forums + run with it....
Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Would love to see it do that for myself. So, can we setup some sort of a dyno day or something?
Raj

Come see my Dyno sheets. I'll gladly have a Dyno day with you as well. You are also welcome to bring you car and run some 1/4's at the track. I'm either going to the Porsche drive this Sunday or going to the drag strip. Havnt decided 100%.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:38 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Where are your dynosheets?
So no response to Steve's post about D1 brace flex? Does he have an axe to grind as well?
Raj
Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Where are your dynosheets?
So no response to Steve's post about D1 brace flex? Does he have an axe to grind as well?
Raj
What exactly would you like me to respond to steve with? Does he have an Axe to grind? Not that i know of. Your grudge as well as Damian's are obvious however. And thats fine, as i told Damian. I couldnt care less how the grudge started, or whos fault it was. I'm not here to make friends, nor am i here to make enemys. I am simply here to learn and spread knowledge i have aquired. If i make a friend or two in the process, thats great. If i make an enemy or two, thats not so great. But it is what it is.

If the D1 Brace does have issues with rigidity, thats perfectly fine. I'll be the first to admit the KLA is a better brace despite having clearance issues. Like i said, i have no alligiance. I'm willing to learn as well as spread my knowledge. If a product works, thats great, if it does not...oh well. Good thing there are several choices and everyone can choose whats best for them and what fits their budget.

When it comes to D1/RS Barn products, knowing that you and Damian are pretty much enemys with Bob/Pete; i will take your word with a grain of salt. however, When it comes to other products, knowing that you have great knowledge on these cars, i'll gladly take heavy consideration on what you have to say.

My Dyno sheets are at home In my Binder along with the rest of my paperwork on the car. If you'd like to see them, PM me. I'll gladly give you my Mobile #. Maybe you can come out to the drive this sunday and i'll bring them along. Or if you prefer, we can go to the track. I am easily swayed both ways as i'm 50/50 on which i'd rather do and i have buddies going to both.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

I think it would be better if you just post the dyno sheets. This way it will help the community. Also, since you laid your claims here, it would make sense that you back them up here.
Sounds good?
Raj
Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting thread I'm going to follow and read...
Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

i dont see how posting my Dyno sheets will help the community. But if you think it will help you, you can set up this Dyno day you mentioned. In the meantime, when i have time i'll scan and post my Dyno Sheets (that will be soon btw).
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

1st you say..
Originally Posted by Fox944
The Design 1 Strut Brace is a better design then the KLA sturt brace (i have a KLA personally, only because the Design 1 brace was not yet avail. when i bought mine). A lot of people had clearance issues with the KLA, leaving dimples in their hood as well as scuffing the vanity cover on the engine. These problems dont exist with the Design 1 STB.
and then you say..
Originally Posted by Fox944
If the D1 Brace does have issues with rigidity, thats perfectly fine. I'll be the first to admit the KLA is a better brace despite having clearance issues.
So which one is it. You seem to be going back and forth on this, no?
Also, its common knowledge on any forum that if you boast dyno numbers, be ready to back them up. What I asked is normal protocol for such claims.
Raj
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

1st you say..

and then you say..

So which one is it. You seem to be going back and forth on this, no?
Also, its common knowledge on any forum that if you boast dyno numbers, be ready to back them up. What I asked is normal protocol for such claims.
Raj

Correct, The D1 Brace is better to my knowledge based on the reasons given. If in fact the KLA is better, i'd be the first to admit it. What arnt you understanding here?

I didnt start a thread boasting #'s. But like i said, i will post my Dyno Sheets as i planned. And i plan to start a thread on the topic when i do.

So when are we having this Dyno Day Champ?

And are you coming out to the Track this Sunday? If i go to the track, rather then the the Drive; i'll be sure to post my time slips as well.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

For those interested, before this went off topic.....

This is the 968 Turbo RS Strut Tower Brace.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:41 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

I dunno, you tell me. Like I said earlier, set it up, I will be happy to bring mine. Since you are getting such high numbers, I am sure you would want it to be a place of your choice.
The topic was about turbo RS strut brace until you tried to use it as an opportunity to shill some products.
If you want to keep things on topic, stays with the discussion. No need to shill.
Raj
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

You asked if we can set up a Dyno day. So Set one up, otherwise you can wait untill the next time i go to the Dyno...i will be sure to invite you. I couldnt care less what dyno you pick or where you pick it. I can only make one promise. My car will Dyno higher then any naturally aspirated streetable 968 you bring along.

Save your banter for another thread. In the meantime you are invited to come out to the track this sunday.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

3 total post until 3/29/06 and then all of a sudden 38 posts in 2 days. I am sure people and can see who is doing the bantering. You sure seem to have come alive.
Good luck with your track day.
Raj

Quick Reply: 968 Turbo RS Strut Brace