968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Turbo RS Strut Brace

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:20 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would venture to say the factory RS brace in question would not clear a stock intake manifold.

The cross sectional area of the RS brace is much thicker than any other brace out there.

Picture showing clearance of the D1 strut brace.

I would say a gap in the market was filled with the D1 brace.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:20 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fox944
was that before or after you burned your car to the ground?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may clear with the vanity cover removed. looking at those pics, even then it seems as though it would be a tight fit.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

I have a close up of the RS showing the clearance between the brace and intake on my CPU at home. I will send you a pic this weekend.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Awesome, it would be much appreciated.

BTW, Your engine looks superb. I had a picture of it saved on my PC @ home since i first saw it on forums.com a couple years ago...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 PM
968workaholic
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raj, just curious to see how you would have the time to go to the dyno to see dino's numbers when you haven't had the time to test the D9 chip that you have had for months now. Maybe Damian could bring his car with all of the mods that he has done.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 968workaholic
Raj, just curious to see how you would have the time to go to the dyno to see dino's numbers when you haven't had the time to test the D9 chip that you have had for months now. Maybe Damian could bring his car with all of the mods that he has done.

I'm still waiting to see the Dyno results on Damians car, which both Raj and Damian claimed would be making over 280BHP and claimed they would share with the community how they got there. That was nearly 2 years ago.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're kidding, right? Raj's car has had less paint and bodywork than a certain midnight blue california cab . . .
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry guys for taking so long on getting back to you .
Funny, it comes from someone who claims to have no axe to grind. Hey believe everything people tell you. I am surprised that it is the best your collective thinking can bring.
Originally Posted by PorscheDude1
You keep hiding behind that wall as always .
Originally Posted by 968workaholic
Well, we will have to wait and see depending on when he decides to do the dyno. If I do, I will definitely test the D9 chip. I can't speak for Damian. He will answers his own questions.
Originally Posted by PorscheDude1
Oh, look who came out of the hiding.

I must really have someone rattled that there has been so much activity from the shills and puppets. I mean, do you guys have conf calls to discuss what your strategy is for today? lol. 1st Jay comes out swinging, then you use 944fox username to post (flash), and we have our usual suspects in PD and 968workaholic (Pete).

I gotta give it to Pete, never does the dirty work himself, pulls a few strings and the puppets do it all. Kinda makes sense as a businessman.

I mean, how pathetic are you guys? Hiding behind different usernames and guises. Is business that slow? Is forums that slow that you have to come to rennlist to start crap. Don't worry, you are just showing everyone here what you are all about.

As far as the self proclaimed RS built by the factory, here is some shots..

People can see for themselves what the car was all about. BTW, I know Pete started doing his own bodywork, did he actually do it all himself or gave it out to a pro?

Now, on to the story. I went with Pete upon his request to identify if the car had a real turbo S engine or not. There were some ramblings that the original engine was sold and someone threw in a standard 951 engine. Eric Krause was also interested in the car at the time and can attest to this rumor.

We picked up the car and brought it to Pete's place. Started disassembling it. Pete wanted to just run the car as is and I convinced him to take the head off. Once we took the head off, we found that someone had swapped the factory turbo S pistons with standard 16 valve pistons that are built for alusil blks. Now this was a major issue since the pistons tore up the cylinder walls rendering the block useless. Pete needed turbo S pistons. I leant him spare turbo RS pistons that came as spares with my engine. Pete sent those out to JE to get copies made. Pete then gave the car to Wil from Precision to get it running who then contacted Michael Mount to fix the block. Me and Pete had a disagreement and decided to part ways. Last I know, some process was used to restore the block and it is running JE pistons. So, the car does not have factory turbo S or RS pistons, just your standard JE's.

What else would you guys like to know. I hope the stories match with what you have been told .

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Raj
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

I'm sure. Just like your car should be making over 280BHP like...last year.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm still waiting to see the Dyno results on Damians car, which both Raj and Damian claimed would be making over 280BHP and claimed they would share with the community how they got there. That was nearly 2 years ago.
Point me to the post where I mentioned it was complete; I'm not a fan of the 'coming soon, too many projects, gotta get this right, the results will prove the point, no worries' attitude. Different opportunities show up, and one did for me. It's still an ongoing project.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

I'll point you to posts where you claimed it would be complete in summer of '07, then another post where you claimed it would be complete by fall of '08. we are now nearing the end of 1/4 1 in 2009. Where is this 280HP Beast? Raj promised to post Dyno sheets and let the community know exactly what was done to achieve this 280+BHP level of power.

Where are the Dyno results Raj promised over a year ago comparing the D9 chip to several other chips?

You guys seem to talk the talk, but do not walk the walk. Raj challenges me to a Dyno Day, but then backs off when i accept his offer. Listen. You, Raj or anyone else want a Dyno day. PM me, i will give you my Phone #. Call me. I will set it up for the first sunday you are available.

I will post my Dyno sheets before the end of next week and possibly as soon as tommorow. When i have time, as it is not a priority in my life. But i can promise you, you will see them. In the meantime, anyone who would like to see them in person is welcome to pm me their # or ask for mine and meet me this Sunday.

Lastly, Please leave my thread as you are not helping or adding any information in regards to the thread topic. Otherwise i will ask for this thread to be locked.

Cheers Buddy.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:30 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Leave your thread!! You keep taking it off topic. I guess my last post was not liked. I can always create another one if this one goes away .
More than a yr, lets look at the original thread..
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...-new-motronic-
5/29/08. You must be that wiz kid that skipped grades. Missed the counting class.
I didn't back down. Set up a dyno, I will be there. What else do you want me to say?
Raj
Old 02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

LOL@ Flash using the Fox944 name to post. PM and Call me Raj. LOL@ challanging me to a Dyno day and then asking me to set the dyno day up. I'm still waiting for your PM and phone call so you can bring that 968 cab of yours out to NYC and get it on a Dyno right after i set the Bar with my coupe.

Get this straight kiddo. My name is Dino. I'm from New York City (Not California). I drive a 1995 968 Coupe which put down 245.6RWHP (a number you are dreaming of with Damians car) & 238.3LBS/Ft @ the Wheels.

Now do me a favor, and leave my thread as you are not longer contributing any usefull information. You are just rambling.

Quick Reply: 968 Turbo RS Strut Brace