968 Forum 1992-1995

May 19 - Annapolis FunDay - 968 Owners & Other Porsche Friends

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
kathy968
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up May 19 - Annapolis FunDay - 968 Owners & Other Porsche Friends

Hi everyone! I'm new to Rennlist, looking forward to talking with you. I'm the happy owner of a 1992 968 cab, horizon blue, 54,000 miles. Wanted to invite you to some fun on Saturday May 19 in Annapolis, MD.

Some of us 968ers are gathering in Annapolis, and invite other Porsches (968 or other models) to join us. We have 8 968's and a 986 so far. Would be great to have a few more Porsches. Space is limited...sign up now!

Come join us in historic and picturesque Annapolis, Maryland and a drive on the eastern shore! Crabs and beer! Beautiful Chesapeake Bay scenery!!! Great photo ops!

We will have special reserved parking at the downtown city dock area (end of Dock Street, facing Susan B. Campbell park) from 9:00am-1:30pm. By special arrangement with the City of Annapolis, we are holding an "educational event" in the public interest -- showing off our babies and talking with passersby about our rare 968's (and other Porsche models that join us). At noon, we'll have lunch nearby, then head up Main Street and on backroads to the Bay Bridge for a fun drive to St. Michaels. If time allows, we can add on a ferry boat across a river to lovely Oxford, then drive back through Easton to Annapolis on Rt 50. We can have dinner in St. Mike's or back in Annapolis., based on everyone's schedules.

PM to kathy968 by midnight Thursday, May 10, if you'd like to join us. (I need to get a final parking space count to the city on Friday morning.) You're also welcome to just drop by on the 19th (parking on your own).

Cost: $25 for reserved parking per car, payable in advance via PayPal, check, or cash. These special reserved parking spaces are limited, first come first served. Lunch, dinner, and other refreshment costs -- pay as you go that day.

Time: Plan to arrive around 9:00 am. You can depart after lunch (around 1:30)or continue on our fun drive on the eastern shore.

Bring: items to spruce up your car (sorry, no access to a hose), folding chair, camera, sunscreen and big smiles!

Signs: To educate the public, make a sign for your windshield about your car. I'll provide signs with general facts about the 968.

Disclaimer: This event is not affiliated with any club or organization. Participation in this event is at the car owner's own risk.

Hope you can join us!

Last edited by kathy968; 05-08-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kathy welcome to Rennlist. It's looking bad for me to attend and I've been waiting as long as I could to respond.

Mark
Old 05-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Renalicious
Intermediate

Doh, all on the east coast, take some pics and videos for those who can't make it
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome to the 968 zoo, Kathy. Post your questions about your beautiful new car and there's a wealth of knowledge here to help you.

Harvey
Old 05-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

New to the "list" and already posting get togethers. All right.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd love to go and eat some crabcakes, but I have a conflict.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
kathy968
6th Gear

Hi guys! Great to see other 968ers out here!!! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've had Baby since May 2005...bought her on eBay (sight unseen, she was in FL, but she was in great shape), and over the last two years I've done a lot of 'deferred maintenance' and upgrades and minor cosmetic surgery to get her almost to showroom condition. New top, refurb'd wheels, new sound system, new brakes/rotors, new tires, fixed lots of leaks (replaced nearly every hose, gasket and dead wire), tensioners/belts/etc., fixed a fuel line rupture above the gas tank, lots of misc mechanical work, and some paintwork to fix minor blemishes. (Is a Porschephile someone who spends as much on the car as she paid for it?). She was finally ready for her closeup at this year's 968 Celebration...so it was sort of her 'coming out' party and first beauty pageant. I've been on 968forums.com, will also use Rennlist now that I know there really ARE other 968ers out there. And thanks, I'll be definitely seeking advice. Next project is suspension....but that will wait til the off season.

Sorry you can't make our Annapolis FunDay, but will post pic's after. (although probably not as cool as pic's on Renalicious's home page...see, Ren, someone DOES look at 'em!)

Damian, I've heard your name before (good things!) Didn't see you at the Celebration? Baby didn't take any awards (next time!), but I did win a big gift certificate from Pete at RS Barn...hmmmm, did I say suspension work?

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Last edited by kathy968; 05-09-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Kathy, glad to see you join us here. I remember you had your picnic table setup up. I spoke to you briefly about your car and its beautiful color. I own the Riviera Blue Cabriolet.
BTW, you did see Damian, he just didn't bring his car to the swap meet.
Regards.
Raj
Old 05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
kathy968
6th Gear

Ah, yes, now I remember! You (and Damian?) came by the little cocktail party at my car. And thank you again for the compliment on Baby's color. In fact, I was hoping to chat more with you guys...hopefully another time. I like your Riviera Blue...now THAT'S a fun color. You can't help but have a beach party wherever you go!

Last edited by kathy968; 05-09-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: May 19 - Annapolis FunDay - 968 Owners & Other Porsche Friends