Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

3.6 Turbo ... What's it worth? Collectible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Boeing 717

Received 263 Likes on 158 Posts

And congrats Lance that is absolutely a perfect car you have there.

JERRY
Old 01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
I just wrote the following thread which led me to this post: Click here.

Here's a picture of the car during the taping
Don't let them know we posted it to youtube ....
Old 01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
racelance
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Well i have to admit when i bought mine i really couldve cared less how much it would be worth in 5 years or more, its a car ive wanted since i was about 2 years old when my pop had his and i was going to get one no matter what. And its worth every single penny in terms of sheer enjoyment.

JERRY
Jerry-

I couldn't agree more with you. I've always loved the sexy style these cars have. Thanks for the compliments on your last post as well.

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 01-17-2007, 07:33 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
Well i have to admit when i bought mine i really couldve cared less how much it would be worth in 5 years or more, its a car ive wanted since i was about 2 years old when my pop had his and i was going to get one no matter what. And its worth every single penny in terms of sheer enjoyment.

JERRY
That is exactly how I felt buying my first 911.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

I bought my car almost 2 years ago and wasn't even thinking about resale.
I wanted this particular car and am glad I got it. I dont drive it much but when I
do I absolutly love it.

I put alot into it after purchase and am about to do more to get the car where I
think it should be. No mods, just getting it to near new condition.

There were a lot of people who gave me a hard time about what I paid and what
they offered or thought it was worth. Well now for simular examples of same milage
cars the price is far more than I paid. I have been contacted by numerous people with
all kinds of offers to purchase this car, but I'm keeping it. I have really been considering
buying another so I can drive it more as I dont want to pile the miles on this car, but I
do love the RUSH of driving it.

Last edited by Bad Boys 1; 05-17-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bad Boys 1
I bought my car almost 2 years ago and wasn't even thinking about resale.
I wanted this particular car and am glad I got it. I dont drive it much but when I
do I absolutly love it.

I put alot into it after purchase and am about to do more to get the car where I
think it should be. No mods, just getting it to near new condition.

There were a lot of people who gave me a hard time about what I paid and what
they offered or thought it was worth. Well now for simular examples of same milage
cars the price is far more than I paid. I have been contacted by numerous people with
all kinds of offers to purchase this car, but I'm keeping it. I have really been considering
buying another so I can drive it more as I dont want to pile the miles on this car, but I
do love the RUSH of driving it.
How many miles are on your car & what exactly did you do - by putting in a lot more money into it?

It looks incredible by the way...

Lance
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Lance , when I purchased the previous owner neglected some maintenance items.

I took the car to a friends shop..Bodymotion. I had a complete tune up, new brakes, new
rotors, new fuel pump, new mastercylinder had all the curb marks removed from the wheels
and then clear coated, all new tires. I had the body sanded with 2000 to remove any swirl
marks then buffed out. There was more I just dont have the reciept in front of me.
All told probably about 10K. It's now going to get new carpet, floor mats, new rear lights
and I'm going to have the front trunk repainted because it has some minor chips that drive
me crazy when I wax it.

All of these things weren't necessary its just that I like it to be as new. I'm probably going to
order new Speedlines and have the bolts chromed then sell mine when I get them.

I didn't purchase to flip it or turn a profit ( I have a job to earn money ) I just really like it
and want it the way I want it.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

BTW ........the milage is 33750. I purchased with 32940

Last edited by Bad Boys 1; 05-17-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 AM
turbo 3.6
Racer

Your tires will go square!!! ;-)
Old 01-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Boeing 717

Received 263 Likes on 158 Posts

Hey bad boys1, to me thats the fun of owning this car is trying to renew it little by little it always gives me something to look forward to. Did you sand it yourself then buff it or did you have someone do it???
Do you know what they buffed it with??? what compound i mean??

THanks
JERRY
Old 01-18-2007, 10:13 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

I think you put 25% of those miles on the car when you came up my way for the gathering in Secaucus. The car is beautiful and it didn't look like it needed much if anything. BTW the tail lights are a bit over rated. I replaced mine and although slightly better it wasn't a noticeable difference unless you have the 2 side by side to compare.

To me and many others your car is legendary. Although I liked the 964T when it first came out the BB movie really closed the deal and made the 94 stand out, always wanted one since. I never plan on selling mine either but I said that about my 74 RS clone and after 19 years I finally broke down and sold it. There was only one car for me to trade that car in for and it was the 94 turbo. There really are no newer cars I can say I lust for the way I did the '94 although there are many I appreciate and enjoy. So now I just add them to the collection, but they are still nothing compared to the 3.6T.

I just purchased a cherry '93 C2 for daily driving and my 944 is for sale. I love the rush of the turbo but save that fun for the special days. I too love to spend time cleaning and improving my car. I am one of those strange Concours people who loves to clean and show the car. Although that doesn't prevent me from using the car to its fullest when the time is right.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:46 AM
racelance
Instructor

Lance , when I purchased the previous owner neglected some maintenance items.

I took the car to a friends shop..Bodymotion. I had a complete tune up, new brakes, new
rotors, new fuel pump, new mastercylinder had all the curb marks removed from the wheels
and then clear coated, all new tires. I had the body sanded with 2000 to remove any swirl
marks then buffed out. There was more I just dont have the reciept in front of me.
All told probably about 10K. It's now going to get new carpet, floor mats, new rear lights
and I'm going to have the front trunk repainted because it has some minor chips that drive
me crazy when I wax it.

All of these things weren't necessary its just that I like it to be as new. I'm probably going to
order new Speedlines and have the bolts chromed then sell mine when I get them.

I didn't purchase to flip it or turn a profit ( I have a job to earn money ) I just really like it
and want it the way I want it.
Sounds as if you really helped this little Pcar - good on you! It certainly looks incredible in the pictures... my wheels aren't perfect, that's something I'd like to improve in the future - the car came that way... they are good, but not perfect.

Lance
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Bad Boys 1
Racer

Jerry.......I had all the work done by Bodymotion...They have done work on other cars I have
owned and they always do a great job. When I say they sanded the car, the 2000
or 2500 grit is like using a smooth piece of paper, it just removes light swirl marks
and doesn't hurt the clear coat. I don't know what they use to polish with after.

Anthony.....How are you?...I hope to attend some events this year and look forward to seeing
you guys. I still put that movie in occasionally and crank up the volume, my wife
thinks I'm a little nuts........maybe. If you get a chance pick up the special edition
of the movie and listen to the directors commentary. The director Michael Bay
tells why this car was used and then says " Some day people will say, hey thats
the car from the movie, that car will be worth something someday" I always
get a good laugh at that part. .......BTW I was going to contact you soon to see
if you had the info from the guy you bought the Speedlines from as I want a new
set. There's nothing wrong with mine, I just want new and have the bolts plated
like that set in the thread about the Speedline restoration. Those wheels look
incredible!

Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 04:00 AM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Bad Boy1, please post more pics!!! Great car!!!

Greetings Christian
Old 01-19-2007, 01:24 PM
nutter965
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

On a wee bit of a different note nothing to do with value that is in Bad Boys it starts with a 3.3 ( black Calipers) and finishes with a 3.6 (Red Calipers) .....

Quick Reply: 3.6 Turbo ... What's it worth? Collectible?