964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

My '94 Turbo on Discovery HD -- details within -->

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
racelance
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation My '94 Turbo on Discovery HD -- details within -->

My car was recently featured on a new show called Appraise My Car, it's on Discovery HD. You can only view the episodes if you have HDTV, but it's worth getting if you don't already have it. Here's a picture of my car when they were filming the show & I figured I'd share it with you:

It's definitely worth a watch!

Regards,

Lance
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I've been watching that series lately and noticed your Pcar in the opening credits. If you don't mind... how did your Turbo do and has the episode aired yet?? Great looking Pcar btw...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sloth
I've been watching that series lately and noticed your Pcar in the opening credits. If you don't mind... how did your Turbo do and has the episode aired yet?? Great looking Pcar btw...
Appraise my Car did one heck of a job - it's very professional. They said the car was in "excellent condition" which it is. They thought the overall collectability of the car was a "C" - which I disagree with, I feel it's a "B" - these cars I feel are tough to find and are in limited quantities. But only time will tell who's correct. They basically said it's an incredible car and you can't go wrong buying one, enjoying it on the road and selling it down the road & most likely putting money in your pocket all said and done.

They gave an estimate of purchasing the car between $50-60k (US). And felt my car was worth $70,000 because of the excellent condition/color combo. It was aired on the 4th episode. Here's a link to the episode guide: click here.

All in all - I felt they did a great job. Again, I feel in the long term these cars will become more desirable which in return will bring a greater value to the owners. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Lance

PS Here's something I just found too about my car on their website: click here
Old 01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
eyue
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link that I have seen..
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/01...lassic-car.htm
A great looking car indeed !
Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by eyue
Here is a link that I have seen..
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/01...lassic-car.htm
A great looking car indeed !
Ahhh... nice! Thanks for posting the link!

Sincerely,

Lance

PS I didn't know you could get it online like this...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
eyue
Racer

There are a lot more from that site !!!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
PS Here's something I just found too about my car on their website: click here
Wow it should really be worth so much more since it has the ultra-rare option of a 3.3 liter V-6 engine!
Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

All in all - I felt they did a great job. Again, I feel in the long term these cars will become more desirable which in return will bring a greater value to the owners. What are your thoughts?
Far from an expert, but I would tend to agree. To me, the last year of the rwd single turbo cars is something special that will only get harder to find as time goes on. Same with the 89 930 & 97 993TT, IMO.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by fpena944
Wow it should really be worth so much more since it has the ultra-rare option of a 3.3 liter V-6 engine!

Lance
Old 01-17-2007, 12:56 PM
eyue
Racer

Why would they say it's has a rare option---3.3 liter V-6 engine!
It should be a 3.6 litre,boxter engine, single turbo , last of the rwd air-cooled turbo !!!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by eyue
Why would they say it's has a rare option---3.3 liter V-6 engine!
It should be a 3.6 litre,boxter engine, single turbo , last of the rwd air-cooled turbo !!!
It was a simple typo on their website - they got it right on TV that's what counts!

Lance
Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,330 Posts

I agree, looks like a clerical error on someone punching in the facts. They got about 90% of all the info correct on the show and that is better than most. Although I wish our cars did 0-60 in 4 seconds flat.

Appraise my Car did one heck of a job - it's very professional. They said the car was in "excellent condition" which it is. They thought the overall collectability of the car was a "C" - which I disagree with, I feel it's a "B" - these cars I feel are tough to find and are in limited quantities. But only time will tell who's correct. They basically said it's an incredible car and you can't go wrong buying one, enjoying it on the road and selling it down the road & most likely putting money in your pocket all said and done.
I have to agree and I definitely think the 94's are closer to a B than a C. With the mileage and condition of your car you can probably get more than the $70k they felt it was worth. Ray Joseph of RPM motorsports has shown people will buy them at above that price. I had been offered $70k for my car several times and turned it down. My car is as clean as they get but it has 35k miles so that hurts its value some. But being a 1 of a kind color combo and 1 of 2 cobalt 94's in the US doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for sharing and I wish I got Discovery HD. My local provider does not offer it currently.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:47 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by cobalt
I agree, looks like a clerical error on someone punching in the facts. They got about 90% of all the info correct on the show and that is better than most. Although I wish our cars did 0-60 in 4 seconds flat.

I have to agree and I definitely think the 94's are closer to a B than a C. With the mileage and condition of your car you can probably get more than the $70k they felt it was worth. Ray Joseph of RPM motorsports has shown people will buy them at above that price. I had been offered $70k for my car several times and turned it down. My car is as clean as they get but it has 35k miles so that hurts its value some. But being a 1 of a kind color combo and 1 of 2 cobalt 94's in the US doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for sharing and I wish I got Discovery HD. My local provider does not offer it currently.
Thank you! Your car sounds incredible. I really do enjoy my car and I've been offered nice numbers on mine as well but have turned them down. Perhaps it's time for RPM Motorsports to start bumping the prices up, they seem to be the leader in sales for these cars.

Thanks a bundle!

Lance

PS If I were to sell my car I wouldn't sell it for a nickle under 75k right now - but feel the value in the future will increase.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Miles965uk
Burning Brakes

So how did you get that shine?

I dont think the '94s are going down, so thats the main point right? C or B still means it collectable but dont expect a massive return on your investment..... wait a minute it sounds like finanical product! Dont forget to add the value the excitment of owning and driving one
Old 01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
racelance
Instructor

Originally Posted by Miles965uk
So how did you get that shine?

I dont think the '94s are going down, so thats the main point right? C or B still means it collectable but dont expect a massive return on your investment..... wait a minute it sounds like finanical product! Dont forget to add the value the excitment of owning and driving one
I couldn't agree more - heck, go find another piece of artwork that you like to look at that only costs $70k give or take a few. The perk is that you're able to drive the heck out of it & enjoy it - life is good!

Lance

Quick Reply: My '94 Turbo on Discovery HD -- details within -->