Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

964 Turbo market

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2024 | 10:39 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
I believe the US market was the only one which a sunroof was a standard option. Other than the Cup and RSA. Canada has some different requirements early on with the 964 especially the airbags in the '90. AFAIK they all came with sunroofs though. It seems most people option cars with sunroofs. I have multiple cars with sun and panoramic roofs I never open. There are a number of 964's overseas without sunroofs. I have a friend who is specifically importing non sunroof 964's.
Older I get, the more I appreciate a good sunroof.

My cherry e46 m3 competition has a sunroof. Its a nice day drive to work car - sunroof is always open

First electronic item i checked on the 964T was to make sure sunroof was working smoothly

Last edited by audipwr1; 10-01-2024 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-01-2024 | 10:49 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I just sit all wrong in a 911 with a sunroof. It does me no good. Sun in my eyes and too much buffeting. The extra headroom is nice. I purchased a boxster GTS for drop top driving.

Hope all is to your liking?
Old 10-01-2024 | 11:16 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Another restored 3.6. This dealer in the Netherlands seems to have done a few recently.

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...-1993-4061314/

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...-1993-3933074/

View this post on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
Scott Dunavant (10-01-2024)
Old 10-02-2024 | 05:19 AM
turboholic
Racer

I have one of the very few non sunroof 965 and it was the main criteria for me when I looked for one back in 2007. Back then there was also a 3.6t which I checked out and it was only 10k€ more than my 3.3t, I didnt buy the 3.6 because it had a sunroof (looking at it now, it was a bad financial decision but a good decision for the extra headspace and cleaner look). Back then prices still were 5 digits for 3.3 and also 3.6! I wish I had a timemachine...
Old 10-02-2024 | 08:46 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Originally Posted by turboholic
I have one of the very few non sunroof 965 and it was the main criteria for me when I looked for one back in 2007. Back then there was also a 3.6t which I checked out and it was only 10k€ more than my 3.3t, I didnt buy the 3.6 because it had a sunroof (looking at it now, it was a bad financial decision but a good decision for the extra headspace and cleaner look). Back then prices still were 5 digits for 3.3 and also 3.6! I wish I had a timemachine...
The black car was a show car. It is my understanding that those had additional clear added so they could be buffed out after each showing without buffing through the clear. Why would car with extra paint need to be stripped down. I guess if done properly a cars past has little meaning these days so long as it presents well today. How much did the Amethyst sell for? That is strong money for the repainted car but they are rare.

IIRC there were 170+ 3.6T's made without a sunroof.

Last edited by cobalt; 10-02-2024 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-09-2024 | 04:01 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Saw RFM posted this video of the GP White 3.6 they had.

https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...bo-3.6-c-2198/

Old 10-09-2024 | 04:49 PM
wicks
Rennlist Member

I'm very curious about those front floor mats with "turbo 3.6"...can I find a nice set in cashmere...
Old Yesterday | 08:33 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wicks
I'm very curious about those front floor mats with "turbo 3.6"...can I find a nice set in cashmere...
I believe Lloyd mats made a “Turbo” and “Turbo S” script ones. These don’t look to be done by them. Maybe someone took a pair of those mats and put the “3.6” on them although it is in the incorrect font.

Also somehow didn’t notice before the aftermarket speakers in the passenger footwell behind the front seats. If I had this car they would be the first thing to go.

Last edited by RapidGT; Yesterday at 08:35 AM.
Old Yesterday | 10:10 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

They look like factory mats with the 3.6 added in wrong font. I have been trying to get someone to do that properly for me but even LLoyd just stitches a patch instead of true embroidery these days.

I agree with his sentiment that the 3.6T is my favorite car of all time. I know he paid up for this car but it has some questions. A very bare bones car and he is asking $500k essentially for condition.. I am sorry but for this much at least install an ashtray which is missing. The speedlines have been refinished and 3 out of 4 are improperly assembled. What concerns me most is both the engine deck lid and frunk lid appear to both be missing the vin stickers and no way to see the others except the 2 door jambs. . Also is it just me or does this car seem a bit slow based on the video? . I am sure it is nice but needs to be carefully inspected before purchasing. As he said GL finding clean nice examples. So I guess a little extra to fix the small stuff shouldn't matter to the buyer of this although fix the seat???

I am sure he will find a buyer for it.
Old Yesterday | 11:08 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
They look like factory mats with the 3.6 added in wrong font. I have been trying to get someone to do that properly for me but even LLoyd just stitches a patch instead of true embroidery these days.

I agree with his sentiment that the 3.6T is my favorite car of all time. I know he paid up for this car but it has some questions. A very bare bones car and he is asking $500k essentially for condition.. I am sorry but for this much at least install an ashtray which is missing. The speedlines have been refinished and 3 out of 4 are improperly assembled. What concerns me most is both the engine deck lid and frunk lid appear to both be missing the vin stickers and no way to see the others except the 2 door jambs. . Also is it just me or does this car seem a bit slow based on the video? . I am sure it is nice but needs to be carefully inspected before purchasing. As he said GL finding clean nice examples. So I guess a little extra to fix the small stuff shouldn't matter to the buyer of this although fix the seat???

I am sure he will find a buyer for it.
Going off some of the photos I can find can see VIN stickers on the front hood also both doors and jambs. Can’t find one on the rear decklid. The Gooding photos were more helpful.

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...hfMFiVDAOcWW4p
Old Yesterday | 02:19 PM
peterpullin
Racer

the most thing i wondered about was the red warning light over the whole video. and the steering that always turned right once he lifted hands.

Quick Reply: 964 Turbo market