964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Gratuitous Spring Polish/Wax Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts
Default Gratuitous Spring Polish/Wax Photos

It's been about 4 or 5 years since I did a complete exterior detailing of my car. Storing it at my friend's garage mahal provided an opportunity to see all the fine scratches that using a car cover made and a great opportunity to have enough lighting to remove them all. Fifteen hours later and it is ready to be seen in public again.
My friend was trying to convince me to sell and buy a Ferrari (F430). I was listening but my son talked sense to me later that night
Enjoy:

Old 05-13-2019, 04:35 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Beautiful Paul. And a great setting for the pics too.

very satisfying to finish a detailing like that. I'm thinking the first outing should be to a Cars & Coffee to get the most sets of eyes on er,.... then ya go for a nice long drive.

well done.
=Steve
Old 05-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Beautiful Paul. And a great setting for the pics too.

very satisfying to finish a detailing like that. I'm thinking the first outing should be to a Cars & Coffee to get the most sets of eyes on er,.... then ya go for a nice long drive.

well done.
=Steve
Thank you.
Oh, so you like that Kabota tractor two slots down huh?
My favorite road (Kirkway Drive, for any of you Michigan natives) and all the roads I usually terrorize in western Washtinaw county are crap so no long drives are in my future.
I'm not a big fan of C&C. At the one by my house, the cars get blocked in so you can't leave for 2-3 hours. I usually do one appearance there per year.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Take the Kobota down to the C&C with you,.. and just "move" them out of your way when you feel like leaving ("I pick things up & I put them dowwwwn")

I have 2 C&C's down here to visit, the Saturday one is an hour+ drive if I take the back roads and is just north of Baltimore. It's big, and plenty of room to park next to your favorite crew of cars.

The Sunday C&C is much smaller in downtown Annapolis by the City Docks,... which is a awesome backdrop for pictures with the US Naval Academy on one side, and the Chesapeake Bay on the other.
Ya gotta get there early for that one though, as they only really have like 50 slots, and all the heavy hitters scarf them up quick. If you don't get a spot, you might as well leave since you'll be parking with all the soccer Mom's getting coffee at the docks & kids slamming their doors into the side of your car. I just keep driving right on out when that happens. I haven't been to that one in a couple years, so I'll need to get up early soon, and do that this summer to get a few pics.

Thanks for the quick distraction from my job here. Still working this evening, but decided to jump into RL & look at a few cars.
=Steve
Old 05-15-2019, 05:20 PM
a thompson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul,
Never seen your car look better. And what a nice garage, wish I had friends like that.
Speaking of friends didn't we know someone with a Ferrari.
Andy
Old 05-16-2019, 11:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Looks great slate gray is such a misunderstood color and so few were painted in it. I wish there were more. That is some serious light to work with. I use a combination of fluorescent/ Metal halide & LED. I switch them on and off and in combinations each setting shows up something different.

I have to get to work I am Judging at Zone 1 this year since we are hosting and I have to bring a car so the turbo will get a full makeover.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
..... I have to get to work I am Judging at Zone 1 this year since we are hosting and I have to bring a car so the turbo will get a full makeover.
Better keep a closer eye on the areas you give to Nick then ....

Oh hey,... speaking of "Nick's",... I have some good news - As of last weekend our news is that we will now ALSO have a son named Nick! (son-in-law). Great kid. Great name.

=Steve
Old 05-16-2019, 05:21 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by a thompson
Speaking of friends didn't we know someone with a Ferrari.
Yes. I have not seen Steve or heard from him in a while.
He was on Channel 7's coverage of the Dream Cruise 5 or so years ago with his old Pontiac. This was after he had sold his Ferrari and Turbo.
Thanks Anthony.
Slate Gray is a nice color that you don't see very often. It's best photographed on an overcast day or at dusk.
Steve, I've been through the Annapolis are once and got the guided tour through the Academy with a graduate. It's a beautiful campus and area.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:43 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Better keep a closer eye on the areas you give to Nick then ....

Oh hey,... speaking of "Nick's",... I have some good news - As of last weekend our news is that we will now ALSO have a son named Nick! (son-in-law). Great kid. Great name.

=Steve
Congrats,

The zone is in September so he will be back at school for his final year no worries there. If I ever get my track engine finished I might just bring that and make it easier. I have all the parts GT3 throttle body and manifolds, dual Borg warner turbos and all the rest is together. Because I have nothing to do LOL I decided to take on two bathroom remodels my summer kitchen redo, add sheet rock to the attic and make two additional storage areas in my boiler room for car parts and paper products. I must be crazy. meanwhile Nick is working at the shop helping to organize and learn how to work on cars. He listens to others better then he does me. Glad to see he is getting a formal education on car maintenance and assisted with a IMS bearing on a 15k mile 03 boxster yesterday.

BTW when are we getting together? It is long overdue.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:09 PM
urquattro20Vt
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks awesome Paul. Such a great color.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:54 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice work, Of course, I would like to see more pic's of the engine bay and interior and more pic's of those sexy curves that our cars have, metallics shows very well.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:37 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

My car is in the shop but it is slate grey as well. I am missing it more after this thread!
Old 05-24-2019, 03:01 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 283 Posts

Metal, your car has always looked awesome. And when I was redoing my 964 I used your car ride height for reference.

Say, where did your friend get that giant Ford GT art work please?
Old 05-25-2019, 04:35 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
Metal, your car has always looked awesome. And when I was redoing my 964 I used your car ride height for reference.

Say, where did your friend get that giant Ford GT art work please?
Thank you.
It's a long banner that was loaned to him by the guy who moved into Saleen's plant in Troy, Michigan at the completion of the GT program in 2006. Saleen went bankrupt for the umpteenth time and left it behind.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:55 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Well my car is finished and riding on the stock wheels although lowered a bit. Not as clean as yours but I have big plans!

Quick Reply: Gratuitous Spring Polish/Wax Photos