Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New "Texan" owner of a 150k+ miles 964

 
Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 PM
  #121  
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Marine Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 14,017
Default

I can’t wait to get your impressions after the work that was done, seriously I bet it is an absolute beast and a blast to drive. I’m also very curious how it will sound with those sexy headers, I’d almost feel bad installing them they look so good.
Marine Blue is online now  
Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 PM
  #122  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 748
Default

Sorry for the quiet, too busy driving....

having a bit of idle hunting when warm. And clutch smell, occasional slipping in 4th at 5k.

The 3.8 cams and the shorter R&P are spectacular.
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 07:18 PM
  #123  
Santa Cruz Red
User
 
Santa Cruz Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
Posts: 148
Default

What ever became of the GT3 muffler piece of your puzzle?
Santa Cruz Red is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 07:21 PM
  #124  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 748
Default

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red View Post
What ever became of the GT3 muffler piece of your puzzle?
i decided against it, only because of looks. I donít like the center exit on whatís basically a stock looking narrow body 964.

I wish I went with it as I would have avoided the cutting and welding on the muffler (which is actually a 2 exit but one side is hidden under the bumper).
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 05:03 PM
  #125  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 748
Default

So we ran into a little bit of an issue.

the car runs great,itís doing a bit of idle hunting in certain instances but overall idles stable at 1200rpms. I may put back the stock MAF and airbox to see if the situation.

it pulls hard all the way to 7000 and it keeps on pulling. The limoter is set at 7500 but I donít want to push my luck... i gotta say though that I canít feel any power decrease up to 7k.

now to the issue: the clutch slips, mainly after 10minutes of spirited drive and under hard acceleration after 4k rpms. I installed a new clutch together with the RS flywheel amd parts so this is a bit of a mistery.
the shop is not new to a LWF install as it recently installed one on my friends car.

i doubt that the car is THAT powerful to cause the clucth to slip.

ideas? Itís going back to the doctor soon - keep you guys posted.
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 05:08 PM
  #126  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 748
Default

On a positive note, I currently have a set of Koni yellow with H&R springs, Eibach sway bars, A arm bushings and bump steer kit and the car is FANTASTIC!

i know there are the 2 religions here of KW and Bilstein but do not disregard the Konis if you use your car for the backroads. Use the difference towards seaybars + bushings.
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 11:22 PM
  #127  
Infinite1
User
 
Infinite1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 271
Default

As you are running the LWFW are you running a Steve Wong chip? I've researched here that helped solve the idle issues associated with the LWFW.

By the way, which Clutch and LWFW are you using? Any brand recommendations. Looks like that is on my list to be changed as it's my "while i'm in there" expense.
Infinite1 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:56 PM
  #128  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 748
Default

Originally Posted by Infinite1 View Post
As you are running the LWFW are you running a Steve Wong chip? I've researched here that helped solve the idle issues associated with the LWFW.

By the way, which Clutch and LWFW are you using? Any brand recommendations. Looks like that is on my list to be changed as it's my "while i'm in there" expense.
i am running a more custom chip as I have hotwire and dedicated cams. Not saying Wong couldnt do a chip for me, just that I bought a ďpackageĒ that included the chip.

tuner (Shop called FALASCA Porsche service in Rome) told me thatís how the idle is.

id definitely recommend the LWFW, I bought my stuff from RMEuropean - I took the part list from here and can share it with you if you send me your email.

RE my clutch slipping issue, there are 2 possibilities:

1) Clutch pack is soaked in oil -> unlikely as there is not a drop of oil on the ground

2) Pressure plate is not strong enough -> when it heats up the clamping force diminishes further, causing it to slip


soooo any recommendations for a stronger pressure plate?!
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 PM
  #129  
Infinite1
User
 
Infinite1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit View Post


i am running a more custom chip as I have hotwire and dedicated cams. Not saying Wong couldnt do a chip for me, just that I bought a ďpackageĒ that included the chip.

tuner (Shop called FALASCA Porsche service in Rome) told me thatís how the idle is.

id definitely recommend the LWFW, I bought my stuff from RMEuropean - I took the part list from here and can share it with you if you send me your email.

RE my clutch slipping issue, there are 2 possibilities:

1) Clutch pack is soaked in oil -> unlikely as there is not a drop of oil on the ground

2) Pressure plate is not strong enough -> when it heats up the clamping force diminishes further, causing it to slip


soooo any recommendations for a stronger pressure plate?!

Oh ok cool. Have you looked into the Sachs pressure plates? I've read in a thread their strongest plate is more capable than a turbo pressure plate.
Infinite1 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 06:23 PM
  #130  
The Italian Pursuit
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
The Italian Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 748
Default

"smoked" a friends 2005 997 S in 2-3-4th gear this weekend.
I am very confidents it can hit 140mph at 6,000rpms with 1k rpms to go.

Happy
The Italian Pursuit is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New "Texan" owner of a 150k+ miles 964


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: